Beta Testing New Flavors :D

Ok so some MAJOR changes are coming to the beta program.

As we adventure off in to the “who the heck requested that flavor” groups, I decided to change it up some.

We are now going to let you design your own beta / sample pack.

Not only will you be able to select normal flavors, but you will also be allowed to select from the current stock of betas (Yes we have over 30 beta flavors waiting to be tested!).

While you will be limited on the number of testers you are allowed to select (1 per), we are not changing the cost. For beta flavors (only) there will be no charge (only shipping).

5 Likes

This is being coded as I drink more and more Rockstar… More updates as they come :smiley:

4 Likes

I suggested this once upon a time…it’s easier for people to test one flavor than, say, 7 or 8. And give good feedback, that is.

1 Like

You did. I just was never able to build it until recently.

I promise I never miss a message and everyone’s feedback is always noted. Sometimes it just takes me a bit to get it done :smiley:

3 Likes

And you, sir, always get it done…you haven’t let us down yet

2 Likes

Nice! Rubbing my hands in glee :slight_smile: Still have my list of flavors I wanted to try, will love to customize my sampler pack! I will keep my eyes peeled for when you update us that’s it’s ready. To clarify, I can order custard, butterscotch pudding, bread pudding, and cream cheese in my sampler? I don’t have to stick to the bakery category or fruit? And yes, I expect to pay for my sampler pack, not talking about beta. Although, there were a couple of those I wanted to try. Will we have the option of adding the beta flavors to the pack we pay for as well if we are willing? Thanks so much!

1 Like

Oh boy. Interesting change. I was so gearing up for beta box 5. Got my rda in and building skills up so could test flavors. I was intrigued by what the surprise flavor would be.

1 Like

The standard one has been uploaded. We are still working on the beta one but that may not be until Monday. (The beta one will still be free to add to your cart and will depend on how many we have.)

Keep an eye out here https://www.realflavors.com/collections/sample-packs

:smiley:

3 Likes

Grrrrr. I had my sample box all loaded and in the cart and when I went to check out got this

"This site can’t be reached

www.realflavors.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

Now I get that error every time your page loads. That’s ok, I’m sure it’s just a glitch, will try again later. I still am not seeing Sweetened Condensed Milk from beta box 1. Can I put that one in my notes for the beta choice please please please? I’ve been dying for that one to try.

1 Like

Woooo hoooo, thank you so much Walt! Website finally loaded and my sampler pack is ordered. I can’t wait to try some of these flavors. If they are as good as the bread pudding, I’ll be in heaven :slight_smile:

3 Likes

SOoooooo…

I need a select group of beta testers for a new project… I have a few flavors that were extract in to Zemea® USP-FCC propanediol instead of VG (or PG).

From my own testing I can tell you that they are #$*&%$ strong… (not MF crazy but damn…)

Anyways I wanted to test these and see if making a line would be worth it. The cost is STUPID high to make but… if they allow you to shake and vape then what the hell.

“Zemea® USP-FCC propanediol is a pure, naturally derived flavor carrier, extraction agent and bitterness supressor for food and beverages. A welcome alternative to petroleum-based ingredients, Zemea® USP-FCC propanediol has unique solubility properties, is effective at boosting preservatives, and provides humectancy in a variety of food products.”

3 Likes

I would be interested in something new.

1 Like

I am excited by the research on it and am still looking in to it more… It cost some $$$ more than VG ha

2 Likes

I’m game…but only at the tune of 1 or 2 at a time, so I’m not spread too thin. Makes for better results.

1 Like

Higher concentration…count me in! I think you have my 411 but will PM just the same. Thanks Walt.

1 Like

I would love to try them and give feedback if any spots are left. So am I to understand this carrier cuts down on steeping and is shake and vape friendly?

1 Like

Id certainly be interested in testing some 1,3P flavorings.

2 Likes

I love the sounds of reduced steeping ,I would love to test it if you have a spot left.

@Walt_RealFlavors I had read about the PD sometime last year when a popular juice maker was supposedly going to be using it in there products in place of PG. Not sure if they ever did or not. Have you substituted just the plain PD in place of PG in your mixes, and if so would you please share your results?

1 Like

Beta 2 test review
Reviewed 9days ago…Copy and pasted from document sent to @Walt_RealFlavors

Flavor_Alchemist
Beta 2 Flavor Test review of flavors provided Real Flavors…

Mixed 40/60 PG/VG at 18% flavor.

Steeped 2 weeks (no heat treatment) after froth treatment at mixing time.

Vaped in Goblin Mini RTA at 1 ohm Mouth to Lung

Baked Bread: Just like walking through the kitchen with the smell of a loaf of bread in the oven, and with a flavor to match that smell…Very smooth vape that didn’t change much at different wattages. A singular tasting vape with not a lot of layered complexities…Would blend well with peanut butter/fruit jelly kinda blend…Perhaps butter and cinnamon. There seemed to be almost sort of a potato bread essence to this flavor, but certainly not a dry vape as I initially anticipated.

Ginger Ale: Light/mild taste of the beverage with a little sweetness to it, but not an overwhelming flavor…Again a very smooth vape as are most of the Real Flavors, but for me, not too much to write home about.

Short Bread Cookie:…This was a tasty flavor reminiscent of the Girl Scout cookie, only tastier, and with an essence of sprinkled sugar…It too, produced an air of walking through the kitchen with cookies in the oven…Not a dry vape, as I anticipated, as Shortbread cookies often require a slug of milk to help wash them down…This flavor did not engender that feeling at all…A pleasant experience which started out light and increased as my tank warmed up.

Oatmeal Cookie:… This flavor did not do much for me, as I was anticipating a sort of spongy/chewy effect that a good oatmeal cookie has in its’ ingredients…Was perhaps hoping for a raisin touch, but the vape did not capture it for me…It seemed dry to me…Oatmeal flavor was light and not very evident.

Baklava 1 : This flavor was very pleasing as it captured the honey/sweet blend…And it wasn’t over bearing in the least, as many honey flavors are notorious for being too overpowering…This Baklava captured the essence of the saucy part of the flavor of the dessert…It had a moist sweetness which was a pleasant vaping experience, and again, very smooth.

Baklava 2: A totally different experience from Baklava 1 in that it lacked the honey/sweet aspect of the dessert, however, it did capture the dry, sort of flakelike, portion of the dessert…Also, there was a slight nuttiness essence to the vape.

Those observations made for the two Baklavas said… make the idea of combining both Baklava flavors together to create the whole for a complete experience of a piece of Baklava, a reasonable possibility. I think this is an experiment worth experimenting with.

White Chocolate:…Not being a white chocolate fan, I expected a bland combination of weak tasting chocolate with a slight hint of vanilla…What I tasted was more of a creamy chocolate which was light, and there did seem to be a slight vanilla ingredient, but there also appeared a faint spicy hint, which is indescribable… As my tank warmed up, the creaminess increased and became more smooth and the chocolate (though still light) did become a bit more pronounced…and with no waxy over or undertones which was another expectation I had…A pleasant surprise

Sweet Potato:… This flavor is the one that I most looked forward to vaping based on its’ smell from the container…and was not disappointed…The flavor tops this list of flavors for its’ uniqueness in vape flavor experience…An accurate representation of a sweet potato served at the table with a drizzle of sweet sauce for dinner…The most bold flavor of the collection…Would blend excellently with marshmallow and perhaps a small amount of butter…Perhaps a bit of the cranberry that gets picked up by your fork, alongside the sweet potato while we eat at Thanksgiving…

Overall, these Flavors are definitely a departure from “Run of the mill” flavor profiles in the DIY mixing environment…They are mild flavors, however,and most of them tend to be focused on 1 flavor experience, without a lot of layers of complexity…That said, I believe that in order to get the most from them, one will need to be creative in effective pairing of 2 or more flavors to create some very interesting and unique vape profiles…And given the vast array of flavors that Real Flavors is releasing, I believe that some beautiful, and unique vape experiences can be created…

4 Likes