Chain link coil wire AKA Clapton’s suck try this!

Gonna try another build with 32g SS

5 Likes

Ok for the record… twisting and using only 32g wire SUCKS!!! Way too springy. I got a build done finally but it’s ugly and can’t get them to be contact coils lol I put it in one of my wife’s tanks and gave her some new juice I made for her and she seems happy with it but I’m not. So tomorrow I will work on a different strategy and will let you all know how it turns out. Oh and yes the ohms are higher but it started at .29 and as I dry fired it got up to .56 and some place in between… that was a 6 wrapdual coil 3mm ID

3 Likes

@jayrell do you have a little butane torch? If you heat the wire to red before you coil the spring will be nonexistent.

5 Likes

I do and I tried that lol it didn’t help… but to be fair I did not heat it very long… I was tired and ready to be done with it so it was a half assed attempt at heating it up… so maybe tomorrow I will have better results

3 Likes

If you hold it on the same spot till it glows red then move along the wire shot here is a pic of one i have done and one not done (not these chain coils but you get the idea) you should have a nice bit of rainbow if you are using ss.

Cheers mate

5 Likes