Changing coils for testing liquid?

Okay, I maybe shot for this, but IMHO cotton is the better one for flavor. I also will put praises on the Geek vape Tsunami. That has totally changed what I use on a daily basis. Flavor is immense. It reminds everyone of a Kennedy. I truly think a great RDA and changing the cotton for new flavors, dry burn coils, (kanthal and SS), will be your best option. It has worked for me. I also like anything with a velocity style deck for ease of build. Just my two cents on the matter.

3 Likes

Sleazy, peasy, keep it easy
316L SS Aliens .2ohm
No wicking used
DB160 45-50W Velocity v2
Drip, hit, burn dry, cool, repeat.

6 Likes

First time posting here, what i have found easiest is to just have an unflavoured mix of vg/pg and drip that inbetween flavours to remove the old taste from wicks/coils, works a treat in rtas as well about 1/4 of a tank full normally does the trick. As soon as you cant taste the old flavour move onto the next.

5 Likes

I do this too but straight vg :+1:

3 Likes

Hey there, @Ldotvapes, and welcome to the forum. Hope you’ll enjoy your stay as you absorb and share. :balloon:

4 Likes

Hey there @Ldotvapes welcome aboard the fun bus :wink: why not pop over to the pub and say hello to everyone :grin: they don’t bite…much…maybe the odd nibble

5 Likes

:pig: I read “maybe the odd nipple”. Certainly got me thinking there for a second or two :grin:

7 Likes

hey if that’s what it takes…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I mean there maybe the odd tit in there somewhere…:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Maybe its best we stop here before we scare the tit of @Ldotvapes, poor thong, ups, thing! Those tablet keyboards. :eyes:

2 Likes

why clapton? you are not juicing the coil are you? so why would it matter if you are putting cotton in betweenl?

1 Like

@fidalgo_vapes - I think these are the same as what @Alisa is using :blush:

4 Likes

thats @BoDarc i think you meant

5 Likes

Yes @BoDarc’s post is using the same coils you asked Alisa about on the other thread! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ahhhhh i see arent those cool looking and how great would it be to not have to mess with wicking so perfect lol

3 Likes

I know - they are awesome - I think that @BoDarc should do us a step by step tutorial on building them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Massive Necropost thread resurrection
Anyhow I have been using stovetops for a fair time for testing liquid and they work really well however they are (for me who is a little sight challenged) quite difficult to make and get to fire just right (YMMV)

After mucking with the POS that they call the NCR i thought i would try something a little different based on the stovetop idea. I made some flat coils (well flat ish) and dumped em into the Tsunami 24 and wicked them the same way as @BoDarc wicks the stovetops. These for me are a lot easier to make.

I used a flat tool normally reserved for disassembling mobile phones but really anything could be used.

Yes they are a bit wonky but this is not the coil building thread :rofl::crazy_face:

Changing the wick it literally a 10 second job pull the wick out and dump it and a quick dry burn and rewick on to the next flavour. So :beers: for you MR @BoDarc for the original idea

5 Likes

Brilliant idea …because basically it’s just so you can center load the cotton. Stovetops are tricky and a PITA but I try and make them slightly spaced with 22 Ga SS …using right now, testing some steeping juices

1 Like

@BoDarc and @woftam do you use ribon wire or would some 24g paralleled be alright

That one is triple 28 wrapped in 38 - sits at about .18 ohm

1 Like

That’s just beautiful! Love it.

1 Like