Capella Flavor Drops Tasting Notes

@SthrnMixer is right, Flavorah is an excellent peanut butter as well. I like to mix the two. I usually do 1% TPA and 2% Flavorah.

1 Like

Heard a lot of good things about flavorah, guess I will have to increase my stash!

1 Like

Hey @DarthVapor - this recipe looks delicious! My only concern with the custards is the harmful chemicals (I know, kind of an oxymoron to worry about such things when Iā€™m tweaking an unnatural substance to begin with). Havenā€™t found many that donā€™t contain diacetyl, acetyl propionyl, or acetoin. Whatā€™s your take on this?

I just got some Capella Banana and made up a batch of Banana Cream Pie but after vaping it for awhile I started to notice a distinct clove taste. So I tasted the flavoring straight from the bottle and get a nice banana with a kick of strong clove.
Do any of you taste this in the Capellaā€™s banana?

All I have ever used is Capellaā€™s Banana, and while it is candy like, I have never tasted clove in itā€¦

Hello Ryan,
I am new to DIY mixing,
Bought five capella flavours.

1. double chocolate v2, 2) golden pineapple, 3) banana split, 4) bold tobacco, 5) sweet strawberry
    Can you please suggest me the percentage to use ???

I did use alot of caps flavors, but just not what I would think they should be. Cinanmon daish swil it top in my book, super sweet is good. sweet streaberry is good. but that all that I can think of off my head. I use all V1 . maybe just me and how I mix, but Iā€™m with you jojo.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors

Might want to do some research on your flavors using the mixing calc site and see how others have used them. This process helped me a bunch when I was first into DIY mixing. :grinning:

I like Golden pineapple 4%+ if you really want it to come through. It really depends on the overall mix. As a single flavour? Iā€™d probably go 12%, same with sweet strawberry

sorry to resurrect this thread again but I was going to buy a lot of flavors in general, and I am a bit stuck between whether to order them all from TPA or CAP. Which one of these would you guys think would be an overall winner, in terms of using less amount and also in terms of flavor. Hpe you understand what I mean.

Honestly? Neither. Go with Flavorah, FlavourArt or Inawera. It may seem more expensive up front, but you get more bang for your buck. Are you in the States? There are a lot of great places that sell both (or all of the above) so you donā€™t have to choose.

I donā€™t know that I could choose between TPA and Cap. They both have flavors I donā€™t think I could live without. But, if it had to be one or the other, itā€™d be Cap simply because they have Vanilla Custard v1 and an excellent coconut.

5 Likes

Flavorah FlavourArt Inawera, would you please kindly be able to tell me which ones require how much percentage in mixing. thanks in advance

btw not from US, im from down under :slight_smile:

Hhmmā€¦not sure how/where to get Flavorah or where ships to Australia. Flavorah, FA, and Inawera take an average of 1-3% where TPA, Cap, and FW take an average of 5-8%. TPA and Cap still make great flavors and like I said, they both have some that I wouldnā€™t want to be without. They make good starter flavors. Itā€™s harder to overdo them since theyā€™re less concentrated.

1 Like

The way I see flavorings, strength wise, would be:

MF > INW > FA/Fla > Cap/FW > TFA

TFA are mostly pretty weak, but they are also the cheapest. So it balances out. Figuring which flavors are keeper from the various manufacturers is all part of the process. There are some INW flavorings I will never buy again, same with Cap and TFA. FA for me are the most well rounded, the ones Iā€™ve tried to date at least. But like JoJo says, there are some TFA/Cap I couldnā€™t do without too.

wow seems like flavorah are super concentrated. looks like I can order less through them to get more and pay less in shipping at the same time. Thanks for the inputs guys. Cheers

2 Likes

Has anyone done a side by side of the Raspberry V1 and V2? Iā€™ve been using the V1 but seeing the V2 makes me wonder if the first is going away soon.

Houston, weā€™ve found the problem. :rofl:

2 Likes

Capella Lemon Meringue Pie V1

Percentage Used: 10%

Ā 

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a single Kanthal .3 ohm Staircase coil at 27W. 24g kernel with 32g wrap, cotton wick.

Ā 

PG/VG: 30/70

Ā 

Steep Time: 9 Weeks

Ā 

Manufacturer Description: Canā€™t find one from Capella.

Manufacturer Suggested Percentage: Canā€™t find it from Capella.

Aroma: Lemon, meringue or burnt sugar, shortbread cookie or pie crust.

Ā 

Flavor Description: Starts of with a mild lightly creamy lemon custard or curd. Sweet and luscious meringue with hints of caramelized sugar. Fluffy and delicate meringue is a top note here, good body and mouth feel without any egg white flavor. Bakery pie crust notes round out the flavors here. I almost taste a moist shortbread cookie crust? This is actually a fairly authentic lemon meringue pie, and the crust to filling to meringue ratio is balanced well. The lemon itself is mild and missing a hint of tartness or bite, but still holding itā€™s own. However, this has been steeping for 9 weeks and I have a feeling it has faded as usual with lemons.

Ā 

Off Flavors: None

Ā 

Throat Hit: 3/10

Ā 

Uses: Pies, cakes, bakeries, pudding, custards, parfaits. There isnā€™t a lot of uses for this in mixing, itā€™s a pretty complete single flavor on itā€™s own.

Ā 

Notes: Good strength for a single flavor around 10%. Iā€™m thinking I will tweak this just slightly and quite happily vape it for an easy single flavor. See recipe below, it boosted the lemon perfectly and added the right touch of tartness.

Ā 

Simple LMP

10.00% Lemon Meringue Pie v1 (CAP)
0.50% Lemon Sicily (FA)
0.25% Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA)

Flavor total: 10.75%

2 Likes

Iā€™m confident that anyone wanting to ā€œfix thatā€ would enjoy 1 or 2 drops (per 30ml) of MF lemon.

Another nice review BTW MysticRose! :smiley:

Shame about the missing egg whites though. The top layer is an integral part of any Meringue IMO. :wink: