Best RDA & Setup for Flavor 2018

For great flavor and non sub-ohm single coil indoor set up:
My Settings:zero nic,single coil (~6.4-.8w/32ga KA1;4-5 turns;.110 ID;Rayon and as much PG as you can stand)
Magma RDA
Origen V1 & V3 finned (3 post vert. but use single horizontal.)
Snapdragon
All above RDA’s have one attribute the others lack.

3 Likes

It could be it. That explains a lot. Thanks!

3 Likes

Found it! Great review. I also found others review about Wasp Nano and with the right setup, you can avoid spitback and whistle. I should just try this one, it’s not even expensive lol

2 Likes

The wasp has a lot of airflow for a single coil, I actually don’t get much flavor from it below 50 watts with the airflow wide open, lots of people like the wasp but mine sits on the shelf because I like single coils to be around the 40 watt mark with slightly restricted airflow, and it’s just too airy for me and when you couple that with getting a mouthful of juice every other hit I just set it aside

4 Likes

U can try diff o.d. coil and spacing that helps w/ spitting, as for the airflow it can be adjusted and choice of id of the 510 can help w/ both. I got great results w/ simple 2x twisted wire 3mm coil set up high even w/top of “posts”. I dont use my as much as either but more so because the concentration of flavor/nic is a tad too intense
For a 22 single coil an Entheon has my vote over wasp

2 Likes

I don’t get spitback, I get condensation from inside the cap sucking up into my mouth, putting a drip tip on it helps with it but doesn’t eliminate it. Closing the airflow down seems to make this problem worse, and also causes whistling. I have ran probably a dozen different builds through it, with a couple rewicks per build and adjusting coil position before rewicking, and I’ve ran everything from 2.5mm to 4mm ID coils. I really wanted to like it because it’s theoretically perfect for a single battery squonk mod but it just doesn’t work for me. I wonder based on its price point if it’s just a qc problem and some of them have different tolerances that make them work better, idk lol.

3 Likes

This Entheon has a lot of good review. Is it that good in flavor? A lot of people said that this is a better, anti leak version of hadaly but i never tried hadaly too :rofl: is the airflow restricted? Are you using the clone one or the original entheon? If clone, which one is better? Sxk or yftk?

1 Like

So many questions :man_facepalming: lmao, np tho. It has great flavor and it is psyclone mods as well. besides a deeper well, the clamps allow you to use a coil wound in either direction easier by flipping and rotating them and the barrel air holes are funneled from the 2 separate ones on the deck to one large centered versus the 2 independent ones the hadaly had. Some say this restricts the airlow of the hadaly but i am not that particular to sit and test enuff to tell. They did come up with the hadeon cap which uses the similar 2 hole airflow that the hadaly had. A few of the clones come with this cap and call it the hadeon. Since i was gifted both clones i dont know what brand they are but i do know cloners have come a long way and even noticed a few things that may be more attractive w/ a cloned piece of gear then the original.
It does come down to personal preference but i dont use the hadaly as much as the entheon because of the deeper well and easy of building. The wasp is a tad better on flavor but as i said its almost too rich and i prefer slightly airier vape. BTW you can also solve that by sticking a wasp cap on an entheon deck, enhancing flavoring a tad and giving you more color options.
K, think thats all i got, brain picked clean, Gl to u!

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying the pulse RDA from vandy vape. It squonks directly onto the coils which is great and the flavour is pretty spot on IMO. It is a very slightly restricted draw wide open so could easily be used as an mtl RDA closed down…you need to wick it quite tightly for this though…GL to U.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot worm. You made me think twice now lol. I really wanna stop buying things

2 Likes

Pulse 22 right? I really like the design of the deck, quite unique and should deliver flavor as good as recurve (based on the design). I prefer restricted draw actually. Now you just make it harder for me to choose!

2 Likes

He’s talking about the pulse x, because it squonks on the top of the coils. I don’t have it but do have the 22 it’s good but to airy for me even half open. Also the cap gets stuck on. But you may be able to find it real cheap.

Edit. I get great flavor from the pulse. I just like my clouds to be a little smaller with 20 mg nic

3 Likes

PulseX…trust me it’s fairly restrictive. My advice is to give it a try if you prefer MTL.

5 Likes

This may sound crazy but if you want the most intense flavor then you need to look into a RTA with bottom airflow or a RDA with bottom airflow. The Kennedy RTA is possibly the best flavor for a RDA.

1 Like

I like the avacado 24, 4 to 5 ml tank, single coil .5 ohms, set the watts to equal 3.8 volts and use thick wire and make a fat coil, I make mine at 3.5 mm, I use to use dripper but got tired of fillin it all the time, also run your ko jen doh cotton all the way into bottom on both sides…set it on about half airflow with a medium mouth piece…nice smooth flavor… of course make your ejuice alleast 60 vg or 70vg…

1 Like

Cc9fingers…out of curiosity, what type of build do you like to use on your Kennedy?

1 Like

Magma RDA as mentioned by @Brotherbob. Mine is the Paradigm Magma. 22mm, deep juice well and old skool as hell, but the flavor is godly.

A vote also for the PulseX and Profile!

4 Likes

Mine died this weekend. Thinking about burying it in the back yard.

2 Likes

Sorry for late reply…no the pulse X. Oops sorry just realised I already answered. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@fidonasir, this is a VERY late reply to thread, I just stumbled upon it looking up Drop RDA. You mentioned you’re interested in Wotofo Profile, but you cant get the mesh in Malaysia. I LOVE my Profile, and found out here that you can use this Vandy Vape mesh wire in place of the OFRF or Wotofo mesh screens. WAY more economical, too. Can you get this in Malaysia? You’d want the SS316L version in the 200. I’ve just started using this in the Profile, and it works beautifully. Best yet, you can get 5 feet of mesh (keep in mind, you use less than an inch of mesh to make a single coil) for about $9 USD. Anyway, just wanted to mention that as an option in case it might make the Profile accessible to you. It would make a very nice MTL vape, you can restrict the heck out of the airflow on the Profile, using the cap.

2 Likes