Best newbie rda for flavor

@Chrispdx
did that have something to do with the coils themselves or the deck? so you got best flavor using 2 coils?? were they a certain type ( clapton, ss, tc? ) thx viv

1 Like

Also take a look at the Pico Squeeze 2. Been getting a lot of good reviews…

3 Likes

@Wings4Life thanks for info, yes i saw that one

2 Likes

HCIGAR AURORA 80W TC SQUONK BOX MOD with a Recurve has been great for me on both VW and Temp Control. Not needing adapters to use 18650 20700 and 21700s is also nice.

3 Likes

“This is mainly because the rda has too much airflow for a single coil and yes more surface area” This was @Chrispdx reason for the increase in flavor.
I did dual kanthal coils single 26 gauge wire on a 3mm coil rod that came out to .3 ohms. The old rda that I have is a three post Dark horse that has adjustable airflow but i’m guessing it is designed for dual coils. So it had airflow coming from both sides when using the single coil which lowered the flavor output! Secondly you double the surface area running dual coils to heat the ejuice producing more vape and enhancing the flavor.
I believe if this device had a deeper juice well and better o’rings, it would be just as good as all of those I ordered from fasttech. The thing was purchased back in 2015 and we didn’t have the hundreds of options we have today!!
That squanking device looks pretty promising too! Will be watching to see what you end up with!
GL

2 Likes

If your main reason for wanting a squonk setup is that you are tired of paying for coils, then there is also another alternative and that is to get an RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomizer). I would still recommend that you start with an RDA as they are much easier to learn to build and wick on, but instead of going all the way with a squonk mod, you might also want to consider going the RTA route instead.

As for a regulated squonk mod then I have personally had good experience with the Anita from Arctic Dolphin, in fact I wrote a small review of it, though other reviews I have read have been a bit more mixed. As a general rule I will however say that regulated squonk mods still aren’t of the same quality as most normal mods.

5 Likes

I would say that is true for most mech squonkers too. I’ve had some dudes. The Defiant Designs TS being the mech exception and the Rage as the regulated exception.

5 Likes

Geekvape has an amazing regulated squonker that i tried out for a while (a friend owns it) - Gbox squonk kit. It has pretty much everything you want to find/see on a dual battery 200w mod. VandyVape pulse 80w is also awesome, and my daily vape is the ijoy capo squoner which is simple but works great on single coil builds.
I honestly don’t even want to try a mech mod when there are enough regulated options around.

4 Likes

@viva I don’t know what tanks you are currently using, but you could also look into the RBA’s for those tanks!!
I have a couple old Kangertech subtank plus models and have purchased the rba’s for them and currently vaping a parallel 26 gauge 4 or 5 wrap (can not remember) 3mm that is reading .55 ohm and vaping at 32.5 watts and it is giving me very good flavor!! Current mix isn’t the best but i am getting the flavor profile!!
I have a couple other tanks that i need to locate rba’s for as well! Just a thought!

2 Likes

Does anyone know which chip set they use on this one? It’s a good looking mod but pricey compare to the VandyVape set up.

3 Likes

No idea. They call it the Rage 155W Chipset. I’ve messed with it a little in TC with SS and Ti, but that really isn’t my thing.

It is pricy but @Lostmarbles found a deal a few weeks ago for $50. Not sure if it is still running or not.

ETA: It has a fast response time when you push the fun button. 90w is as high as I’ve had it and it hits pretty damn hard at 90w. It does have a bypass mode if you want to mess with that.

5 Likes

Yes. Friday13 was working when I ordered over the weekend. But you can only get purple or white. But I paid 64 to get a third bottle and for shippings. Not a bad deal at all. @Lostmarbles

4 Likes

That is or was a good deal. I will have to keep my eyes open!

3 Likes

Edit: sold out

1 Like

Just check the site daily. Maybe you will luck out.

1 Like

I believe it is the Nuvoton (NuMicro) I think it is the same chip that smok use.

4 Likes

Happy you could take advantage of it. It’s a great mod.

3 Likes

Yeah. I am happy I pulled the trigger. Probably the last day it was available. I kept telling myself, you haven’t bought a mod in a long time. Still want a dna with replay though.

4 Likes

@atssec97 Hi Mike, i dont have the rebuildable atomizer but i have many kanger nano tanks, they still taste better than the newer tanks, i got a fireluke mesh in the mail today , underwhelming., i get better flavor thru the kanger nano, with new coils of course, but since i like the sweet bakery liquids, i go thru coils like crazy, am going to learn single coil building on monday i getting a wotofo recurve and a squonk vandyvape. you should see my old coils i have about 300 used ones i was going to clean but they ended up tasting blehh, i still love the tank, better flavor than the baby beast, ello, melo, evic vtc, and even the nautilus mini

2 Likes

hi David, i got the recurve and the vandyvape 80w squonk how do you like the recurve as a rda or do you just use it for squonk?

1 Like