Best tank/coils for TC on DNA200 and/or Yihi (Lost Vape Triade)?

Hey there guys/gals,

Just got myself a Lost Vape Triade DNA200 and an SX Mini Q Mini. I have been doing a lot of research before I fire these bad boys up (have plenty of other mods to get my vaping while I research escribe etc) and am looking for suggestions for the best tank/coils for TC on the DNA200 and Yihi. I own 2 x Crowns (originals) but I hear the reviews on the SS coils to be rather ordinary given the ni200 stems on the SS coils.

I suppose I just want to know a good tank/coil that will vape great in TC on my DNA200 and Yihi mods.

Any help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

No suggestion here but to try an narrow your question down.

Stock coil or build your own, tank or rda, vaping style,…
The question as is is very similar to "i own a bike, what is the most beautiful color to dance on without shoes on?"
I know its hard in the beginning but at least try to narrow it down by going over what you already know. What are your likes and dislikes about your crowns, did you try other tanks(from friends maybe), what did you like dislike about them, are you able to build your own or willing to learn?

2 Likes

Yeah I’m down for whatever gives the best results. I like big DL hits. I have invested so much in the mods that I am more than willing to learn to build (I have already done a bit of it and have all the kit). On my other mods I have been vaping the original Crown on TC with the ni200 coils, I have strayed away from using the SS coils in TC mode as it isn’t recommended and people don’t really give it a good wrap. I find the SS coils not bad in the Melo 3. I’m just wondering whether it’s time to step it up to an RTA (my day to day working life wouldn’t give me the opportunity to drip). Hope this bit more of info helps.

2 Likes

Well if your willing to build i would definitly go that route stock coils can’t compare. But then a whole other can of worms is pulled open. RTA VS RDA VS RDTA and whatever other R there might be under the sun. Dripping might be out of the question for you but what is you combine it with a squonk mod?( may not be a good suggestion since you already spend a fair amount on mods).

Either way since you are wondering if it’s time to get into an RTA, i’m saying yes it is. Now as to what RTA i would ask a question for a beginner rta for DL (can’t help here i vape MTL). Either way try to narrow it down as far as you can to get the most accurate answers, my suggestion wouldn’t have suited you.

3 Likes

Really who doesn’t recommend it? Or are you just talking about the crown 1 coils?

A lot of people only use ss and nothing else, a quick search here and you will some very long discussions about ss.

That said if you are going to start building there are tons of threads here with rta recommendations. It is all going to come down to diameter of the tank (deck size in a large diameter tank is often easier to build on), tank capacity, flavour or clouds so I would say do a little bit of reading and come up with a short list then post it and ask for peoples experience with the tanks on your short list.

Not very helpful I know but better if you do a little leg work and take the list of 1000000000000000000 rta down to a manageable number.

Good luck look forward to seeing what you put on your list.

3 Likes

I have the Triad Dna 250 and use the Aromamizer Supreme with SS coils. Outstanding vape!

1 Like

I only vape with TC and I only vape with SS. I started of on regular tanks and premade coils but I kept having a metalic taste in my mouth with everything I vaped. After some research, I found plenty people saying SS has the cleanest taste. The only problem is, coil heads rarely state what material they’re made of and the vast majority is kanthal.

I gave up on that search and went for RDA’s/RTA’s and started building my own coils. I never looked back!

The flavor is fantastic and every time I go back to another wire, I do taste the difference and it’s usually not nice.

I’m by far not the best in making coils, but I do like a bit of a “fancy” coil that gives great flavor. So I use every trick I can find to get there in the best but easiest/laziest way possible.
I’m really stuck on fused claptons right now, 26g dual core wrapped in 38g, both SS316L. 100m spools are cheap and using this trick, there’s really nothing that can go wrong.

I never even bother to clean my coils, they’re too cheap, quick and easy to make to even bother.
This is the result in my Goon RDA

This build is about 0.14 Ohm.
You can easily put those same coils in an RTA and have the convenience of a tank. Really great flavor, great cloud production and perfect for TC.

I’ve seen some people mention that instead of using SS316L, you can also opt for SS304. This version of SS should have an even better resistance range for TC and has the exact great flavor. Personally, I don’t notice that much difference, but I haven’t played with it a lot.
But yeah, I definitely recommend SS for the clean flavor and its TC capability as well as being able to use it in powermode, glow your coils to check for hotspots etc. The only thing “negative” that I can say about SS is that is has a very low resistance. So if you want to build high ohm coils, you may need a big atty for all those wraps or use very thin wire that is springy and not as easy to work with. Again, there are tricks to get rid of the springiness (like blow-torching the wire).

2 Likes

If you decide to go with a Sub Ohm tank and pre-built coils I highly suggest the OBS Engine Sub. I got one in a package deal with a Lost Vape Efusion DNA200 and have been vaping it in TC for a week. It is really impressive. In my opinion it’s the best Sub Ohm tank that I have used so far. There is one thing about using Stainless Steel in TC on a DNA device that you need to know. The SS316L material profile that comes with the DNA is not very good. I am using a profile that was created by Jaquith on the Evolve Forum. It is working very well for me. Here is the link.

2 Likes

I’m not sure where you’re speaking from here. But either you’re getting bad info, or you’re referring to factory pre-made coils.

SS coils are perfectly suited for the DNA in TC mode, assuming you’re making your own. There should be zero ni200 involved.

No clue about pre-made SS coils, as I quit using them very early on. Too expensive for the crap quality you get, and having to replace them every few days due to gunking up, getting a dry hit, plain old defective out of the wrap, or getting a flavor that permeates the wick so badly that you can’t taste anything else.

2 Likes

Quoted for truth!
I use his v4 profile on the VT133, and it’s far superior to the stock SS profile with the wire I use from Lightning Vapes.

1 Like

Hey mate, thanks for the response, I will do more research. In regard to SS, yeah I was only referring to the SS crown coils. Vaping Underground forum they seem to give them a good spray, and a few other forums I’ve read on. Quite sure there are a few on here to saying to stray from the SS crown coils for temp control on the DNA200.

2 Likes

Hey, are you using SS316l, who is a good supplier of quality SS coil. Geekvape or UD any good?

2 Likes

Thanks heaps mate.

2 Likes

Very informative, thanks mate.

1 Like

The information that he is talking about is for the Uwell Crown coils. They use nickel leads welded to SS316 and can be less than optimal in TC without a good profile. I have had the best results with Jaquith’s SS316L v3.25 for the Crown 0.5 Coils. I don’t use the 0.25 Coils so not sure about those.

3 Likes

LightningVapes or AdvancedVapeSupply are the only two I would recommend. Both are US based. I’m sure we can get you help though, if you’re otherwise located. :wink:

1 Like

Ahhh. thank you!
Yeah, anytime you start crossing wire types, things are going to get more complicated (on anything other than power mode).

1 Like

FWIW, I use the original Crown coils in TC on my eVic VTC Mini on the SS316 setting and they work great. A lot better flavor than in power mode IMO. I used to use a TCR M mode at 120, but the SS seems to be working pretty well for now. I realize this is mostly about DNA mods, but I thought I’d throw that out there just in case it helped anyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Sure does @JoJo. And i think our OP will be glad to know his current setup/tank isn’t a piece of crap or money wasted, there is enough elitism in the vaping community as it is (my “mod” is bigger then yours). Is it worth it to get in to de RTA/RDA world? If you are interested sure, if not there is enough gear out that does the job and doesn’t require coiling/building skills.

3 Likes

I hope I didn’t come across this way. I still use my OG Crown tank regularly. It does have great flavor. I only vape 3 tanks that use stock colis and the Crown is one of them. The other two are the OG Cleito with 0.4 ohm SS coils and my new OBS Engine Sub. The Engine Sub really surprised me. It has fantastic flavor. I have put about 60ml through it in the last week and not a single dry hit or off flavor.

1 Like