Cant taste Max VG recipes!

A common side effect of over flavoring is muting. Most mixers know this. Most times it’ll end up in a muddled mess.

Every flavor has a high usage limit. Once you pass that limit the flavor don’t get any stronger, it mutates into something that flavor wasn’t meant to be. A lot of common flavors contain EM which is known to mute flavors over time. So not only are you using too much flavor, you’re doubling up on the EM in the mix.

9 Likes

This guy @Pro_Vapes sounds like he knows what he is talking about.

7 Likes

Sure. The simple answer is that by adding more flavoring at some point becomes over flavored.

Not that I mix max VG I can’t speak from personal experience. What I can say reading posts over the years I’ve seen people say that the max VG just takes longer to be incorporated and blended. Some may say they use alittle more flavoring but not a ton of extra flavoring…such as instead of using 4% strawberry ripe they may mix 5%…not 10%.

Personally, I would suggest trying to get down to 10-15% mix ranges with tpa only. I could not imagine vaping cantaloupe at over 10%.

As for the orange cream…yeah I think that’s too high. Recently I tried it 5-6% for giggles and it was ok with decent mouth feel and very little orange flavoring and it was pulling down other flavors.

From that experience and your above mix I wouldn’t give over 4 and would stay around that 3-4% but if you want cantaloupe then I would move cantaloupe down to 5%, orange cream to 2% and leave guava and steep for 4 days.

5 Likes

I will try to lower the %, do you think it would work for 85-15? Vg/pg

Or i should just start with a 70/30 base and proceed to add 15% of flavoring to a total of 55/45 vg/pg.

Also how long should i wait to finally steep simple fruits flavors like the ones i posted? What about the mixes including creams as listed above. Is there really a big difference in steeping time the more vg you add? How much?

Its ok if you cant answer my Pandora box full of questions!

1 Like

Hello! It would be cool if you could care to advice me on which recipes i am using too much flavor.

Also how long should i steep each one of them? Thats the other thing, that i waste so much time trying them every 3 days and the results are always horrible, multiply that per 10 recipes and i feel its not worth it.

Which pg/vg ratio would you recommend for no leaking, good flavor and decent clouds?

Thank you pro_vapes

1 Like

You use whatever % you need to make a good mix. Why use 15% total flavor if you only need 6-8% for a better mix.

Learning to use this tool might help you adjust your usage %s…

Pay close attention to the max usage %s and sometime you’ll only need the minimum % or less to achieve your goal…

6 Likes

For my taste your percentages are off , but thats for me , and it may be a problem let me guve you an example

im assuming your using TPA , the 14percent can easily be cut in half , at the same time the TPA fruit circles with milk is worse than the flave without milk , id suggest start over and single flavor test so you could get familiar with the flavors …

6 Likes

This is what i need, ok i will def cut the 14%in a half and then proceed to add the cheesecake!

But! I have a few questions before proceeding, How many days should i wait before it steeps into a decent liquid? Lets say for: 50/50 and for 70/30 vg/pg. Or is it almost the same steeping time for both?

Also! It would be SPLENDID if you could correct my other recipes in canse i am over flavoring so i could use this free time to mix all of them again.

Thank you fidalgo, thats was a very good note you added

2 Likes

What they are saying is true. And really, it does take a while for a DIY mixer to really understand the less is more concept. I started mixing a few years ago trying to hit a 20% concentrate target every time. I assumed that you needed a lot of flavor to get, well, a lot of flavor. Just isn’t true.

I have some recipes that go into the mid to upper teens on %, but many are a lot less. This is not my lowest, but to give you a feel for how small numbers can give big flavor, see this one…

Razzleberry

0.30% Blueberry (MF)
0.20% Orange (MF)
2.25% Rainbow Drops (TPA)
1.75% Rainbow Sherbet (TPA)
0.45% Wild Raspberry (MF)

Flavor total: 4.95%

Concentrates are all different. They all have a % sweet spot, and learning them is one of the biggest lessons a DIY mixer learns over time. That recipe is bright and full flavored, believe me. The wife has told me it’s ‘so strong’ even. I’m not recommending you make it or anything, just using it for reference regarding flavor %.

And remember, asking folks to remake your recipes won’t always work out great. We all report from our own experiences and based on our own palates. I’d say try what @fidalgo_vapes recommends, and try some of your own % adjustments, because YMWV.

Oh, and don’t dismiss @Pro_Vapes too quickly. The man knows what the hell he’s saying! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

For sure! Pro vapes def seems to know what he is talking about.

Well to add i just picked up a fruity loops with milk liquid i made about more than a month ago at 6%, 70pg/30vg… Liquid tastes like nothing! This is where the frustration comes out when people tell me i use too much flavoring, the thing is with less is more i can seem to grasp the more!

Could it be that it is a single flavor recipe? I mean i should at least taste decent, i dont want to risk adding the cheesecake graham grust @3% in fear it will not work…

2 Likes

Could be, or it could be that your palate just doesn’t click with it. This highlights the saddest fact about DIY (‘sad’ in the ‘rats, I wish it was easy’ sense). DIY mixing requires a great deal of time, testing, and patience. There are a few truths about life. The sun rises every day. We all need to eat. Gravity and momentum keep us from sailing out into open space. And ‘good’ DIY e-juice mixing is hard.

3 Likes

Mixing 101… don’t trust the name on the bottle… test it for yourself or read and compare flavor notes against other alike flavors to make better purchases… it’ll save you a lot of what you’re currently experiencing.

3 Likes

Well i dont know im talking the same as you but 14% one tastes def like fruit loops to me and my friends, while the 6% tastes nothing. Is this normal?

I tend to look at the “Average mixing quantity:” and I can gauge a close starting %… that and viewing real mixes by mixers I trust usually get me to a good starting %. On top of that I can read the notes for each mix with comments from some that tried that mix all for FREE.

1 Like

are you saying the the 14pct works better as a SnV than the 6pct ???

Def! Not even after a month does the 6% works

You left out “I TRUST”

2 Likes

i could see this happening if your using these as a shake and vape , the 14pct riggt away is probably putting off a lemony taste that a lot of people think is fruit loops , at 6pct your flavor is going to seem weaker when comparing , but with a little help from other flavora and time that 6pct is gonna taste more realistic

1 Like

Thats what i need, what can i add to make more realistic?

I have in my storage

Bavarian cream
French vanilla
Vanilla swirl
Cheesecake graham crust
Sweet cream
Super sweet
Caramel original

And lots of fruits

Edit! At what percentage

2 Likes

This is the average that’s very close to what ATF shows…

ELR Average mixing quantity: 2.6% (Median: 2%)

Recipes: 6880

I noticed only 1 person bother to enter flavor notes on ATF…

ELR has too many note to read… :+1:

3 Likes