Butterscotch only Vape?

I have to agree. The LA Butterscotch is strong. Really strong. I love it. I only use it where that flavor is dominant, otherwise I use TFA for background flavoring.

4 Likes

you mean LA butter rum right ? And yes a light mixer it will Destroy a mix in a hot minute if too high!

I have it at 2% on the FW butterscotch and really because of the cream content in that mix I think it can blend with those flavors. It may end up coming down to 1.50 ish if proves overtime to be too prominent but as for the " roughness " I used 1 drop vape wizard to cut that and it worked beautifully.

4 Likes

Dang it! Yes, I meant Butte rum. Itā€™s Lifesavers gone nuclear.

4 Likes

I got one Iā€™m gonna try on my next mix sessionā€¦

Butterscotch Cheescake Gmix

Ingredient %
Butter Rum (LA) 2
Butterscotch (Flavorah) 4
Cheesecake (LA) 5
Graham Cracker (CAP) 3
Rum (INAWERA) 0.5

Flavor total: 14.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

I began the mission long ago to find the perfect butterscotch, only to be disappointed as many times as I was elatedā€¦to each flavor of butterscotch I would find notes of flavor from my childhood along with the undeniable feeling that something was still missingā€¦
Though each company seems to embrace their very own definition of butterscotch, no one company seemed to deliver my definition of butterscotchā€¦so I thought, why not put them all in the same bottle? So I didā€¦and so far, its the closest ive come yetā€¦

The Butterscotch Grail

Ingredient %
Butterscotch (FA) 3
Butterscotch (Flavorah) 3
Butterscotch (FW) 3
Butterscotch (LA) 3
Butterscotch (TPA) 3

Flavor total: 15%

i mixed it on 9.17.15 and opened it tonight and i must say, its pretty butterscotchyā€¦

6 Likes

interesting!!! But that LA butternut donā€™t play well with others it likes to steal the showā€¦you may consider dropping it for a back note in the 0.75% range. Although the mix looks yummy, and I feel that the FLV butterscotch was a wee weak to me even at 5% just my take on it. But could have to do with the flavors I paired it with.

3 Likes

and i will definitely follow the lead of butter rum probably playing a role in the equationā€¦i ordered some todayā€¦cant wait to add some to thatā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Iā€™ll just drop it from the mix. I read it was more Vanilla than Butternut. Whatā€™s your thought on that?

3 Likes

Awaiting my shipment from ECXā€¦:pensive: then I can play follow the leaders; all looks good though. Thanks for blazing the way! :wink:

6 Likes

Sorry was doing some studying ( work related :frowning:) I donā€™t think itā€™s more vanilla I get a butternut with a Madagascar like vanilla. Heavier on the butternut.

@Whiterose0818 I do that with watermelons because I want a particular taste/scent ratio and your right sometimes just one or two flavors doesnā€™t cut it. So I make a base and use that. I love that you can make flavor bases on elr I have quite a few of them. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

The clear winner for me is FW butter Rum. Totally lifesavers! 15% works nicely if you are looking for the same strength that most commercial vapes are like. Maybe 12% will work too. If you are in the school of 5% total flavor works, try less. I taste almost nothing with FW butterscotch at 7% so I didnā€™t even explore using less. This is the perfect single flavor for butter rum, no need to add stuff to it if you want that lifesavers experience.

Edit: FW Butter Rum my recommended single mix 10%-15%. 15% for high VG and Max flavor.

Lorannā€™s Butter Rum is loaded with spices. Mostly nutmeg and clove, and tons of alcohol base. If that sounds good to you give it a try as well. Iā€™m not a fan of clove. Also mixes very cloudy.

7 Likes

Yeah, I totally forgot to put that in my basket before I hit the buy button with ECX; canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve done thatā€¦forget to add a flavor that I really need to make a recipe until after Iā€™ve hit the buy button!:rage: Oh well, next time.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just ordered Cinnamon Red hot FW all by itself because I forgot to order it and I need it for a clone Iā€™m working on. Know it all too well.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s not like I could possibly write it down on a piece of paper or anything! :smirk:

2 Likes

I just went through that with butter cream this weekā€¦ but I was sure to order two different toasted almondsā€¦ dumbassā€¦lol

5 Likes

I did that with FA Honey not long agoā€¦x3ā€¦sheesh! :confounded:

1 Like

my butter rum FW came in yesterday, plus i picked up a bottle of butterscotch from hangsenā€¦i will be redoing the Butterscotch Grail todayā€¦that puts me at 6 different butterscotch flavors and i also have the butter rumā€¦i will probably drop the percentages of the strong ones to 2%, like Flavorah, LA, and the FA, leave the rest at 3%ā€¦anybody know how the Hangsen is as far as concentration? how does it compare? should i add it at 2% or 3%? and the butter rum FW, how does that fare? how strong is that? ive not used it, so i dont know anything about itā€¦
i could very much just try different recipes and percentages, but some of you guys might be able to offer some input and simplify and expedite this processā€¦

2 Likes

What about honey @Jimk? I donā€™t own that many LA flavors either but their Clover honey is spot on as well! I never liked honey in my vape when I used to buy vendor juices, until I bought the clover. Besides the fact I can not tell you why I bought it, it is one of the greatest additions to some of my mixes and possibly tobaccos?

1 Like

One on One has a Butterscotch. I made 50ml of single flavor on the 23rd of this month. Itā€™s not too bad. But it lacks that rich creaminess. I think I will add some TFA Caramel Candy and a touch of Vienna Cream or another cream to it and see how it does.

1 Like

A couple weeks ago I re-released one of my early recipes called Butter Rum Candy:

Butter Rum Candy

Ingredient %
Butter Rum (LA) 7
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 2

Flavor total: 9%

3 Likes