Caramel - nothing but trouble for me!

What in the world is up with Caramel and me? I can NOT get a good caramel flavor out of a recipe.

I’m talking burnt sugar flavor, caramel cubes wrapped in cellophane.

Is there a good Caramel out there? Percentage? Steep? Why do mine never have any taste - or if they do, I may as well have used cream or MTS?

Thanks!

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Maybe this topic helps.

5 Likes

This my wife ADV. http://tjek.nu/r/hFPY

Marked as private

Ok how can i make it public? This one any way is not from me i just
Adapted one i found here…

Ouf got it this way

What a funny way button share privately :grin:

Caramel seems to me to be like chocolate or peanut butter, in that less is generally more. Can’t replicate that mouth feel, and you think maybe if you add more, you will get a better flavor, but for me a little goes a long way.

Of course, there are much better mixers here than me you should listen to.

1 Like

@toddgeer NCM has a very tasty one …

This has been an ADV for me since I first made it 18 months ago. It is Carmelishus! (Or good anyway).

1 Like

Try some FW salted caramel around 2-2.5% with FA caramel around 1-1.5% and TPA malted milk at .75%. Makes a nice caramel to add into a recipe. If you’re looking for just caramel, you could up all those %s up by .25% or so. Or try this (or use it as a starting point), I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

4 Likes

Holy sheet, I have all of those! Wow, that’s a first. I’m making this.

Won’t the SC be a coil killer at 2.5% though?

3 Likes

Yes… it will. Totally worth it though.

3 Likes

When I’m vaping consistently on stuff with sc ( and I often use it in the 2-2.5% range) I just rewick every morning.

2 Likes

Can’t argue really. The caramelly flavors are about my favorite kind of vape. I like the smooth sweetness as opposed to the bright fruitiness (though of course I like both).

2 Likes

Totally agree. I’ve been absolutely loving caramel and butterscotch in almost everything lately. In kind of the same vein, try some FA maple syrup with caramels. Yum. :yum:

6 Likes

You’ve got to point me to some recipes with SC, maple syrup, butterscotch, etc, because I do NOT spend enough time developing those sorts of recipes. I usually have to make the boss’ stuff first, then I’m too tired to do more.

2 Likes

Yay or nay on tobaccos?

1 Like

Never tried any, probably won’t for a while. Not against it, just skeered.

3 Likes

Gotcha. Ok I’ll find a couple things for ya. :wink:

2 Likes