Best places to buy... kind of a poll

I keep looking online for a place to buy flavors. I know there are several. I was hoping to make a poll but as I can’t can you list the vendors you use for flavors? I already know where the get my nic and PG/VG. The problem I am having is availability. For instance the place that I am going to get my nic from has a lot of flavors but the smallest I have seen is 4oz. I want some smaller since I am beginning. The place I am going to get my PG/VG doesn’t sell flavorings.

I don’t care if it’s like 5 places you get things from, I just want to get a list together to do my research :blush:

So, do tell!

3 Likes

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/resources

4 Likes

@Norseman Thanks, I saw that but it isn’t comprehensive and doesn’t list any of the ones I had looked at before seeing the list. I was hoping for others that were not on that list. I used the word list to many times…

:relaxed:

ETA: I am in the US. Sorry peeps! Forgot to mention location!

2 Likes

Where are you located?

I highly recommend you use the flavor companies that the rest of us use because if you do not then you will have a real hard time finding recipes that you will be able to make cause you do not have the flavors you need. If you do not plan on using recipes here on ELR and prefer to create, then it doesn’t matter. Keep this in mind before you buy flavors that others do not use…

1 Like

In my opinion the best thing to do is use bullcityflavors.com for everything unless they don’t carry something you need. Done and done. ELRECIPES for 6% off.

3 Likes

If your slightly insane in the membrane like I am and can’t find the flavors you want at Bullcity, Nic River, DIYgremlin and the like
then try the major flavor houses directly.
CAP Capella
TFA The Flavor Apprentice
FW Flavor West
FA Flavor Art Euro has some really interesting flavors you won’t find at bull city
OOO One on One.Here is another one with a really wide range of different flavors
MF Medicine Flower
FLV Flavorah
RF Real Flavors

The Resource Page Norseman posted really is your best place to shop from as many of the links are direct to the discount page like Real Flavors link is. Drops you at the 10% off page automatically.

4 Likes

I buy everything I can at nicotine river, and usually get whatever I can’t find there at ecigexpress.

6 Likes

Gremlin DIY is always my first stop. They’ve usually got what I’m looking for and they’re on the same coast as I am, so shipping is quick and I’ve yet to wait for more than 24 business day hours for my order to ship out from their shop.

If Gremlin doesn’t have what I’m looking for, then my next stop is Bull City. They’ve got a HUGE selection, and carry some of the lesser used(? Still getting my mixing feet) flavor companies. They’re located on the East Coast, so shipping takes an extra day or so, but they are also really fast about their order turn-around time.

I’ve just received my first orders from Nicotine River and Real Flavors. I’m not ready to offer a reasonable review on either vendor, save this: Both packages were well packed, with plenty of padding to ensure that items were protected. I made my orders from both companies during the Memorial Day sales, so there was an extra wait time for the orders to process. Shipping took a while because: A) In Nic River’s case, the package had to ship via ground thanks to my ordering 100 mg/ml nicotine so FedEx took a while, and; B) In the case of Real Flavor, I selected the cheapest shipping option UPS Select. My package took three days to leave Ohio and a couple days to leave the sorting center in San Leandro, CA and then got hung up in Sacramento. To add insult to injury, the RF order was shoved into my mailbox and damn near required the Jaws of Life to remove. My Postal Carrier is a lazy jerk and is not getting any more XMas cookies, and is in no way, shape or form any fault of Real Flavors.

2 Likes

Answer depends on where you are located. I envy you USA folks alot with the cheap shipping from ecigexpress…

Me being from Europe, I just tried e-dym.pl. It’s a Polish site, so they carry most of the Inawera aroma’s. The site is very cheap (about half the cost of the average price of aroma’s here in Belgium), and quality seems good (Cap & TFA rebottled, FA and INW are in original packaging). I would fully recommend to people living in Europe when you don’t want to deal with the crazy shipping costs from ecigexpress.

1 Like

USA…RTS Vapes…I have found their FA, TFA, flavors to be the freshest…Overseas: FlavorMonks…Some of the most unique flavors I have ever vaped…From Belgium…

1 Like

Shamed to say I have never tried FlavorMonks… Will definately give a couple of bottles a try with my next order!

I’ve made multiple orders to Bull City Flavors with no issues at all. They have shipped my orders out right away and packed everything well.

I recently placed my first order with Nicotine River and even though it was during the Memorial Day Sale they still shipped my order out quickly and everything was packed well.

1 Like

I’ve ordered from Nicotine River, Bull City Flavors, Heartland, GremlinDIY, and Real Flavors. I’ve had positive experiences with all of them. I like Gremlin’s sales that they announce way before hand so you can plan out your orders to coincide with their sales. I’m a little sad they are no longer stocking DIYFS Holy Vanilla anymore, but they’re still a great vendor and I usually schedule my re-ups around their pre-announced sales. BCF does a great job at supporting the DIY mixing community and are a wonderful group of people who are active in this community. Same with Nicotine River and Real Flavors. Heartland’s site is difficult to search on, but they have good prices if you’re looking for 4oz bottles. Until the recent MAP pricing enforcement they had the absolute best price on 4oz FlavourArt bottles.

I’ve heard good things about Wizard Labs and ECigExpress, but I have never used them myself. I’d never order the small bottles from WL though. Last I heard they still use those annoying little vial bottles.

1 Like

I’ve ordered from Nicotine River, Bull City Flavors, Heartland, GremlinDIY, and Real Flavors. I’ve had positive experiences with all of them. I like Gremlin’s sales that they announce way before hand so you can plan out your orders to coincide with their sales. BCF

I’ve heard good things about Wizard Labs and ECigExpress, but I have never used them myself. I’d never order the small bottles from WL though. Last I heard they still use those annoying little vial bottles.

1 Like

http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/

1 Like

I also use Bull City for all my flavors and they rock. Great big selection and competitive pricing. Another good vendor no one mentioned is My Freedom Smokes. I bought my first mixing supplies from them. They carry everything you need (flavors, pg/vg, nic, droppers, beakers, cylinders, etc). Their nic is surprisingly good too.

1 Like

I’ve used ECigExpress before, and while the packaging and shipping were decent it’s their website that really killed the experience for me. I like to do comparison shopping of a sort: I build carts for a couple of different vendors to try and take advantage of coupon codes and paying the minimum for shipping. Sometimes when shopping for concentrates I’ll bounce back and forth between tabs for a couple of hours, sometimes a day or so(This happened more when I was first starting to amass my flavor arsenal, not too much now) If I took longer than an hour or two on ECX, I found that my cart would randomly dump all of it’s contents and I would then have to spend a while rebuilding the cart. If they can fix the timeout on their cart system I’ll happily give them another go, but until they do I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

2 Likes

it’s their website that really killed the experience for me.

Wholeheartedly agree. I do exactly the same thing with the building of a cart at multiple vendors, applying any discounts they have going on, and whoever is cheapest/has what I want that’s who I buy from. And I get annoyed with @ecigexpress’ website for that same reason. At least they fixed the speed of their website as it used to be horrendous, unusable for the longest time actually. Now if they could fix their search and how long it takes for their cart to timeout (even when logged in… honestly, if you’re logged in your cart should save what you put in there unless the item goes out of stock or you delete/purchase the item, but iirc I’m 99% sure that’s not the case with ECX) then they might become a go-to vendor for me.

Also, I wish more vendors went with 15ml bottles for their smallest bottles of flavors, like Gremlin, instead of what seems to be the standard 10ml bottles. I like to buy small bottles for flavors I haven’t tried before, but I feel that sometimes 10ml is too little. Especially when you want to use the flavorings in a few recipes.

Also, Nicotine Rivers 2oz bottles are the perfect amount for some flavors. Especially for the flavors that are used in small amounts (0.25%-2%) in a few recipes I use regularly, where I don’t want to order 30ml but 4oz is way too much. I wish more vendors would offer something between the 30ml and 4oz like NR.

The perfect vendor (for me):

• Scheduled sales so you can plan out your purchases (like Gremlin, check their Facebook to see what I mean)
  • A fast, easily searchable website with a cart that saves what you put in it when you’re logged in (NR, BCF, Gremlin)
  • Free shipping after $50 (NR, Heartland, Gremlin, and a few other vendors)
  • Flavor offerings in 15ml, 30ml, 2oz, 4oz, etc. bottles (NR)
  • Active involvement in the DIY subReddit/ELR community (NR, BCF, ECX, RF)
  • Takes PayPal (Gremlin, BCF, RF)
  • Large selection and competitive pricing (most of the vendors I’ve mentioned)
  • A selection including harder(ish) to find flavor manufacturers like RF, OOO, JF, MF, DIYFS, Hangsen, etc.
1 Like