Cheesecake recipe help

Hi guys
I just made up this recipe twp hours agp and vaped it just now. It tasted a bit meh, OK but muddled. In your honest opinion, does this recipe look workable or OK on paper or should I really wait until a few days for the flavours to mix and settle down so I can properly test it. Any honest suggestions welcome. I realise cheesecakes take weeks to steep.

Bavarian Cream TFA 1.00
Cheesecake (LA) 2.00
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.50
Digestive Biscuit (Chef’s Choice)1.00
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 1.50
Marshmallow (TPA) 1.00
New York Cheesecake (CAP) 4.00
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 3.00
Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA) 0.75
Strawberry Sweet (JF) 0.50

Strength: 3 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 16/84
Flavor total: 6.1 ml / 6.1g (15.25%)

5 Likes

You really need to give it 1-2 weeks before even trying it with 3-4 preferred for LA and cap to settle down.

6 Likes

I agree with @Chrispdx, I’d put it away and not touch it for at least a week. Your percentages look fine though!

5 Likes

Cheers for the advice. Had just tested it and wasn’t tasting anything much

3 Likes

Just letting you know that I’m personally not a fan of Loran’s cheesecake. It has more of a watery feel to it! Definitely recommend tfa graham crust cheesecake at like 3./. And I think you’ll be pleased with the result! Replace Loran’s with this instead! Just my opinion though!

1 Like

I can’t say much about LA or TPA but CAP definitely has a strong taste right off a shake and vape. To me, it just tastes of sweaty socks, but let it steep for 3-4 weeks and you’ll have an enjoyable cheesecake flavor.

At 4% you should definitely get some of that flavor!

The other day I had a similar issue with my brown sugar (FW). I ended up putting a drop on my hand and taste it and it had lost all flavor… it can happen that you have a flavor that’s gone bad. Always shake well and check before you mix.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great advice. It’s my first cheesecake and when I tasted it, i couldn’t get anything really so I thought I had messed up. Patience is a virtue in this game!

1 Like

IMHO you have a good Strawberry layer, probably a bit low on the shisha, but you should at least taste the strawberries.
I definitely agree with @anon28032772 and @GalacticResidue, I’d change the LA Cheesecake with the CAP or TFA, further to that I’d add a touch of AP to strengthen the Digestive Biscuit/Cracker Layer.
84% VG is a “steeping” and flavour percentage suicide, IMO too high for your recipe, 70/30 is already more then enough!

You wanted an honest comment… there you have it! :+1::joy:

3 Likes

70/ 30 ratio
boost the Shisha to 2%?
However I don’you have AP Would you suggest highering the biscuit layer? I reluctantly used Graham cracker clear to give the biscuit a crust. However, I can’t stand the pepper / cinnamon taste from Graham cracker so wanted to keep it low. Could m I raise it a bit more without getting the pepper? I could also raisr the digestive biscuit amount too. Really appreciate you guys helping out. There’s an amazing communal spirit on this forum.

3 Likes

Boost the shisha to 1/1.5%, 2% is too much… it’s a layer, not an head note.

GC… GC… what a doubt…I didn’t want to go too harsh, but you read my thoughts… I’d take it off alltogether and avoid the risk of muting!
Could try with a sugar cookie or biscotto (FA) or similar,but it’d need some thought… raising a bit the digestive to 2% could be the right solution.

You’re welcome!! but it’s just my thoughts.

3 Likes

Brilliant suggestion! Thanks a mill man!

2 Likes

Yup agreed tfa cheesecake wgraham crust@3 caps ny @4 shisha at 1./. and bump up your biscuit to 2./. That’s my two cents! Oh ya 70/30 and steep at least two weeks a month is better! Also maybe try inewara biscuit next time you can you’ll like it! Most people use inewara biscuit at the 1./. Or less but I like mine at 2./. For certain recipes and cheesecake or lemon bars or most recipes with a strong cookie or crust note I rock it high seems ridiculous but try it you’ll like it!

2 Likes

Any need for Acetyl Prazaline to boost the crust base? And should I drop the Graham Cracker Clear altogether?

1 Like

2% Digestive Biscuit(I love this flavour)
1% IMW Biscuit
1.5% Cap Sugar Cookie
or
2% Digestive Biscuit
1.5% Graham Cracker Clear
.8% IMW Biscuit
Which would be better in your opinion?

2 Likes

Your second option is better for cheesecake but you could drop the graham cracker but never know maybe do two smaller bottles one with and without graham cracker to test. Also don’t know about the ap never used it in a cheesecake recipe maybe @Iv3shf has though!

1 Like

I’ve been down a rabbit hole all evening and have realised that the second option you chose is the best one. INW Biscuit 1. 5 and Digestive Biscuit 2 seemail the best way you go. One mixer said that Graham cracker would mute flavours. Besides that, Graham is too peppery for my liking. Cheers for that !

1 Like

Not sure if you know this already, but this is a really good video to watch

2 Likes

Excellent! Will watch it now. Thanks a million

1 Like

Take note that a lot of flavors already contain these flavor enhancers. It’s always good to have a look at the manufacturer’s website and check for the ingredients of the flavors you’re going to use. Too much enhancer isn’t going to do your recipe any good.

2 Likes

wise words of wisdom there. Will steer clear of those for the moment. Worth knowing. the video was excellent by the way. Cheers for that.

2 Likes