Bitter , soapy aftertaste , what is solution!

a very remote possibility but worth checking… if you have any issue with your teeth or gums - sort of infection, or inflammation … these can also cause an after-taste … i’m not a doctor, but been there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went to the doctor , no problem in my mouth .

That is much too high of a level of responsibility for the kids.

3 Likes

I have try 90/10 VG/PG I cant vape it I feel too tight chest but after one month try it again it was good , is it mean VG brand not very quality or maybe I was sick ?!!

well… at your place i would do these steps…

a) if you’re using an RTA… change the wick and wires… and clean the tank (make it in parts and make a warm bath… clean every part) use CLEAN weak and new wire… (glow some times the coil for burning dirts or whatever on it…) clean your hands very well… and wick it… if the wick is dirty can produce a really nasty taste…

b) try another flavor, and check if you can get the right taste…

c) make sure you’re working on right watts…

d) if nothing above works… i can’t think something else right now :stuck_out_tongue: probably something has been done wrong with your recipe or steeping procedure…

please give some more info… like the recipe you made… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many people are actually quite allergic to PG. If it burns your lungs when you vape, it’s more than likely your lungs are telling you they don’t want PG in there. VG is largely chemically benign whereas PG is… well it’s quite chemically altered …the best way to explain it is here:

I’m gonna tell you to start out here by buying this VG, cutting it with 5% Water and 1% Vodka. Do your calculations on the recipe site as Max VG and as you get more confident you can start buying stronger nic bases and cutting it with VG from essential depot.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/e-liquid-bases/nicotine-bases/1mg-24mg-bases/3mg-unflavored-nicotine-base-select-size.html

1 Like

Also, some flavors you buy will burn and gunk your coils with burned sugars quickly and it will hurt your lungs. 2 examples: Cranberry and Caramel. Bavarian Cream will too if you use too much of it.

3 Likes

I think also vanilla ice bean flavor

2 Likes

Getting good at this takes time. I almost gave up at DIY about 3 times.

2 Likes

on eliminating PG and PG alternatives I just posted this to another thread

4 Likes

I found 1 product of it on Amazon UK, 125ml, £7 and £18 shipping costs.
Any idea how much VG I can buy for that? lol

Maybe it’s common in the states, but really not here. I haven’t dug into it yet, but that makes me wonder if there are any health concerns with the product as well. Again, I don’t know, not making any claims here, just questioning why.

1 Like

If you are only using 20-30% in a mix it’s maybe 6-7mls in a 30 ml so even a small 240ml bottle would make 40 X 30ml bottles. The anecdotal advice is that PDO is maybe less allergic reacting than PG so can be substituted. Even in the US with shipping it was just under $30 USD for 1 Liter. You may find a larger bottle may be slightly cheaper in the long run …translation if 240mls is 7 quid, that doesn’t mean 1000ml is £28 …and shipping may be close to the same.

I can’t make any health claims regarding PDO but I use it and have for awhile. My wife doesn’t vape and mixing at 70/20/10 (flavorings) reduces the clouds …which helps me to continue getting relatively free …oh I just can’t

1 Like

I think you’re missing the point about me saying it’s expensive. It’s different for you because you have easy access but for me:

The best deal I can see so far is 125ml for £25.
At an average 70/30 mix, this means I can make 125 / 30 * 100 = 416ml of e-liquid. That’s 416 / 30 = 13.9, let’s say 14 30ml bottles.
So that equals to £1.78 per 30ml bottle (£25/14 bottles) and that is just the 30% PDO, no nic, no flavor, no vg yet.

I roughly pay £0.85-£1.2 per 30ml bottle right now, i.e. flavors, nic and VG together.

All in all, it is cheaper than commercial juice and it’s by all means completely ridiculous compared to the price of smoking, but it is still bloody expensive compared to more conventional stuff :smiley:

Maybe somewhere you can get this cheaper in bulk, probably, but it’s not within my reach.

understood. Try @Maureeenie’s technique using distilled water and maybe some vodka. Mostly the idea with PG or even PDO is they are thinners which made vaping in olden eGo cartomizers and early subohm tanks work at all. Max VG is just too thick for older tanks, but as such may not even be an issue for you.

3 Likes

No, I’d just want to try it for flavor carrier. I’m dripping and the rta’s I have can take max vg, no issues there

The water and alcohol also are alleged to help with flavor.

1 Like

Alleged, lol. I just love you.

2 Likes

{{{@Maureeenie}}} It’s difficult to help people in their search and not make hard and fast claims. I use PDO because I didn’t like the taste of PG and being “Unregulated” means I like operating out here on the fringe …allegedly. :wink: Oh and I put distilled water in everything from your recommendations

2 Likes

If you keep the vodka out, it makes the steep time too long. I have zero patience lol

1 Like

all my alcohol is brown… or red. I need to pick some up but I always get distracted in liquor stores :sunglasses:

2 Likes