Blizzard of 2017

To all of my ELR family on the east coast…please be careful and wishing you well for tonight/tomorrow’s storm. Hopefully we won’t have a bad one…well who am I kidding lol.

18 Likes

Yes, stay safe you east coast lovelies :blush:

9 Likes

Hoping the ocean freezes so I can skate across to youuuuuu!!!

I think that’s a song. Well, I don’t think it’s really a song, but it should be, it sounds so romantic.

13 Likes

This is as close as I got with the lyrics lol

7 Likes

In our neck of the woods they are currently calling for 8-12 overnight and 3 -5 tomorrow. All stocked up on firewood and eats, the generator is all gassed up and ready to go so we will just kick back and enjoy. So far this year all of the storms have missed us. Truthfully kind of glad to see it coming.

Let it snow Let it snow Let it snow.

12 Likes

12 to 24 here in the city. Stocked up and ready for a good day of mixing :+1:

9 Likes

Blizzard? It’s only a foot or two!

5 Likes

I just had to look and see. Quoted from a Google Search.

The term “blizzard” is often tossed around when big winter storms blow in. But the National Weather service has an official definition of blizzard: A blizzard is a storm with “considerable falling or blowing snow” and winds in excess of 35 mph and visibilities of less than 1/4 mile for at least 3 hours.

We shall see what momma nature has in store for us.

6 Likes

Ain’t no worse than last month… 5 feet of snow in 4 days here :joy:

5 Likes

Much better you then me :laughing:

5 Likes

Calling for 10 to 16 here in PA. We will see what really hits.

6 Likes

Yep not looking forward to it! I just got back from Maryland and the roads had just started getting bad. It sucks being a bread person and trying to get your product in the store with this kind of weather. I slept for 3 hours today when I got off work and got ready and delivered all my product tonight! Woohoo! Now I can relax a little!

9 Likes

Ok not bad at all yet. 4:30 AM got up to feed the woodstove and figured I would share the first picture while I was up.

15 Likes

Dangerous, but beautiful. The sparkling clean snow, crisp clean scent in the air, and that silence that can only be heard with snow.

Really hoping everyone stays safe and warm!

8 Likes

Here’s one. I sent this to a friend in the UK awhile back after he sent me a Mathmos Jet lava lamp. It was yellow. haaaa… “I swam across, I jumped across for youuuu.” So romantic :heart_eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY

4 Likes

Now you remember what happened the last time you started sharing pics of your snow covered wonderland right? THEY MULTIPLIED! :smiley:

5 Likes

Just a light dusting where I am. Stay safe everyone…You should feel right at home Santa…:laughing:

5 Likes

And so it shalll multiply again :laughing:
But I am sure it will be more like :rage: once I have to move it all.

7:00 AM and it is putting it down fast. Everyone north of us please stay safe out there I know you are getting way more than we are.

4 Likes

Well it looks to be about over for now here.

Many of you may remember this pic from back in January 2016

Looks like we dodged the bullet on this one unlike last January when we were at the center of the worst of the storm.

Heading out now to start digging out form this one. I will post a few pic’s later and hopefully some others will jump in with some pic’s of there snow.

Everyone please be safe, take it slow and easy as you shovel out. SNOW KILLS people every year when they over do it.

Catch everyone later today.

5 Likes

It got quiet here for now…expecting more in a few hours. Kind of eerie how calm it is right now.

5 Likes