Butterscotch only Vape?

After searching all the recipes on this site and others, I have not seen a tried and true all butterscotch Vape. I’ve tried mixing FA, TFA and FW butterscotch at anywhere from 3% to 15%. After tasting them daily for a full month none of them taste like a full bodied butterscotch. 28 Days Vape’s “Dreamer” is amazing. It tastes like butterscotch, and nothing else. I would love to know how they do it. :wink:

Anyone have a recipe for a butterscotch that tastes like… Butterscotch? I’m not interested in a custard butterscotch or any other butterscotch mix. That being said, maybe there a subtle flavor that needs to be added to bring out a more butterscotch flavor?

Please no speculation, real world experience only please. There are thousands of people’s ideas. As we know, they don’t mean anything until they have been tried.

5 Likes

FW has the best I’ve vaped. I’m about to try Sovereign and IDE; time will tell. ; )

1 Like

ORLY? Added to the list. :smile:

1 Like

I’ve not made it myself but plenty of people have reported that Perpetua’s Butterscotch Bliss is delicious:

FA Butterscotch 12%
TPA Original Caramel 8%
FW Bavarian Cream 3%
TPA Dulce de Leche 1%
Sweetener 1%

5 Likes

I can tell you, the IDE flavoring smells and tastes like a true butterscotch. After steeping a batch, I’ll let you know.

3 Likes

That is an absolutely crazy amount of Butterscotch (FA) :open_mouth: Avg. mixing % is 3.1 (median 1.1%) - single flavor recommendation avg is 6.8% (5% median)… I’m sure you can safely lower it without compromising taste :smiley:

7 Likes

It’s certainly an unusual amount for a FlavourArt concentrate but Perpetua (a mod on the AAEC forum and a 5-year vaper) knows her stuff.

(Perp’s alternative recipe uses Cupcake World Butterscotch at 30%!)

Thanks for the feedback. So far FW at 7% has the most true butterscotch flavor. More than TFA at 12% and more than FA at 5%. These numbers are based on researching the single flavor percentages for these flavors. FW has acetone but it doesn’t smell bad at all. Strange since I can smell those bad chemicals a mile away.

2 Likes

Acetoin :slight_smile: Acetone is an entirely different beast :smiley:

5 Likes

Geez…I read acetone and fell off my bed. Scare a guy why don’t ya.

3 Likes

Might want to be careful talking about “butterscotch”.
Re: http://dessertreport.com/article/butter-rum-life-savers

Bought the TPA version of Butterscotch and was disappointed. Could not taste the flavor as a candy I remembered in my younger days.
The above article kind of clears up my thinking on this. My take is, butter rum may be closer to the candy taste I’m looking for (Lifesavers “Butter Rum”).

Same question as Miscman.

4 Likes

You might experiment with FW butterscotch and Inawera rum (not Jamaican rum, just plain rum); research Cap butter or butter cream, as this may be the buttery quality for which you are looking. My thoughts are to use a combo of flavors rather than using a premade “butter rum” flavoring; you can tweak as desired, if a flavor needs more or less attention.:wink:

I agree that TFA butterscotch is poopy. :poop:

3 Likes

Well here I come getting in on this:
I too seek the butterscotch holy grail… I put a coupla mixes together on 9.17.15, they are still steeping and i am hoping one of them brings it home to the promised land, cause I absolutely LOVE butterscotch… It’s definitely an underrated flavor that needs more exposure…
So I tell ya’ll what…if anyone one out there figured it out, please post it, tag me, make it available and I shall do the same…deal?

7 Likes

I’ve been working with Lorann Super Butterscotch for 5 months. I bought LA on a recommendation. I’ve used it in 8 or 10 mixes to no avail. I to would love to find that Holy Grail. I do think that JimK has it right. I’m looking forward to seeing this thread progress.

4 Likes

I want in on this action too :smile: I have tried FW, FLV butterscotch added some different creams can’t say they were butter creams I have a few of those, But LA makes a damn fine and strong I may add Butter rum. Hmmm, I may do a run with it at lower percentages. I’d be interested in seeing y’all’s thoughts on your mixes when steeped.

4 Likes

I’ve done some research in other forums as of late and found where folks do say the LA butter rum is really spot on. I’ve never tried any LA flavors myself…the butter rum may be the first one I try! I do want to try the Cap butter and butter cream as well; could come in handy to soothe some of the stout tobacco flavors I have in my stash.:wink:

3 Likes

It does have a strong strong rum taste to it, I tend to mix with it on the lighter side, It has warnings against it as well being it has Butter in the name in all. Try it out , I like it.

3 Likes

Ah I never thought of Butter Rum Flavor! I just ordered Lorann’s and Flavor West’s versions. This could be the answer. I’m not too keen on trying to replicate Butter Rum by mixing a Butterscotch, Rum and butter. The process of making butter rum is by cooking them together to make a new flavor. Mearly mixing these together is not a good option. If these butter rum flavors are good I’d be thrilled. No muss, no fuss.

The only all butterscotch vape I’ve ever had was Dreamer by 28 Days vapor. It’s my favorite vape by far. I can tell they are not using TFA or FA butterscotch. Might be Flavor West. Anyone else know of a tasty commercial all butterscotch vape? (No custard please, my brain can’t process it, tastes like chemicals thanks to quitting smoking).

2 Likes

If you can let us know how the two flavors work out, I’d be interested to know. Close to Lifesaver’s “Butter Rum” flavor would be good to know. With this info, other alternative mixing possibilities may get folks closer to their perceived Butter Rum/Butterscotch taste goal.

4 Likes

Yes, a typo on my part.

1 Like