Can't reply to posts (eg. giveaways)

Hi guys.

I’m relatively new here. Haven’t posted much as I have been absorbing all the useful information and looking at delicious recipes.
Have been trying to get into DIY for a while now. I’m all ready to go as far as mixing is concerned. Just waiting for some sweet deals to come very soon in the upcoming holidays before I pull the trigger on the supplies that I need.

I have just noticed the giveaway by HeavenGifts and they were waiting for more entries in the last round. I have tried to enter but realized that I cannot post a reply.
What is this restriction a result of? Lack of posts or something?
I would love to enter the giveaway but I’m not able to, please help.

Not sure if it’s appropriate to post in this general section but this is the most fitting subsection that I see. Apologies if it’s not the right place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

I apologize in advance as some of this information may be incorrect, i dont pay much attention to giveaways.

I believe you have to attain a certain user level in order to enter them, how exactly these user levels are metered i do not know. I am kind of sure that it has to do with a certain number days visited and/or posts.

Now im going to see if i can find the rules for giveaways because im a bit embarrassed.

EDIT: Ok, here we go:

For entrants

Contests are meant for actively participating members of our community. To enter a contest, you must be at trust level 2 (have earned the “Member” badge).

The full specs of what it takes to gain member trust level:

visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
casting at least 1 like
receiving at least 1 like
replying to at least 3 different topics
entering at least 20 topics
reading at least 100 posts
spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

4 Likes

Thanks for the info Ken.
Looks like I’m a long way away. Good to know. All good, thought I’d ask. It’s strange because I did enter the ecig express giveaway not too long ago. Not sure how these rules apply to different giveaways.

2 Likes

Im unsure as well, perhaps Miss @JoJo knows. She is moar smarter than me.

1 Like

Just so you know, one of the first three recipes I’m going to start mixing is the Strawnana Custard.
Hehe. Thanks for the recipe, can’t wait to try it out.

2 Likes

I hope you enjoy it! And just a bit of advice, put it away for a month at least. You will be doing your taste buds a favor.

If you have any questions just holler! :slight_smile:

EDIT: I was told that the giveaway rules change recently, it increased the entry level from basic to member. Sorry about that.

3 Likes