Beta Testing New Flavors :D

you better not have Ken unless the " dirt " is a bottle and you dripped it into the next batch of deliciousness.
:wink:

5 Likes

Alright, it was in my mouth hole and not the dirt.

4 Likes

whew ā€¦ok Iā€™ll let it pass

you can pour out cantaloupe TFA all over the groundā€¦ wait a minute the ground is too good for that.

4 Likes

In keeping with the format used by zigz & Ken_O_Where, here are my impressions. All mixed at 8% single flavor (Molasses @ 5%) tested at 0.5 ohms 28g A1 kanthal single coil in a Zepherus V2 @ 25w on a eVic vtc mini

2205 - Powdered sugar
Nice and light but might get overpowered by a stronger flavor, nice for a bakery flavor.
1983 - Meringue
Nice mouth feel, a definite winner.
1984 - Meringue
Virtually no flavor to speak of, will continue steeping,
2209 - Sweetened Condensed Milk
I can see this replacing the dairy in any recipe I have. Sweet and creamy I love it.
2004 - Molasses
This flavor surprised me @ 5% it worked well. The flavor is spot on.
1986 - Honeydew
I didnā€™t care for this flavor didnā€™t really taste like honeydew to me. Tasted a little like chemical (perfumey) to me. Letting it breath and steep a little more.
1987 - Honeydew
This version is much more to my liking than #1986 closer to the real thing
20216 - Banana
Nice banana flavor, not like candy or ā€œripeā€ maybe as a compliment smells perfect though.
2391 - Pear
Very perfumey, the flavor is not bad should mature into a nice flavor.
2392 - Pear Cooked
Canned pears, I really liked this another winner
2389 - Peach
I was looking forward to this one a lot after reading @bradslinux review and was he right Iā€™m sure this will replace ā€œjuicy peachā€ in my recipes.
2393 - Root Beer
Of the two root beer flavors, this will be the one I mix with. IT reminds me of a mug of root beer. A little ligter then #2394 just a hint of candy. Iā€™m thinking root beer float.
2394 - Root Beer
Of the two I prefer this as a single flavor, it is much stronger. Even at lower percents you will still get a wonderful flavor
2388 - White Chocolate
I do not get white chocolate in this one. Itā€™s a nice creamy flavor, but not really ā€œchocolateā€.

I will continue to steep and test these flavors and I will report any significant changes. Iā€™d also like to thank @Walt_RealFlavors for the opportunity to test these Beta flavorings. Looking forward to beta 2.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Side noteā€¦ Who ever spilled the Propionic acid at RF is going to dieā€¦ Smells like bad BO lol

3 Likes

All Flavors were mixed to a 100%VG at 8% flavor to start with. I came to the 8% based on my experience with the 32 flavor sample pack. More tests with a higher percentage will follow shortly as I found 8% to be a little low on a few if not most of the flavors. Also, another round of testing and notes will be done at a 70VG/30PG at 10%. Following my testing and note taking sessions I will begin using these in a few recipes that I feel would benefit from a different take on a flavor note.

Z-2394 Rootbeer w/ Sassafras: S&V- Nice thick rootbeer note. Decent at 8%. 3 Day- This would be a great flavor to mix with. I am sure everyoneā€™s first thought would be rootbeer float. 7 Day- No real change from day 3, maybe a little creamier.
Z-2395 Rootbeer w/ Light Sassafras: S&V- A thinner, almost more ā€œwatered downā€ version as compared to 2394. 3 Day- No change from S&V, might be good as a single flavor mix or as part of a candy. 7 Day- Still no real perceivable change.
Z-2392 Pear (raw): S&V- Delicious clean fresh pear flavor. I love the fruit and this is spot on. I feel having the flavor as a VG base does wonders as there is no chemical PG taste that I have found ruins other pear flavors I have tried. 3 Day- Almost seems to have sweetened up a little more, closer to a canned pear in a nice light syrup. 7 day- No real change noticed from the 3 day
Z-2391 Pear (cooked): S&V- Very nice, lightly cooked pear. Again these pears shine as a VG based flavor. 3 Day- Much like the 2392 I feel it has sweetened up a bit just as if you cooked a pear and the natural sugars caramelized just a bit. 7 day- Brightened up a bit, noticed a slight floral note that I hadnā€™t noticed with the 3 day. Delicious flavor
Z-2388 White Chocolate: S&V- A little creamy. Not coming across as a white chocolate though. Let it steep a while and see what it turns into. 3 Day- No difference. 7 Day- Still creamy with maybe a slight hint of that all too familiar candy chocolate note. Maybe a longer steep is needed, also a higher percentage possibly.
Z-2209 Sweetened Condensed Milk: S&V- Sweet, light, dairy flavor. Canā€™t wait for this to steep longer, I can already tell this is going to be a great light cream base or great for adding a little sweet frosting like note to a recipe. 3 day- Steeping wonderfully, still light and fluffy sweet note. No hints of Butyric Acid at all. 7 day- This is easily one of my favorite flavorings from Real Flavors. Still no BTA taste. Very nice sweet dairy flavor. This is a keeper for sure.
Z-1983 Meringue: S&V- Nice sweet light meringue note. 3 day- Spot on meringue, one of the best takes on meringue I have had. 7 day- No real difference from day 3, just a perfect meringue I hope this one stays around.
Z-1984 Meringue 2: S&V- Much different than the 1983 Meringue. Heavier and almost darker cream notes, still, a good flavoring. 3 day- Definitely heavier than 1983, almost as if you used a heavier cream when making a meringue and added a touch of brown sugar maybe. 7 day- Even more of that brown sugar note this time. Still a good flavoring and I hope they both stick around as I feel each has their very positive attributes.
Z-20216 Banana: S&V- While it smells spot on Iā€™m not getting much out of it. 3 Day- No difference. 7 Day- Banana is starting to come out more. Nice clean real banana note. At a higher percentage it would be great for an authentic home made (w/ real bananas) milk shake.
Z-2004 Molasses: S&V- Sugary authentic Molasses. 3 day- Thick, sweet sugary goodness. 7 Day- No noticeable difference from day 3, not one of my favorite flavor profiles but it is good and I am sure it will fit in recipes very well.
Z-1986 Honeydew: S&V- Up front the taste was decent. Nice light Honeydew note. Strong chemical note on the exhale. 3 Day- Still a pretty strong chemical taste. 7 Day- The chemical note is dieing down a little but still too strong to really enjoy.
Z-1987 Honeydew 2: S&V- Much better take on Honeydew. Still getting a very slight chemical taste on the exhale. 3 Day- Chemical taste almost completely gone. This is a nice light melon. 7 Day- No change. Nice pretty authentic Honeydew flavor.
Z-2389 Peach: S&V- Very Authentic peach. Light at 8% but very good representation of what a peach flavoring should be. 3 Day- No change. Delicious juicy peach. 7 Day- This is my favorite peach flavor so far. Fruits are much better suspended in VG. Iā€™m sold.
Z-2005 Powdered Sugar: S&V- Very slight sweetness. 8% might be too low to get any real flavor. 3-day- Almost seems less noticeable after 3 days. 7 days- Will have to revisit this one on the next mix at a higher percentage.

7 Likes

Blue Raspberry and Pink Lemonade recipe :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Butter Rum. That is all.

3 Likes

I guess I have to be the one to ask. @Walt_RealFlavors , as good as all these flavors smell and taste - you are a bad ass. But some of us are wonderingā€¦ who made White Chocolate? :wink:

Oh, and guysā€¦ Cinnamon Toast at 4% in a 20% flavor recipe - Do not go there! Hehe. Pretend it is Rich Cinnamon! Itā€™s really great flavor wise. But it is really strong too.

4 Likes

I did I promise. They all canā€™t be hits all the time ha. Normally if I am unsure on a flavor I will make a few. This one I just ran out of time.

4 Likes

Great review and thank you for taking the time @TheFlavorChaser

3 Likes

So sad I missed the train on this one. Hereā€™s to lurking more!

1 Like

@Walt_RealFlavors Mixed my flavors. So far very impressed! Iā€™ve let them steep 24 hours to take notes.
Strawberry Milkshake- if CAP sweet strawberry and TPA Ripe strawberry were married and had a baby, this would be their child. AMAZING Strawberry flavor! Canā€™t wait to see what longer steeping does.
Mixed Berries- Iā€™m speechesā€¦ Sooooo flavorful, so many berries going on I canā€™t find a single one that just stands out, wonderful job! Iā€™m racking my brain trying to find what flavors would go with thisā€¦ itā€™s amazing stuff by itself, canā€™t wait to see how it ages.
Chocolate Milkshake- spot on again! The absolute first chocolate Iā€™ve tried that didnā€™t have that same tootsie roll candy flavor, like chocolate roll from LB or double chocolate clear from tpa. The most delicious creamy milk chocolate flavor Iā€™ve found yet!
Coffee- if I open this up again in the house my wife says I have to go sleep on your couch waltā€¦ lol straight SKUNK Spray! Mixed at 3% the lowest recommend on your site. Still not low enough. 1% itā€™s tasting more like a strong espresso. Nailed it again. Great coffee taste this will do well in other mixes and Iā€™m excited to try.

Iā€™m gonna let them steep and test again in a few days and jot more notes down in my journal. You have a new flavor customer here walt. I canā€™t wait to order again!
1 of everything please!

5 Likes

Some great reviews here, which was my main concern that I raised with Walt when he first came on.
Have to say my urge to place an order is getting stronger!
Now how is the Scottish butter shortbread coming along? Hahaha

1 Like

Here is the list for Beta Box 2 I have about 50 flavors I am personally taste testing from this whole group. Once I think they are good enough to go out and I knock it down to about 15, we will have beta box 2 on the site :smiley:

Scottish Biscuit / Butter Cookie/ shortbread types
UBE/ Sweet Potato/ Yam type (They said UBE is the purple one)
Sea Buckthorn or Seaberry (Sour berry of sorts)
Hickory / Smoky flavoring
Ginger Ale
Wasabi
Sriracha
Iced tea
Earl Gray Tea
Oatmeal cookie
Rhubarb

If the flavor you requested is not on here, it does not mean it will not make it in beta box 2, it just means I failed at remembering to add it.

6 Likes

Beta Box 1 results are in.

Key:
Red - Dropped
Yellow - Phase in
Green - Sent to production

6 Likes

Amaze flavors, Much yum, Many happy!

4 Likes

Thereā€™s this: Oak Wood by FlavourArt

what they say:
Oak Wood
The aged and smooth notes of wood. Useful to round off liquers and drinks.

HICā€™s notes:
FA Oakwood:
This is not a tobacco flavor, though
vendors often classify it as one. Oakwood is one of FAā€™s darker-colored
flavorings, but the flavor is mild, and it doesnā€™t clog coils. The taste
is dry, mild wood. This is fresh, raw wood - not charred or charcoal,
not smoke. There is no pine, hickory, mesquite, or cedar aroma - just
plain mild oak.This is surprisingly good as a standalone flavor at 3%,
gives the impression of standing in a lumberyard or starting a
woodworking project. Try it for a break from tobacco or sweet flavors;
itā€™s very pleasant.
FlavourArt obviously intends this as
an additive to tobacco blends, but Oakwood also adds an ā€œOak Barrel
agedā€ effect to other recipes and alcohol-flavors like Whiskey and
Brandy. Use about half as much Oakwood as the boozy flavor, but donā€™t be
afraid to go as high as equal amounts of this mild flavor. Remember
fruit ciders are often barrelaged, too.With tobacco blends, a little
Oakwood adds overall dryness; more produces the woody flavor. Donā€™t be
afraid to add 1% Oakwood to a recipe, and work up from there.
Add it to recipes containing coconut
to get the flavor of the papery, light brown ā€˜skinā€™ inside a coconut
shell. Try Oakwood with your favorite vanilla, too. The raw wood flavor
adds an agreeable, rustic effect. For smoke flavor, look at FA Black
Fire instead (or along with Oakwood).

2 Likes

No powdered sugar ā€¦I hope this is only a minor setback but @Walt_RealFlavors is on it and a V2 is in the plans.:yum:

1 Like