Buyers Beware

When i deal with anyone Re paypal i take screen shots of all communication. Helps with any disputes later down the line. :+1:

2 Likes

That’s what I did with Efun. They kept responding from different tickets that I didn’t open. I made sure PP knew it and that I had screenshots for all the tickets by response dates.

4 Likes

gearbest closed tickets when they wanted to without a resolution… I screen shot everything… if they want it to disappear it will…

2 Likes

At least they didn’t pul that one, it is one and the same ticket and I do have a copy of it on my pc just in case.

2 Likes

I got a response from them on my ticket today, telling me I pay the shipping costs and they will refund or exchange but it is already a claim now at Paypal so I don’t know what to do. I think their time to settle with me personally has passed, or am I wrong?

2 Likes

I’d say unless they refund you 100% and send you a shipping label, their time has passed. Refund sans shipping may have worked if they did something about this on day 1, but it sounds like this has been an ordeal.

I tell you what, I’ll never order from efun.top or gearbest for any reason. Too many horror stories. I’m sure Fasttech has theirs as well, but they seem like they at least try to make things right when they screw up.

So sorry you’ve had this headache. :confused: Stupid people and their bad customer service.

4 Likes

They are fully aware that Paypal is handling it now and what I asked for on the 24th of november, after they offered to replace it, was an address to send it to. I never got a reply (until today) so I let Paypal deal with it. The address is still not included in their answer. I know from dealing with Fasttech that they have a specific return address you have to use. I think they are just scrambling now to look good. I’ve been jerked around by them since oktober so, too little, too late :imp:

4 Likes

If it were me I would let pay pal deal with them. They know and they also know PayPal is going to resolve this matter simply because they have the power to do it there way period. PayPal can and will just take the money from them if they refuse to do the right thing.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m doing. They haven’t offered me anything new and I suspect they’ve only done so again to get me to drop the claim and handle this myself. I’ve already done that without result. Fool me once…

3 Likes

Some news from reddit:

Asmodus Warranty Center News, Please Read!

Hello Vaping Community, I would like to clarify some information I’ve been viewing on your forums so please pass this information along

Asmodus no longer offers warranty services to the following companies listed here. http://www.asmodus.com/Warranty-Information-s/1513.htm[1] (List will be updated with new sellers if necessary)

The reason behind this is we cannot verify the authenticity of their Snow Wolf and Sigelei devices. We do not know the origin of their units and with the massive influx of broken devices from these companies we cannot warranty their products any longer. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for the consumers. We recommend getting your vaping products from a trusted source. We at Asmodus Will always be here to assist you with your products as we provide a 3 month warranty for Sigelei’s new TC devices as well as a 1 Month Manufacturer Warranty for the Snow Wolf .

Please note that the warranty only covers manufacturer defects. Tampering with the device, user error or removing the warranty stickers on the device will void your warranty. We will always be here to assist you no matter the problem, Please call us directly at 562-408-0888 if you have any issues or talk to us on our live chat on Asmodus.com One of our representatives will assist you in a timely manner. Our normal hours are 10am-5:00pm PST

We understand the Consumer will be affected the most with our new policy. So I would like to stress that anyone with a purchase date between Nov. 10th, 2015 - Dec 11th, 2015 will still be eligible for warranty assistance on their Snow Wolf devices. Any purchase date after that period will be Voided and sent back without Warranty at the consumers expense. As for Sigelei, since we only help sigelei with warranty we cannot offer that for their devices, All Sigelei devices from those companies will be sent back at consumers expense without service.

Adam Asmodus Head Technician

Comment from VapeNW:

VapeNWcom 18 points an hour ago

This is not true at all. We bought directly from Asmodus. The problem was that they were unhappy that we sold below the MSRP. We were running a special coupon code and thought we had turned it off and lowered the price. We then got a call from someone at Asmodus (will not call him out by name) he yelled and got upset and the next day we were on the list.

We still take back Snow Wolf’s within 30 days as per our policy.

The statement above about not being able to verify the authenticity is not True as we do have units with Asmodus serial numbers in a defective bin right now.

Reddit thread link: Link

1 Like

Asmodus are apparently assholes. In Denmark this form of operation is illegal (though not at all uncommon - especially in the furniture industry).

4 Likes

I does seem as they are, their replies should steer anyone away from future purchases. Im trying to think back but i believe that there was some other drama like this with them, perhaps last year.

2 Likes

More shenanigans. I’ve made it clear to them that Paypal is dealing with it now, and I’m sure they know that without me telling them and this is the next reply that I’ve got;

Dear Josephine,
We are very sorry to reply you so late.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you please close case and then we will supply RAM number for your returning.
If you do not close case,we cannot apply.
We appreciate your understanding.
Then we will give you returning address together.
Thank you for your patience.

Yah, right! :rage:

4 Likes

They must think you’re BooBoo the fool. Once it’s closed they’re off the hook. You have nothing to lose at this point. I’ll take my chances with PP. If exGeabest were going to make it right they would have done it by now.

5 Likes

What PV said. Looks like they need to learn the hard way that they can’t jack their customers around. Welcome to the information age…everyone’s gonna know about it. Step up your game or step out of the way, GB.

5 Likes

It’s a damn shame that they don’t realize how much business they stand to lose by screwing over their customers. I’ve never ordered from them before and seeing this SH%T I never will. I wish there was a International BBB or a Vapers BBB so their business could be affected worldwide.

5 Likes

My thought exactly, I didn’t even bother to answer to this one anymore, I’m done with this :hankey:

3 Likes

I am so glad I have never ordered from them and rest assured I never will.

UNBELIEVABLE

Trust me they know PayPal has access to there money and will do the right thing.

Not sure this is the right place for this but it was refreshing to see that at least 1 Chinese company is doing the right thing by there customers. I know PBusardo videos are long and boring sometimes but in the very first part of this he tells about how Innokin had an issue with a device and they did the right thing by sort of recalling the device and trying to make things right.

I purchased one of the FIRST RUN IPV4 mods and trust me Pioneer 4 You knew from day one they had issues with that device and they did absolutely nothing to even attempt to make anything right. It was not just the mirror screen issue there were issues with TC working correctly with nickel wire and the problem was even worse when I did the update and tried Ti wire. They also had issues with the charging board shorting out as well. Yes they fixed the issues in later models but they did not offer to fix the bad ones therefore they will never see another dime of my money.

If as a community we joined forces and boycotted all sellers and manufactures that DO NOT DO RIGHT by there customers China would wake up and realize that world wide us vapors are not going to put up with there underhanded tactics.

China is bringing this vaping stuff out way to quick and they are not doing enough REAL WORLD testing of there products before releasing them for sale. The other issue is when they do find a flaw they do not try to fix the bad ones already out there in the end users hands.

Customer service and satisfaction is a thing of the past for the most part nowadays.

4 Likes

Since this topic has been revived, I’d like to share a scam I got caught up in. Luckily I was a able to recoup my money, but hundreds if not thousands of people got caught up in this scam from a vendor in China. It seems as though Paypal and Facebook is involved in this scam because the vendor is still advertising and Paypal is still collecting money for this thief. It’ll make you rethink if Paypal really has your back. There are 132 pages of complaints for this vendor and most cases were in favor of the vendor.

This is a very long read, but it’ll only take a minute to see enough to make you weary about ordering from China.

4 Likes

I’m bumping this thread because I still think this is a very good topic and should be amended for the security of the ELR Community shoppers. We really need a database for safe and unsafe shopping sites for our members.

Please share your +/- shopping experiences for peace of mind for our members

12 Likes