Beta Testing New Flavors :D

TBH, that is kind of what I was expecting. Seems in testing to me that PDO has a tendency to mute flavors. But there seems to be a correlation in how much PDO is used in relation to how much muting occurs. Which might explain why your mix using the VB had a bit more muting.

I am still curious to see if anyone finds a “sweet” spot for it where we can reap the benefits without the muting. Thank you so much for your time in testing and reporting :slight_smile:

Yes. That is why he is mixing the same amount of flavoring in a pg/vg mix and a pdo/vg mix and comparing them against each other. Experimenting with the percentages will hopefully teach us which flavors tend to mute with the pdo, how steeping will be affected, and which percentage of PDO produces the best results. At least that’s why I am watching.

Do you know of a way we could do it better? I am still a noob and would love any tips on how to best learn and experiment. I always do better when brainstorming with others and bouncing ideas off others. Tends to make me think outside the box :slight_smile: I’m not very creative, so learning from you all is a tremendous asset for me.

The purpose of the comparison was to see flavor differences between the two mediums that are most widely used.

While PDO is very effective for PG sensitivities, it does have a tendency to deaden/mute fruity flavors, coffees however - are considerably sharper.

Adbaba had done some research (this guy is a mixing GAWD to me) and has essentially noted several flavors or volatile molecules that are muted or enhanced by PDO.

This confirms some of my suspicions - but not the end of the world. The flavorings in PDO are just as good, maybe better - the only issue (until recently) is that the concentrates are diluted compared to other companies. However - now that @Walt_RealFlavors announced stronger concentrates - this changes the game for his company, tremedously.

I’m trying to reason with the family CFO for a $50 infusion in the flavorings budget to try some of these concentrates.

4 Likes

Do you by chance have a link to Adbaba’s info on PDO? Or can you lead me to the correct forum to look please. I would love to read it.

I must have read it wrong I read it as @dwdh586 was mixing the PDO Flavors in a 30pg/70vg mix meaning its still being used in a PG mix or something like that lol.

1 Like

He posted some stuff here:

2 Likes

Yes, two mixes per flavor

1. 30/70 with 15% PDO Flavoring
  2. VaporBase PDO with 15% PDO Flavoring

As a control, I have also done a 30/70 with 15% VG Flavoring (same flavor as the PDO flavoring) - this still requires another week to fully catch up to the other batches (so far that I can tell).

Hope that clears it up.

3 Likes

I have only found what he posted here as well as a few old threads on reddit. I see that he is working on his secret lab and building a membership so I don’t think he wishes to divulge much information as it would hurt his business.
http://l0lo.com/what-is-l0lo/
I think @BoDarc was trying to decipher some of the technical data he posted about the PDO.

1 Like

Ok got it now lol I was really tired yesterday :wink:

1 Like

Secret lab? Business. Don’t know much about him, just assumed he was another diy’er. Does he have an eliquid business.

Just followed your link, that is explaining some things, thank you.

1 Like

Seems a bit high school to me. Have to be part of the “in” crowd, and seems to me after reading the about page that he holds an extremely high opinion of himself and is pompous, and isn’t out for the good of ALL vapers nor being helpful or helping teach newer diy’ers.

It’s about not smoking and supporting the rest of our community. Not secret society and elitism. That was just my take away from how it was worded and what it’s about? I could be completely wrong.

3 Likes

That is what I said when I first found out a few days ago. My take is due to pending FDA regs he is sidestepping the gobberment .He is offering free e liquid to members that I guess pay for something else?
I like any idea that says FU to the gooberment goons!

1 Like

Yeah, see my above comment. Maybe I’m seeing it differently. I’ll have to read the about page again.

1 Like

You are not the only one that got that from reading the about page. I came to the same conclusion after reading it.

3 Likes

Honestly I have no idea but if you scratch a little deeper than whats on the surface you will get a better picture.He has been very helpful but I have found that he isn’t going to give us everything we want to know.He will post enough for you to figure it out if you wish but as my Grandfather used to say “you have to want it”.
I am afraid that we all may have to find or create a secret society in a couple of years if we truly wish to help others quit smoking.
I don’t know enough either way to praise or condemn the man but I have read enough of his work to make me feel that I should cut him a little slack but that’s just my opinion for what’s that worth.
What I am most upset over is this “like” rationing we have going on up in here!
How many “Likes” are we allowed in a 24 hour period?:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Right! I think it’s like 50 likes per 24 hrs?

1 Like

I have some beta testers hehe. They are not releasing until September 1st but I will sneak a few 1oz bottles on the site this weekend if someone wants it early.

Here are the new flavors:
Saltwater Taffy Base
Sour Taffy Base (not sure I have much of this one)
Brownie Batter
Root Beer (A&W Style)
Cola
French Vanilla Cream (odd one)
Elephant Ear / Funnel Cake
Spearmint
Guava
Hazelnut

7 Likes

OMG those ones sound way better than the ones I got last time :wink:

1 Like

No crazy off the wall flavors haha.

With the 8th having passed, these were pushed back a bit. Still for the DIY market, these are great!

3 Likes

What is odd about the French Vanilla Cream?They all sound great!
I am working on some Cola mixes now so these have my attention.

2 Likes