Biggest pet peeve! No description of flavors when purchasing from venders!

This is the main pet peeve I have when searching for new flavors, no one ever puts a dang description of what the flavors taste like and those that do are very brief if anything, just copy and paste what the manufacturer has as their description of the product on their site it will only take 30sec to do it.

When searching new flavors I would love to have a good somewhat detailed description as to what the flavor tastes like so that I get a good understanding of the flavor and if it would work well with any future mixes!
Does this bother anyone else out there in the ELR community? ?

2 Likes

Any vendor will say all their flavors are best there is. My best practice has been to view the flavor notes on ELR or flavor notes\reviews from another forum. Most good flavors will have several comments and good ratings.

5 Likes

I totally agree with pro vapes. The other way to look at it is the recipies you want to make. Sometimes you just need that one flavor. You may see from time to time not the best reviews of a particular flavor…but sometimes that flavor is what makes a recpie pop. That’s why ELR is so important, you’ll find those hidden gems of info your not going to get from an ecx or bcv website review.

Take lemon. Lemon Sicily FA is one I really like. But for some reason it’s missing a pop when you make it the star of a recpie (for Atleast my taste). I did a lot of reading and some folks keeping referring to lemon fe…well I haven’t used it much so far, but the one time I have used it I like it. And now it will be added to my lemon mixes sparingly just for a slight bump. Lemon Sicily will be the star, but she will be standing on top of lemon fe.

2 Likes

Hey thx! You just reminded me …I have some homemade Limoncello in the freezer

1 Like

Unfortunately the manufacturers can be equally vague about their products. That’s how I ended up with a bottle of FA’s Eclipse that I’m probably never going to use. If I had know it was a minty flavour…:unamused:

1 Like

Hahha. We all have a few of those in our flavor stashes. Mine is mts FA. I have a 30ml bottle and I really should have only purchased a 10-15ml.

2 Likes

Someone posted on one of my recipes moaning that I should re-name it ‘strawberry lemonade’ - because they were looking for something else [the recipe is named Lemonheads] - I thought that was a bit daft of them tbh. How many ‘premium’ juice flavours are actually reflected by the name? It also take about 2 seconds to view a recipe and get a good idea what’s in store. I think juices that are point blank named what you’d expect are a bit … boring :smiley:

2 Likes

There’s a thread about this…

1 Like

Ach, can’t keep up with them all :smiley: [just clicked it’s ancient that thread!]

Do people moan and rant when they see a juice like Unicorn blood … only to discover it doesn’t actually contain any unicorn remains? Names should be fun, I couldn’t care less what people call their juices once it’s not boring … like … “apple with some cream and a drop of lemon” … it’s not a boring preservative shop, we’re not making jam!

I name most of mine after a song or something it reminds me of, or that inspired the recipe, rather than merely the ingredients. If we all named them after the ingredients there’s be EVEN more “Strawnana custards” than there is already.

3 Likes

If it has no description, I do not buy it unless I have bought it somewhere else before and already know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I name mine strawberry custard sweet cream marshmallow with cactus… or chocolate mint with cookie and custard because I’m just plain too dern dumb to remember all them sexy names yoose peoples are givin’ your recipes.

1 Like

The best thing about making my own juice, and not selling it … is I can please myself with the names :smiley:

I don’t get to name much, I’m gonna be a little original with my personal mixes. If people don’t want to try them, their loss :stuck_out_tongue:

Coincidentally my latest mix has castus in there. And it’s a tame, predictable name, because I’m tired this evening :smiley:

1 Like

This is the key. You don’t like someone’s recipe name, you adapt it and save it under whatever name you do like.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

(Which would make a great recipe name BTW)

3 Likes

I’m stealing that! Hmmm let me think … FA lemon Sicily, Capella green peas … er … :smiley:

1 Like

I was just offering you more reading about the subject.

2 Likes

I love that name but I would forget what I put in it.

Me: Hmmmm… I can’t remember…was Peasy the 2 cream recipe or the Cookie and Cream Base… and was Squeezy Lemon Sicily or Capella Lemon?

2 Likes

I suffer from CRS, that’s why I use this site. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is a great DIY place in Canada, called DIY-ejuice that I use, if not partly because they always have tons of reviews. Not only is it helpful to read comments from people that will say whether it is a true blueberry or not, for example, but when looking at all the flavours, again, let’s say blueberry, you can easily see the highest review counts.

That didnt mean so much to me the first time I purchased flavouring but with a bit of experience, I find it very helpful. I have discovered that 99% of the time, the numbers are correct and I can quickly determine the least popular of any flavours.
Other Canadian DIY juice stores don’t do that and have lost my business to the other for this reason alone.

1 Like