Best flavors to replicate a menthol cigarette?

I’ve been DIY’ing for some time now, having quit smoking a few months ago, but my partner still smokes, and he has expressed interest in getting into vaping (yea!). I know from experience that when initially transitioning it’s helpful to go with the familiar, and he smokes Marlboro Lights Menthol, about a pack a day, and I was wondering what flavors would be the most faithful replication of that? I don’t vape any kind of tobacco flavors myself anymore, but I know when I first started vaping that I wanted it to be as similar to smoking as possible.

Also, with a 1.8 ohm BVC coil on a VV device, what PG/VG ratio and nicotine strength would you suggest to replicate the sensory experience of smoking a light menthol cigarette? (I sub-ohm myself, but he’s not interested in creating clouds at the moment, just replacing the stinkies.)

1 Like

I had a few friends that smoked menthols, I managed to turn them on to vaping, but the break-through for them was when I mixed them a batch of Mentholyptus (DV) at 8% - since then, they haven’t vaped anything else - not even tried anything else, I think. If you want a more tobacco-y quality I guess you could add some form of light tobacco. Possibly Shade (FA). But the Mentholyptus (DV) for them was enough :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@MarkM, Where are you located on the planet? ( i.e. where do you purchase your DIY supplies?)

Florida, United States. I do all my purchasing online, though, so I can get supplies from pretty much anywhere.

1 Like

These are analogue flavors I have in my stash and like them very much! Unfortunately finding a flavor that totally mimics a Marlboro is tough (some say SC Real Cig and HS Red USA Mix…I haven’t tried those yet)

Cig-a-likes:
HS Turkish
HS Desert Ship
HS Golden VI
HS Parmal

SC Turkish
SC Mild Seven
SC Parlay

ECX Mile Seven

INW Desert Ship
INW Dirty Neutral Base (very important for adding a real cig taste)

Don’t know much about the menthol, 'cause I don’t do the menthol, however, folks say good stuff about the FA Arctic Winter.

Menthol:

You might have to search around for the right menthol?!?

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=Menthol

Bull City Vapor has a nice selection of many different flavor manufacturers.

Good luck! :wink:

I am currently working on a menthol cigarette flavor for a friend of mine. I am by no means an experienced tobacco mixer, but these are the flavors I decided to work with in the recipe:

• Virginia Classic (Inawera) - It’s an analogue tobacco with a mint back note (2-4%)
• Burley (Inawera) - a smooth and full bodied analogue tobacco and adds mouthfeel (2-4%)
• Eucalyptus w/ Mint (Inawera) - Because I like it better than straight up menthol. (1-1.5%)
• DNB (Inawera) - That ashy taste you get from combustion (0.5-1%)

For the setup you mentioned, I would suggest around 12mg nicotine and 50-70% pg.

1 Like

I appreciate all the suggestions!

Maybe this is my answer…

I’m having an issue though I can’t seem to locate the correct menthol flavoring to suit my tastes. I’ve know what type of flavor enhancement I’m looking for. When I first started vaping I used Blu E-cigs to start and they have a flavor called “Glacier Mint” this is extremely close to what I crave if not it totally it. All of my E-Liquids come out extraordinary tasting with the exception of the menthol. The Liquid Barn Menthol Flavoring has a peppermint taste to me I can do without the peppermint patty candy effect I want pure menthol!

I’m working on it I’m searching the forum for some much needed advice and tips. It’s still not enough to make me go back to smoking though – nope not an option LOL!

*2 Months Cancer Stick Free:blush :smile: :+1:t5:

2 Likes

If you have mixed a flavor that is close to what you’re looking for, then add TPA Koolada to that mix instead of any of the various “mint menthols”. Koolada gives a menthol effect without adding any flavor. Use it sparingly though, as with most of the additives, which includes Smooth, bitter wizard, sour, etc. A little goes a long way.

1 Like