Capella Golden Butter VS TPA butter flavaor(movie theater butter)

Has anyone done a side by side of these two? Or for that matter has anyone even had both at the same time?
I’m looking for a comparison of the two. I like the Golden butter but I like the price of the TPA butter a whole lot better.

3 Likes

Maybe @mixologist13 can help here…

4 Likes

For a fine butter flavor, I’ve found the NF organic diacetyl free butter extract to be one of the best butters I’ve tried. Decided to buy direct from NF as there are a lot of variants

1 Like

@R113 NF? OK color me lost what company is this. So many out there I’m learning about that I have never heard of.

https://www.naturesflavors.com/

I have some in a cart there but haven’t pulled the trigger due to the shipping being $45 to au for 2 flav lol

OK Natures Flavors thank you. I’mma gonna go look at them

I like the Capella better but don’t overdo it. Butter turns to Butt quickly.

3 Likes

Amen to that

1 Like

And not the nice kind of butt either.

2 Likes

Yeah more like the Walmart I’ll never be able to unsee that butt

4 Likes

Rise from the dead, my thread!

Been using CAP Golden Butter as it doesn’t have any diketones, what is the max that people have used it around here? I have pushed it as high as 1% with no off taste, but still not much of a butter taste either.

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t mean to do that… I never tried the TPA. On my recipes I keep it way down because it actually starts to smell like fake butter if I go too high.

It doesn’t have any nasties in it true but as far as a realistic perfect butter, I find that NF organic diacetyl free organic butter is hard to beat. However, as far as caps golden butter, I used it at 3% with good luck and even 5%. 5 was really pushing it over and would not do that again. Try some NF organic diacetyl free organic butter extract

1 Like

It breaks my heart to pay 12+ for 4 oz, I just can’t rationalize paying that much for one ounce. I can’t make myself do it.

1 Like

Don’t need much of the butter. Like .5%. ill gladly pay for good flavors especially when I don’t need a lot to make it work

3 Likes

Already have my first NF order on the way, per your recommendation :slight_smile: Will have to try their butter. I need to contact them and see what the acetoin and acetyl propionyl levels are in those. I would be shocked if they were completely free of those but pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

I’ve done a mock up of California Pizza Kitchen’s Butter Cake and I’m using more butter in this one than I ever have in any recipe before. And we like is so much between wifey, my son and myself I’m making it in 500ml batches twice a month. Well I have been giving some to some local vapers as well.

4 Likes

Good idea. Not sure either as they are different compared to the other flavors out there.

1 Like

That’s a lot of vaping. My god

Pssssssssssssst
might want to look into who’s thread it is. lmao

1 Like