Buy kit or everything separately?

Never mixed before, should I buy a kit (if so which one) or just order everything separately? Where are the best places to buy certain supplies? Saw somewhere on here that someone suggested starting with Wizard Labs and had a short list of supplies, but also said that they carried TPA which they don’t (maybe they meant TFA which they carry). Sorry if this info is a rehash, I am old school and not that tech savvy. Thank you

3 Likes

Before you read this please keep in mind I’m a newb to. But the best way from what I understand is to buy everything separately. Get the scale (American Weigh Scales LB-501 Digital Kitchen Scale ) from amazon, the nicotine vg/pg from your place of choice (Wizard labs, myfreedomsmokes.com, Nude Nicotine, Liquid barn etc etc… For flavors Bullcityflavors seems to be a favorite. Be sure to check out the thread:

9 Likes

TPA and TFA are the same :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I shop a lot from Wizard labs, however, their nicotine is very harsh. I would recommend Nude Nicotine. You can consider buying the pre-mixed nicotine and VG at the percentage you like. Mixing nicotine is dangerous, so learn how to do it safely or buy the premix (easier to use).

1 Like

You will find several good vendors to get supplies , here is a few of my favorites if you are in the states.
Nicotine River
Bull City Flavors
Gremlin DIY
Ecigexpress
I also have to include Real Flavors for the flavors they sale but they don’t carry much in the way of supplies.It is hard finding a one stop shop to buy everything but Nicotine River is about as close as you will come and they are great people to buy from and quick to respond to any question you have.

3 Likes

Good question, I thought the same when I started mixing to be honest and I ended up buying everything separately. I always mix by weight so a set of scales from Amazon / eBay that go down to 0.01g is ideal. I bought a set of glass beakers at the same time in different sizes but I find myself using the 50ml beaker the most. I also bought a bag of 100 sterile pipettes - personally I like to have one pipette per flavour, one for nicotine, one for PG, one for VG etc, then dispose of them after mixing to keep things as hygienic as possible, avoid cross-contamination, and save time cleaning. For flavours, VG & PG; I spent a long time searching for the best prices and found that Darkstar have a very good reputation and seem much cheaper than other websites with a huge range. I bought mostly TFA branded flavours and my advice is to scroll through everything and see what takes your fancy!

4 Likes

i bought a kit when i started and it was helpful , but i had no clue about ELR so i had no help , imo id buy everything separate

VG gallon $13.99
pg gt $5ish
nicotine 100mg 250ml $20

flavors this was my problem with the kit i could only select 10 so soon after i was searching for more flaves so do your research and figure out what you want to vape nicotine river has a top 10 from each manufacturer that may help

then you have things like flasks and scales

i think if you budget yourself 100$ and shop smart you could build your own kit and get a lot more just my opinion

5 Likes

I bought everything separate.
Scales from Amazon
Flavors, PG, VG from Bull City
Nic from Nicotine River
$98 total and was able to mix quite a bit of stuff.

Until you know what you really like start with the 10ml bottles of flavoring.

4 Likes

I’d recommend getting things separately. Kits seem handy, but they might also come with things you’ll never use (beakers, cylinders, stirring rods), things you’ll need more of (bottles), and not enough things (pg/vg/nic). I reckon the first thing to decide is if you are want to mix by weight (scale-virtually no clean up after mixing), or volume (a whole lot of syringes to clean after mixing). I got my scale, syringes, and plastic bottles from Amazon and, although I get my flavors, pg and vg from Bull City Vapor, and nicotine from another vendor, it looks like Nicotine River is a good one stop shop for your initial purchase.

4 Likes

Hi,

I too have just started mixing and bought a kit and wish I hadn’t. So buy separately bud

4 Likes

Thanks everyone, it is very much appreciated!

1 Like

Depends, short answer:
If you have not much time and have adequate funds, kit might be the way to go. Conversely, individual piece meal if you can cut shipping charges down.
Funds no problem: Two scales, or one with syringe back up.

Just dont buy your kit from Nude Nicotine!! They’ve been screwing me around from a month, they only sent me my 6 flavors, nicotine, and VG/PG. They forgot to pack the rest of it, they’ve been ignoring my emails for 2 weeks AND it took them 14 days to pack the first shipment. I was really impressed with their site and reviews of their products but they don’t treat their customers with any priority’s.

what have you decided to do

This might be helpful for you!

1 Like

If only you guys had a kit with a scale… :wink:

1 Like

Oh my trust me my friend we tried! No one can keep up with Amazon’s pricing though haha really no point in trying!

2 Likes

May I suggest that you include in the kit, or at least stock the following flavors:

An “Economical” First Order

This will go over an order which will make a fair number of recipes with the least number of flavors to purchase.

These 18 flavors:

Banana Cream (LA)
Bavarian Cream (TPA)
Biscuit (Inawera)
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (Cap)
Dragonfruit (TPA)
Ethyl Maltol 10%
French Vanilla (Cap)
Joy (FA)
Meringue (FA)
New York Cheesecake (Cap)
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
Strawberry (TPA)
Sugar Cookie (Cap)
Sweet Cream (TPA)
Vanilla Custard (TPA)
Vanilla Custard v1 (Cap)
Vanilla Swirl (TPA)

From the thread:

3 Likes

Actually I owe you an apology, it seems you do stock the flavors, they’re just not options in the diy kit for whatever reason. Perhaps that would be an easy change to make? :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are working on selling LorAnn in the near future. In regards to Inawera we do not carry those on our DIY Kit due to the products high cost. Inawera’s pricing would interfere with our DIY Kit staying at a set price of $49.99.

Everything else listed is on that DIY Kit drop down list! :slight_smile:

2 Likes