Can someone please tell me if I'm missing out not vaping at higher watts and temps?

Interesting that it’s not too hot tyvm!

I was interested in that. After months of searching I couldn’t find a direct conversion tool or formula. There is a series of calculations you can do, but I don’t think its worth it.

1 Like

You’re very welcome. Read some of the stuff here on temp control. Some like it. Some don’t. I think it’s da bomb!

1 Like

Got interested, and I bored so I tried the calculations out. Based on a 4 second pull I came up with 73 watts give or take.

What @TheTinMan1 said!!

Im getting awesome flavor & quite a respectable cloud out of my Merlin mini at 25w with a .30 ss build in it…

3 Likes

It’s interesting to look at the last puff stats. My last puff used 31mah, Ended at 36.8 watts, was 3 seconds long. Peak temp was 431 and avg temp was 410. That was right after a squonk, so my coils were a tiny bit flooded hence the 410 avg. Beginning of the puff or ramp up wattage was 70 watts and obviously over shot the temp setting by 6 deg F. Pretty damn accurate all in all.

1 Like

Ikr?? That’s what I’m saying friend! Remember I told you it caught on fire the other day? LOOL pfft! I don’t understand how you guys do the high wattage vapes mines too hot at 25 :weary::joy:

It all depends on the build, atty and the way you vape.
You should try a TFV8 or TFV12 tank with standard coils at 25W. You’re lucky if it’s even going to produce a hint of vapor.

If you’re vaping on a coil, rated for 12-15W and you’re going to pump 25W through it, it’s going to be very unpleasant. Do it with a coil that is rated for it and it might be a cool or slightly warm vape. Airflow and wicking efficiency also plays a big role in cooling down your vape.

It’s perhaps a bit difficult to put all these variables into words or to make sense of it if you don’t know what it’s like. If you’re in town and pass a vape shop, just ask to try a tank or rda that requires a bit more powah.

2 Likes

Not at all, I vape at around 12 watts better flavor then I ever had with whatever rta or RDA I ever used/tried at higher wattages. Guess for me the flavor is in MTL vaping. Other side effects my batteries and juice last longer.

Get yourself a ego one v2 and the clr coil (rebuildable) at 1 ohm. Or a doggy style rta and try it you’ll be surprised.

1 Like

Okey dokey tyvm! :wink:

The temperature all depends on the size of the coils. Build a bigger coil and you will also need more watts to heat that coil to the same temperature, and a huge exotic coil needs a very high amount of power before it even reaches the temperature needed to vaporize the juice.

Are you missing out on something?
Well bigger coils and higher watts will also produce more vape, and more vape means more flavour molecules, but it is really a question of personal preference. Personally I would choke to death if I tried to vape as huge clouds as many youtubers do.

2 Likes

mate, first of all vaping isn’t a race in terms of Watts, Nicotine levels, eliquid consumption etc…

if vaping at even 5 watts is satisfying for you and works fine for you… then there is no reason to move up…

vaping at high watts just creates more vapor in general,
the usage of thick wires needs more power to get them heat so you have to raise your wattage settings… vapor usually comes out warmer (depends on wattage you’re using and wires you’re using though this is a matter )…
ejuice consumption goes much higher in general…

i can’t give you an exact answer for real… there are many factors… Wire type and gauge, tank, airflow, ohms, the mod and batteries you’re using (mod power and battery safety) etc etc… these are all variables that have a role in all this :slight_smile:

gl and hf :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If you’re trying to stay away from cigs and are satisfied with the feeling I’d stay where you are. It’s easier on the wallet and battery life. From switching to rda s flavor to me is better but I kinda wish I was never shown dtl inhales. An example for me is a 50 ml used to last me 3 weeks and it’s now down to 1 week. Higher power though is what seems to keep me away from bumming a cig.

2 Likes

I would love to only vape 50ml / 3 weeks…
I think I’m around 30-40ml / day, sub-ohm, medium power (60-80watts).
Between tanks at work, and dripping at home, it adds up fast. Luckily, after a while of DIY (mixing other peoples recipes) you have a large stash of different flavors you can go through. Mix a bottle or 5 a week, and a couple of larger bottles of your ADV, and you don’t notice how much you vape. Until you’re out of VG/PG or Nic.

3 Likes

My average build for SS316L is usually between 0.12 - 0.25 ohms. I rarely go beyond 60w, even tho I have a few devices that could easily jump-start a Harley. Finding a balance between wattage and temperature is key to your flavor. I will usually start at around 50w to break in a new coil and wick then just inch it up from there. A device that has the Temp Dominant feature is preferred so if the vape gets too hot the temp can be adjusted on the fly rather than wattage.

5 Likes

i’ve found as time drags on it’s more comfortable vaping below 80 watts in wattage mode. I used to vape at crazy high watts. Now I try to french inhale my exhale in public as not to blow too much vapor everywhere. the vape is just more comfortable and flavorful at lower watts. really lets you taste the different nuances in the flavor of your juice. I had a lady at the grocery store take a video of me on her cellphone the other month while I was vaping and waiting outside in the parking lot to recycle some cans. God knows what her thoughts were. I don’t even drink or smoke pot for that matter… but I could only wonder.

3 Likes

It’s all about personal preference at the end of the day, I like strong flavours and I like a thick warm vape so I vape around 150w on 30mm RDA’s as a rule, It ramps up quicker with that kind of power and I’m not drawing as long as you tend to in the lower watts. but my smaller 24mm RDA’s and tanks are usually around the 70 or 80 mark if I’m out and about, find what suits you best, what suits your liquid and what suits your style of vaping.

4 Likes

:+1:

There is your answer.

You may never find your perfect combination, if you chase everyone else’s. It takes a while to zero in on what satisfies you the best. You’ll find it.

5 Likes

Well if you’re ever in my neck of the woods we can definitely work on correcting that! :rofl:

1 Like

I’ll volunteer on correcting that aswell. Gave up on pot long ago but drinking I won’t. Good location here aswell (Belgium) we probably got the most different beers / by head and I’m like 10 mins away from Holland “coffeeshop” paradise

5 Likes