Best RTA in your rotation?

Looking to buy a RTA, not much experience with them as of now, have been vaping for 4 years but always get a burnt taste when I try and use them. I have seen the Griffin 25, and Ammit Dual Coil, just unsure of which one I should buy. My TFV8 stock coils keep leaking so they are untrustworthy. Also what type of premade coils should I buy for the RTA section. Thanks so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lots of Rta threads to choose from

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=best%20rta%20order%3Alatest

This one is still pretty active

3 Likes

Ohmega Alpha BFT. So good, I can’t bring myself to buy anything else.

Avoid the VCMT by Vapors Cloud, poor design.

well… imho atm if you had to choose between some RTA’'s i wouldn’t go for GRiffin or Ammit… and general not Geekvape…i own the ammit single deck, while i used the Ammit dual coil and Griffin 25 from a friend that he’s a more fan of them…

atm my suggestions would be…

a) Aromamiser by Steam Crave tonz of Vapor, great flavor)
b) Pharaoh RTA (see Aromamizer but add plus that you have more options for deck)
c) protank 4 is my daily vape … the rba it has doesn’t allow you building huge coils or very thick wires… but taste is smooth while has a nice capacity of 4ml with it’s rba… you can use manufactured atomizers too… it does well with both MTL and DL vaping)

well… the question about coils… is anything you wish… for me claptons/Fused Claptons or thicker wires are my choice… i like the vapor produce plus i like my vaping warm… but you can use even plain kanthal a1 of the gauge you like… i would suggest you starting with a 24ga Kanthal a1 or 26ga and later try some claptons or a more complex type of coils like tigers, alien etc…:slight_smile: gl and have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suggest the Merlin mini in single coils mode - easy to build on, amazing taste and it looks nice :slight_smile:)
The CoilArts Mage is my “out of the house” Rta and they all work amazing,
At the time being I seemed to prefere the Rdta’s more and more, the Avocado are great and the “new” Wotofo also works amazing and … It’s a small one. And of course … on the top Pindad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In my rotation? Digiflavor Siren GTA 22mm. A few months ago I battled with finding the RTA. It took me awhile and about a dozen RTAs, but I finally came across the Siren. Sold every other RTA I own.

Though it’s worth mentioning some honorable mentions: Merlin, Merlin Mini, Ammit single coil, Serpent Mini 22mm.

I am one of the ones that do like the Griffin 25,but had the same problem you described with any rda that I tried to use.

2 Likes

My favorite RTA right now is the Kylin by Vandy Vape. Runner up to my Kylin is the Pharoah by Digiflavor. I was like you at one time with my indecision. I would suggest hitting up YouTube and watch the review vids of the ones you might be interested in. I am pretty new at this myself but that helped me out a lot. Especially the vids that go through not just a review but through the entire coil and wicking install. Lots of times they will point out specific tips for that particular RTA. You will get leaking on any RTA if not wicked properly. Just FYI.

As a side note I too have used (still do) a few Smok tanks that use the TFV8 coils. The baby, big and king beast are all sensitive to the viscosity of your e-liquid. Thinner mixes such as 50/50 or lower tend to leak a bit. Thicker juices don’t seem to have that issue. Again, I am pretty new at this but thought I would share my personal experiences. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Several new atomizers are joining the Geek Vape collection under the new name of Digiflavor.

So Mo, which is it? No to geek vape or yes to geek vape?

1 Like

man i know where you going it… but seriously…
i know that people from geekvape made digiflavor or smthing like…

many tanks made based on geekvape designs BUT seriously…
with an exception of avocado (22m) that is a really great tank… i would say see ammit or dual ammit for exampel… they’re close to pharaoh for example… but pharaoh has a much better quality in it’s making… like the juice control that works much better… the extension seems better… the whole construction seems better… same goes for aromamizer… and many others… even medusa doesn’t have really so great to say about it… the “lock” is for laughs for example… i liked the idea of raising the deck for a little so even without a real tank it feets some juice and made an RDTA… but Cyclon for example of Fumytech with top and botton airflow whistles and wave from some distance… an RDA that fits 6ml with great flavor, airflow and capacity for a dripper… this comparison could go on from ages…

just saying “hey dudes, i am the first did that” doesn’t mean that others can’t end up doing something better than you… so i say no to geekvape… others seem taking geekvape ideas and make them better:P

2 Likes

Griffin AIO is an upgraded version to the Griffin Plus. Integrated with interchangeable build decks which are also compatible to use with the Pharaoh RTA to give the ultimate flexibility and options.

4 Likes

IJoy EXO RTA is a beast of a Tank I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

1 Like

Merlin Mini is an excellent RTA as was mentioned by @jj66… Another one I have in my rotation is the Goblin Mini V-3 which is right on par with the Merlin Mini…Both are excellent designs with build decks that are outstanding and offer single or dual coil builds with plenty of rooM…but with a fairly compact chambER which afford great flavor and excellent air flow control features… Other good RTAs in my mix include Serpent Mini, Bachelor Nano, and a Kayfun Mini V-3 clone…Good luck in your search… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also suggest the Merlin Mini. I use all rebuildables…literally my whole collection lol and I never leave without my Merlin. It’s never leaked on me (all the others have…many times), its easy to build (plus you get 2 build decks - single and dual coil), the flavor is outstanding and to top it all off it looks great on all my mods! Even if you dont pick the Merlin Mini as your first…It’s one to pick up sometime in life! Only con is the juice cap. It’s best to bring a bottle with you for fill ups

2 Likes

it;s a long conversation mate, i would like the topic of the OP gets full with stuff like that… if you want to make that kind conversation let’s do it in private m8 :slight_smile: i

Well the point of points that was the intell of pointer was the issue of digiflavor and geek vape are cut from the concurrent metals. They are like samesies but like name and all could be different. Its like dudes, the difference in an orange is the telephone pole because a vest ain’t got any sleeves. That should help I imagine.

9 Likes

[quote=“TheTinMan1, post:16, topic:139648, full:true”]
Well the point of points that was the intell of pointer was the issue of digiflavor and geek vape are cut from the concurrent metals. They are like samesies but like name and all could be different. Its like dudes, the difference in an orange is the telephone pole because a vest ain’t got any sleeves. That should help I imagine
[/quote]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ca/2a/76/ca2a76b8db5b71d119a38b21df90d4ac.jpg
https://img.memesuper.com/77f14d2bb73ff343c02a2450be97183f_peed-myself-meme-memesuper-peed-myself-meme-myself-meme-and-peed-myself-meme_625-435.jpeg

4 Likes

To answer the OP. My favorite RTA is the Griffin 25+. I use it 95% of the time. Lots of some nice looking RTA on the market right now. Many have been reviewed here by @Pugs1970 and will have you drooling.

7 Likes

So @Mohok according to this you base your problem with Geekvape on one product you are having issues with, another product you do not own or use, yet you say they are not a good company. I have not had issues with the Ammit, Ammit Dual coil, Tsunami 22, Tsunami 24, Acacado 24, Griffin 22, Griffin 25, or Griffin 25 plus. What i am trying to say is broaden your research before you crap on a company. This actually is a good company and in my opinion make solid products at affordable prices. Like everything we own we need to tweak it sometimes, but that is the learning process. With the right coil and wicking the products listed above perform wonderfully and most are my go to devices on the daily. Just an opinion. Also opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

11 Likes

:+1: 10 char