Capella Flavor Drops Tasting Notes

It might be weak but it tasted “right” to me. So did Caramel Cream (NF), if that’s any indication of what I mean by “right”. I have a problem with caramels tasting like radioactive material and keep searching for something that will work for me. Guess I’ll have to try IDE now.

Where do you buy this IDE? I do not even know what IDE is and I’m still on the hunt for a good caramel.

Nevermind, I found their website.

http://www.ideflavors.com

Never heard of them either or tested them but here’s the direct link, since I couldn’t find anybody else carrying them.

Have you tried layering/supporting your caramel with butterscotch, any cream, custards or white chocolate and/or saline? Most caramels don’t work on their own or need a higher overall percentage and unfortunately then hitting most brands off notes, these would “mask” and support it, making it more of a caramel than without.

1 Like

Yes, with custard mostly. I think I just need more experience with them and lowering the percentage for the most part. The ones I’ve tried are way too strong to the point of fumigation. Even in their recommended percentages. Lol, I have caramel sensitivity.

1 Like

Seems every manufacturer of flavor has their followers. But I was surprised the other day when I mixed some Flavorahs together.

0.1% Smooth Vanilla, which I had been trying at 1%+
0.1% Custard, again been playing with at higher percent
Same with Toffee, 0.1%

The recipe is awesome at Super low percentages, sub-0.2% for sure. I was totally surprised.I Exception Peanut Butter at a full 0.5%. Microwave and agitation and electrosonic “steeping.”

I’ve seen DIYirDIE do CAP Vanilla Custard anywhere from 0.5% to 5%. There’s a lot to how one chemical (flavor) interacts with another. I can have a cucumber that tastes great, then add something I think will enhance it but ends up killing it, even erythritol.

Luck leads to ideas which leads to plans (recipes) which leads to ADV’s.

2 Likes

Most of them have been mentioned. I would add Cinnamon Danish Swirl if it hasn’t been already.

As for Caramel (CAP) V1, I just did shot glass tests on 6 caramels. I found the Caramel (CAP) V1 and Caramel Cream (NF) more true to its name than the others. I didn’t test the MF. Here’s the link to my stash if you want to see the caramels I tested. The Hangsen Caramel Toffee had a coconut note to it. Idk if that’s just me or the manner of testing. I never tried shot glass testing before. Since I like coconut I didn’t find this off putting at all. I’ll give it a whirl.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/publicstash/98284

2 Likes

Since you’re sensitive to more true caramels, you could try (INW) crème brulé at very low percentage since it has a caramel note, adding a tiny bit vanilla bourbon (FA) will bring out that note even further, than use a butterscotch at higher ratio to the caramel mix.

Normally you layer the opposite, but in your case it might work beating the odds, and if its still to “heavy” add a tad of Bavarian cream or ice cream to smoothen it out. Just would have to play around with the percentages.

Or could bend the brown sugar but more difficult. Another method would be adding hints of vanilla masking the weird taste and sensitivity you’re getting from it.

2 Likes

has anyone tried the new silver line ??? theres three new ones meringue , acai , and a cereal one

1 Like

I have not because stores I shop at are either out of stock or do not have it yet. However I’m very happy with the flavors I do have from the silver line, glad seeing them adding to it. Capella in general is not my first go to brand I’ll be honest, but I do think that I used 27 bears and whipped marshmallow more than any of my regular cap’s flavors lately lol.

Don’t think you can go wrong with either one of the new ones, if you get them let me know how they are :smile:

1 Like

I like that idea. More work but sounds good to me. I’ve used Creme Brulee (INW) and like it. I’m a big vanilla fan so that idea falls into my “like” category. I don’t think your the first person to suggest the Creme Brulee. I had asked about making a caramelized banana recipe and it was suggested. Maybe that was you?

I was thinking of adding this to CDS. Any thoughts on how that might pair?

RE: French Vanilla (CAP). Have any of you experienced the peppery taste that some report, but disappears after 3 days or so?

1 Like

i havent had the french vanilla cap in awhile , for some reason i did not appreciate as much as others seem too , but it wasnt on my list of flavors that gave me a pepper note …

I’m sensitive to pepper (at least with any percentage of TFA’s VBIC) and I’ve not had any such reaction to Cap French Vanilla (from 24 hours to 30 days).

1 Like