Can't get any juice to taste good

I understand your frustration. There is no ‘magic wand’ for a quick fix.
You are gonna hate me, but I have never made a batch that I couldn’t vape. Not saying they were all winners, but two of my first attempts are still in my rotation today. I started at e-juice-me and a couple of forums before I found Lars and ELR.
I studied very hard before I bought anything I needed, then tippy-toed into mixing. I had a few first mixes that required tweaking before they were tolerable…but when I found ELR with the info on use of the flavors it catapulted my results. And I am still finding new tools on ELR.

There are some great mixers here on ELR, and I looked long and hard at what they were doing with combining flavors, and took a lot of notes…which BTW, when you look at recipes on ELR, ALWAYS read the notes and comments. It is very time consuming, but the info is there for the taking.

One more thing that is ultra important, has already been discussed, and you already know this…when looking at the recipes and duplicating, you must use the EXACT flavoring to get an identical mix. Watch out for things like v1…v2…and as you know, strawberry doesn’t mean Strawberry. If it says French Vanilla (CAP) then that’s what you use. Soon you will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.

You might like this, I think it was a [getting worked] recipe, adapted by [big tiny], and I keep a bottle of it for rotation.
The great thing about this recipe, as simple as it may appear, is all the comments/replies. That is where you learn a ton of hidden tips, tricks, techniques, etc., as well as what not to do. I personally trust, and learn more about a recipe that has a ton of comments than I do just from how the ratings are. It takes effort, and time…lotsa time, and I know how easy it is to get in a hurry, but that is usually what creates the frustration.

There are many OOO or stand alone mixes that can/will get you by while you are waiting on your juice to age. Pralines & Cream (TFA) is one, but it really needs a day or so, but Alisa’s Bust-A-Nut is good at the moment, and orgasmic after a week or so.

3 Likes

@Teifelds where are you located at…?

This isn’t mine it’s @SthrnMixer 's

No Fail Cheesecake !

you’d only need a few more flavors to your stash and I feel you’d be really happy with it ! It’s always an easy go to recipe for me !

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

I only have 4 pieces of advice (and I understand your frustration).

1. Use 1% expensive vodka in all your mixes.

2. Use 4% Distilled Water to thin out your VG “before” you mix it into your recipe.

3. Use “known” 5 star flavorings.

4. Start by mixing the most popular recipes on this site, do not substitute ingredients.

in northwest suburbs of illinois

what does the vodka do? doesn’t it just thin out the vg? and the distilled water is used to thin out vg also… isn’t it?

VG is thick and viscous. The flavoring has a hard time “penetrating” the VG to attach itself to it even if it has alcohol in it.

The best example I can give you is cooking. If I want a steak to taste like a bunch of spices, I have to adhere that spice to the meat so I dry rub it on there and then I throw a lot of heat or vinegar on it (like a marinade) and then the spice permeates the meat.

The water thins the VG and the alcohol breaks down the VG particle. It’s the chemical equivalent of what cooking something does. I also heat my liquid right after I mix it.

The alcohol also has the benefit of an antibacterial effect on the mix :slight_smile: (But don’t use cheap Vodka, use good Vodka or it wont be “smooth”)

Please just try it with an airline bottle of Absolut. It will cost you $2.00 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh Yum Yay!

1 Like

I was having your frustration for a long time. That advice I just gave you fixed it. I am a very happy vaper now.

what about like new Amsterdam? too cheap? lol

and use the 4% distilled water with the vodka? or use one or the other…

lol… not the $4.00 rot gut blend. Bleck!

I use both water and Absolut Vodka. (You could use Grey Goose too, very smooth)

Seriously - It made all the difference in the world.

Here’s a bombshell but I didn’t see it mentioned when I scrolled through but you are shaking all flavors before use? And make sure you shake nic also

1 Like

I have a different take on your problem with the flavors you’ve ordered.

Looking at your 1st and 2nd flavor orders I can see why you’re not happy with your mixes. What I see here is the same things I did when I started… loading up on average and below average flavors thinking they would taste like the name on the label.

You should try a few premium flavors mixed with your TPA, FW and CAP. I kinda learned my way around flavors and from what I see in your flavor orders, it’ll be tough for me to create a good mixes.

Take a look at this list that some of us put together, click on flavors that interest you and study on what goes with what, and how other people use them. And most of all don’t get locked in on all cheap flavors. One thing I have learned is better flavors make better tasting mixes.

2 Likes

Could try many different flavor mixes at your local B&M vape shop. You might be coming down (a sickness) with something.

Stellar Strawberry is back up!

1 Like

I’m going thru the same thing pissing me off

Can you post some of your work…it seems you’re sruggling maybe someone can take a look at it and see if there’s something obvious that’s causing you stress.

Hey Amy here’s one i made wasn’t great
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/652959/Blue%20Moo%20Shake%20N%20Vape

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/843476/addy%27s%20Yogurt