Blizzard of 2017

We got maybe six to eight inches. Luckily apartment complex got their budget together and everything is clear now. No plans to go anywhere just to mix and keep warm.

5 Likes

Nice new pic beaut :+1::smiley:

3 Likes

That is actually a selfie of him.

4 Likes

Always knew he’d be an attractive bloke :laughing:

4 Likes

He needs some dental work done asap

4 Likes

We got around 15inches, near the lake, in Kenosha. Lake effect snow dropped around 12 extra inches here, just a couple miles west they got around 3 inches.

3 Likes

wow that is nuts

1 Like

Outside of what month it is this is pretty normal around here. I was out shoveling in my boots, shorts, long sleeve shirt and hat.

Two days ago there was no snow on the ground at all.

3 Likes

It is crazy. Last week there was one day it reached 68 degrees. Then this storm. We were put in a state of emergency expecting 10-18 inches. I don’t think we broke 5. lol

4 Likes

Weather Channel has to sell advertising for Swiffer Wet Jets, New Washing Machines and Ford Vehicles.

3 Likes

I hate the Swifter commercials with the doorbell. My pom goes absolutely ape shit when she hears the doorbell.

2 Likes

Here in Pittsburgh we didn’t really get what the Wise meteorological people said we would but I bet the stores are very happy as the news showed all the empty shelves,AGAIN,lol. I think it’s a conspiracy. I just want winter over. :rage:

4 Likes

Yea, that 84 degrees here in Vegas is BRUTAL!

2 Likes

There is a very prompt as soon as I saw this, not so quietly go fuck yourself!!!

LMFAO!!! No seriously it is cold as fuck here.

2 Likes

Please be safe everyone. If I could send you some of the 90 degree (+) weather I’m having on the opposite coast, I would.

1 Like

Our storm total ended up right at 12 inches just as they predicted.

Step 1 dig out the 4x4 just in case we have to get out for some reason

As soon as I went out to plow the driveway the wind picked up and it was brutal doing the plowing. I have a truck mounted snow plow but the lift pump needs to be re-built so it was the farm tractor and scraper blade once again for this one. By the time I got it done I came in and got a bite to eat and laid down to recuperate. Here is a shot of our driveway from down at the end of it.

6 Likes

Its 14 degrees this morning. Dammit. Be gone with the snow!

2 Likes

1 week ago when it started on the west coast I was driving home. Here is a pic of us leaving the coast driving into the mountains headed toward the east coast well day 1 of 6 days it took us.

snow on the beach wish I could of snapped a better pic.

8 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

I feel the same way now that we have finally had a measurable snowfall. We have had a few dusting’s but this is the first time the ground has been totally covered in white.

This winter our weather has been more like spring then winter. I have lived here for more than 20 years now and this has been the mildest and driest winter we have had in that time.

During the last 2 weeks of February we were in the 50’s & 60’s during the day and high 30’s to low 40’s overnight. Some very strange weather for this area.

Today it is 16 degrees right now with 1 to 3 inches of snow possible and the 7 day forecast looks much more normal for this area.

2 Likes