Capella Butter Cream

This is kind of a mystery flavor to me… I have tried it in multiple recipes and it always seems to give a bland flavor over everything.

Been using it at 1%, trying to hone in on what I am doing wrong.

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

Have been reading good things about Flavor West Butter Cream as well if it is better than CAP.

Scared of this one myself as well. Absolutely ruined a perfectly good Fudge recipe that was tried and true. Think this one needs to layered in with bakery flavors but does not seem behave with other creams, custards. Maybe too high % I used 1.5% .
SF testing?? Lol I am now SF testing all new flavors for this reason

3 Likes

Isn’t it supposed to be a diketone free frosting?

I’ve tried this one too, but I never came up with anything enjoyable. I don’t understand the profile. It’s called butter cream, but I get neither.

EDIT:

Now you have my curiosity up. I’m going to try to create a butter cream frosting. I’ll bookmark this thread and I’ll report back if I have success.

4 Likes

Just checked there website no info regarding diketones provides. Fairly certain the V2s using Butyric acid are listed as such. I just went and smelled the bottle i do not detect BA. More than likely has diketones. Frosting? Hmm maybe this would explain why it clashed with fudge… Idea for further testing is to do SF testing at .025% and .05%
Possible use in combination with FLV Frosting which seems to lack moisture/creaminess
Been working on a Frosting stone including :
VF CCI+ Lor CCI+FLV Frosting+Ooo Vanilla Frosting
Perhaps butter cream will find a home (sigh)

2 Likes

Well I am mostly using it as I am after this:

It is an ingredient in a recipe I found lying around and the real cookie is so good that I had to try the premium. Pretty damn close.

Using this recipe, tasted bleh after a month. The vanilla is accurate and maybe a few other ingredients but it definitely needs to be worked with.

now I’m stuck trying to figure out how to get the same profile of the magical cookies.

@mixologist13
What does SF stand for?

What the… Lol seems you are always one step ahead of me. Swear i never saw your post till just now. Well played sir.

1 Like

It looks to have too many sweeteners for my taste. I’ve never had a Circus Cookie so I don’t have a clue what the profile is like.

Sweeteners
Sucralose
Joy
Marshmallow
Meringue
VBIC

On top of Butter Cream Cap. Just my opinion, but I can see this turning weird. But we know taste is subjective.

SF=single flavor test. Looked at that recipe and disagree with some of their choices. @Pentine does the original have a nutty aspect? Does the strawberry blend with the icing or is it a top note? Is the strawberry aspect jammy, ripe or sweet?
I SF tested joy at 3% vaped it after one year! I see no place for it in a cookie mix. It ends up as a funnel cake with icing sugar fully developed. I use it as an additive (the same way i use FA Cookie)0.25-.5% in donut mixes to coax out the fried dough taste.
Im thinking a combination of Cap 3% and RF SC 2% sugar cookie coupled with German Cookie 1.5% and a few drops of FA cookie would be a good base for the cookie aspect.

Could make a nice addition to a killer cupcake frosting. Butter cream is made from butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Replicate this with flavoring and make a cake. Thank you in advance as it’s my 48th bday next month.

@mixologist13 Capella has info on diketones for most of their flavours…you can see it here. Butter Cream is near the top of the list and it says there aren’t any diketones added to it, or found in it. The listing includes a test result.

i’m thinking of trying again for a simple mix with CAP’s Yellow Cake and Butter Cream :thinking: …my first attempt had Vanilla Whipped Cream as well. The liquid smelled good but it tasted pretty awful.

[quote]Yellow Cake #1
Mixed on: December 10, 2016
Amount: 300 drops
PG: 70% | VG: 30%

6.3% CAP Yellow Cake
4.0% CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream
1.3% CAP Butter Cream

1 day later: Awful. Way too much of the (shitty) Vanilla Whipped Cream, not enough of the Yellow Cake. Try again, reduce the creams and increase the cake.[/quote]

That’s what i wrote at the time. :relaxed: Hmm. :thinking: :heart:

2 Likes

I do a butter cake with butter flavor and buttercream flavor, it also has a custart and an ice cream in it and it’s wooooooooooooooooooonderful

2 Likes

what % butter cream? I think it may just be the fudge flavor. It was Chefs Choice Clotted cream fudge. It is a good flavor but does not play nice with Cap butter cream or Cap sweet cream.

1.5 in one and I’m working on another that I have 3 in, it’s kinda the main flavor but it’s still in the taste and toss stage

taste and toss stage lol. I also used 1.5% with other flavors at higher %. After 8 weeks all i smell is the butter cream. Im going to try the Cap butter cream at 0.5%-0.75% in future mixes

Cap is my preferred butter cream

1 Like

What other butter creams have you had?

I find CAP Butter Cream to be incredibly flat and bland.

2 Likes

I find it works best as a support flavor at 1% and under and you made a good call to use it at .5%-.75% in future mixes. I think using it that way then you will find it’s purpose.

2 Likes

I am looking for a recipe for Butter Cream. I already have the flavoring I just need to know how many ML to use for the fluid. I am a beginner at mixing my own fluid and was hoping someone would know.

PM’s sent containing links to help you get started. Gl to you!

1 Like