Brand Abbreviation List (in progress)

Anybody mention Medicine Flower? I didn’t see it up top.

10 Likes

D’oh! D’oh! D’oh!

Again. Like I said… Forgetting “the obvious” ones… /sigh

Thank you!

7 Likes

I’m not sure if this is relevant but Dark Arts has been confirmed to relabel Flavour Art. I’ll go find the thread if need be.

5 Likes

If you could please, it’d be appreciated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great work, @Sprkslfly :+1:

I can’t see a mention of Botanic Elixir ( Vapour Depot’s MF dilutions). I’ve been writing the name out in full, in my stash, but would, ofc, prefer to abbreviate to BE, if that convention could only be established.

4 Likes

Obviously this isn’t a complete guide to how to enter Flavours in your stash. We still have stuff like:

VW - Vape Wild
VW - vapor world
with no clue how to discriminate between them. That said, I do get that this is a work in progress.

But supposing the question re. full and proper syntax is gonna be adressed at some point, the following notes on NF syntax mght prove useful:

4 Likes

I think Great Lakes Flavour Company should be GLF as there name is Great Lakes Flavour company

5 Likes

Post #20
DarkArts

5 Likes

Curious if there is a way you can globally change the previously correctly named brands to the current preferred one. For example, i listed (Inawera) which was the correct prior listing and now id have to delete them all and reenter as (Ina) unless i am not seeing a way to edit. When i say globally i mean the DB so everyone’s is changed

4 Likes

I don’t have that ability unfortunately.
I’m still waiting on Daath to give me a Yea or Nay on further abilities with respect to the database. (Ken and Jojo have deeper access, unfortunately it’s been hard to catch them for quite some time now.)

I do relevant merges as I see (get to) them though.

I’m leaning more towards spelling the name out where Ina goes at this point though… so don’t worry too much :wink:

The more I see, the more that I think only certain abbreviations should be kept. BUT that’s just MY opinion, and it’ll have to go a lot further before there’s anything concrete to say on that subject I believe!

6 Likes

just thinking it would save both all members and yourself hell lot of time. I know shouldve done my part in changing that a while ago but had the feeling it would be done that way

5 Likes

since we, most of us, are used to spelling it out, that might be more desirable. whisper/ my thought would have been INW tho :grin:

8 Likes

How about Solub Arome? What should their abbreviation be?

Thanks!

6 Likes

My personal suggestion would be either the full name, or Solub (as I’m not aware of anything until yet that’s “competing with” Solub, name-wise.)

Thank you for asking!

(FYI, there’s at least a couple that are competing for “SA” though, so that’s “out”, across the board)

5 Likes

Glad you asked, I have my first flavor from them to test. I’ll go back and see how I entered it.

6 Likes

List updated again.

There’s still some notes and things that I would like to mention. But for the moment, I need to step away!

BTW!!! This list is primarily to help DECODE the current state of things (not to reinforce the acronyms in current use)!!! I’m still trying to help sort out the best way to unravel this mess going forward. :wink:

All the best,
Rob

10 Likes

Hey Letitia! Sorry I haven’t been online much lately. Let me know what you think about them, I’m so curious.

4 Likes

I got the lemon meringue. Seems I’m a junkie for anything with both lemon & meringue. I’ll let you know how it is.

4 Likes

Another manufacturer, unknown to me, that I just ran across in a new users recipe. I don’t see them on the list here so not sure how you wish to proceed.
Monkeynaut

6 Likes

Appreciate the intended heads up (as well as the link)! I’ve been aware of the entries for sometime now, and given I’ve always seen them spelled out (at least to the best of my recollection), they’ve been a very “low level” consideration (so far). :wink:

I’m actually quite appreciative that they’re spelled out, as it saves confusion, as well as correction (other than the occasional misspellings that I’ve run across and merged in them)!

/general update

In other news:

I went through ALL of the current (Juice Factory) entries, and cross checked with the manufacturer site. I’ve added quite a few that were missing, corrected a horde of entries (in the base naming format: “(SC) (Juice Factory)” ), and adjusted the ‘Gourmet’ identifier.

Allow me to start by saying I’m very much aware of the fact that the manufacturer’s site uses the format of “Gourmet flavor Super Concentrate”. :laughing:
But since we have already used (SC) to ID ‘Super Concentrate’ for years now, and so very few even bothered to list the fact that a concentrate was a gourmet variation (where no other variation exists)… I thought it would be better to instill the adjustment early, rather than fight so much backlash later, while streamlining the organization and layout now! (Yes, I’m “trying again”, but this time BEFORE it’s ingrained!)

Currently, the Gourmet flavors are listed using the following format:
Flavor (Gourmet SC) (Juice Factory)

AGAIN, THIS CAN BE ADJUSTED (fixed) LATER (if need be)!!! But, it definitely helps keep things easier to find (and more organized in the stash).

On another note…

A HUGE shout out to @daath for fixing my screw up with merging TPA Graham Cracker into TPA Graham Cracker (clear)!! You’re a life saver man! I can’t thank you enough!
In addition, when I inquired about the missing “expand all notes” button that used to be on the flavor stash page (which he acknowledged was a resource hog on the database)… He VERY KINDLY added the new “search flavor notes” function that some of you may have already noticed!!
I’ve already found it super useful, and I think it will be well received and appreciated by many of you as well!

That’s all for now,
Thanks again for your time!
Rob

11 Likes