Bull City Flavors Giveaway! (Ended)

Supposedly it is, at least from what I read on Google :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Believe it or not, I have never had Indian food…don’t know why…no reason really…probably because I don’t like spicy food and I imagine it is probably really spicy!

1 Like

Oh! and the first time I had authentic Mexican food, I was hooked. IRMA’s in Downtown Houston near the Astrodome. Lets not forget Del Sol and many more.

Not all of it. Though I think if you liked cury, that would help, but they don’t put it in every thing. My very favorite is their flat bread called Naan.

4 Likes

Banana pudding my dad used to make. Incredible. The wifey tries… but it’s not the same.

5 Likes

My mother used to make good traditional banana pudding

3 Likes

My wife makes a great banana cream pudding

3 Likes

I’d like to formulate some Watermelon Taffe

2 Likes

I’m not good at it but I’m also trying to make a chocolate malt, and its pretty good, but I need to see how it holds up in a year I may publish it (doubtful).

2 Likes

This will sound boring to many but STRAWBERRY is my wifes favorite juice, now I’m experimenting with Salt Strawberry, and Salt Blends.

1 Like

kolaches!!! Oh how I miss my favorite kolache placel. Any body from Texas should know what a kolache is. I make home made ones and they are good, but I cant get the dough rite. I am close, very close. Know there are a lot of different recipes for the dough, but the one I am trying to get right is a light, fluffy, slightly sweet, bread like dough. Anybody out there that has a good recipe, I would love to have it.

4 Likes

Sausage Kolache

Texas-style homemade sausage kolache are a savory twist on the classic Czech breakfast pastry.

Ingredients
For the dough:
1 package (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
1/4 cup water, warmed to 110-115F
1 cup milk, warmed to 110-115F
4 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled to warm
2 large eggs
5/8 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
4 3/4 - 5 1/2 cups flour

For the filling:
Grated cheddar, optional
Fresh jalapeno slices, optional
Smoked sausage, cut into 3-4 inch pieces and halved lengthwise if very thick
Instructions
Sprinkle the yeast over warm water in the bowl of your stand mixer. Let proof for 5 minutes, until foamy/creamy.
Turn the mixer to low and add the milk, melted butter, 2 eggs, sugar, and salt until mixed thoroughly.
Add the flour in two batches (start with the low amount) and mix only until just combined. The dough will be tacky but should be firm enough to crawl up the dough hook. Add additional flour as necessary.
Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 1-2 hours, until dough has doubled.
Punch down and refrigerate covered overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Divide dough into ~2.5 inch balls (I weighed mine at 2.5 oz each) and set on a lined baking sheet.
Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
Flatten each dough ball and top with a couple slices of jalapeno and pinch of grated cheddar (if using) and place the sausage on top.
Wrap the dough around the fillings, pinching the edges together and placing seam-side down on the baking sheet.

Cover and let rest for 20 minutes, while preheating oven to 375.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, until browned.
Let the kolache cool for 20 minutes and serve.

Leftovers will keep tightly wrapped in the fridge for 3-4 days and can also be frozen.
Notes
Yields: ~15 large kolache

9 Likes

Sorry… derailed.

Back to the giveaway folks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For me it would be my Mom’s peanut butter cookies. A mix of INW Biscuit and INW Peanuts comes close…but, of course, the juice doesn’t have that “Mom” goodness.

2 Likes

Thanks for the contest! Back when I first started vaping, and quit smoking, there was a flavor that I couldn’t get enough of. It was Mrs. T’s Snickerdoodle Cookie. I haven’t tried it in many years. I wonder if it would still be as enjoyable.

1 Like

Congrats @DarkJester89! You are the lucky winner of the Giveaway. :raised_hands: Winning post was #17. Thanks to everyone that entered, I really loved your answers, and everyone’s unique perspective of nostalgic flavors.

5 Likes

just saw this in my elr summary. wish I could make a juice that really tasted like my Mom’s Berry pie. thanks. I am very poor so I hope I win it. Good Luck to all.

1 Like

Congrats @DarkJester89, thank you for hosting @Silhouette and thanks out to @BullCityFlavors.

5 Likes

Congratulations @DarkJester89 :raised_hands:
Thank You @Silhouette for your generosity :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Woop Woop!! @DarkJester89 takes the win!
Congrats!!

Thank you @Silhouette and @BullCityFlavors for the kindness!

5 Likes

oh my goodness, :flushed: thanks for the opportunity!

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone who participated! I actually really enjoyed this, and even though I couldn’t respond to your posts (didn’t want to enter myself into the #s) I really liked all of the input. I am going to try and do this more often, just as a thank you to our community here. So I look forward to more of these, I hope you do too!

A big Thank You to @BullCityFlavors and WllmC for providing the Gift Certificate. Y’all are appreciated! :hugs:

9 Likes