Chef's Flavours Tasting Notes

I haven’t been able to find a lot of info on Chefs Flavours on the forum here. Unless I missed it?

With it starting to be introduced into the US slowly, I thought I would kick it off with a few of the flavors I have tried. Please share what you know on any of their flavors here and please also add your notes to the database :slight_smile:

Welsh Custard

Mix @20% per Chef’s Vapour. Will test SF at that, seems high, but all their recommended percentages are high so this brand may be on the weaker side? It has had really good reviews though.

Percentage Used: 20% WOW! I know, but that was the percentage given for use by Chefs Flavours.

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a wickless single SS .8 ohm Clapton coil at 20W.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 31 Days

Aroma: Vanilla, heavy cream, caramel, custard.

Flavor Description: This is a very heavy, rich, thick custard with great body and mouth feel. Just lightly sweet more like a flan, not as sweet as typical American pudding. First flavor that hits is a rich dark type vanilla. It also has a very smooth yet rich egg custard base that is balanced very well, still allowing the vanilla to stay to the front. Exhale gives me a hint of warm caramel, but a bit more of something? I almost want to say a mild and understated tobacco like a sweet RY4 maybe. Overall a very complex flavor that tastes like it’s intended to be a One-Shot. And pulls it off well.

Off Flavors: Tobacco

Throat Hit: 3/10

Pairings: Avoid citrus and heavy fruits. It’s already so dense and rich that dark fruits will weigh it down. Coffee, cookies, cakes, cereal, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos, spices, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg.

Notes: I was a little afraid of this one because of the recommended 20% usage. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor level. It doesn’t seem overflavored and is very good. But it’s not an ADV for me due to the richness. I can see myself enjoying this for a couple hours though, especially with coffee. However, the smell when vaping is A M A Z I N G! I honestly think this will be much more vapeable in the 10% range and seems to be strong enough to hold up. It will require further testing, but if lowering the percentage helps reduce the richness while still allowing full flavor I can see myself using this more often. Otherwise, it will be a delicious rich custard dessert with my after dinner coffee. In mixes I’m going to try 1-3%.

Nice Custard Cream

Mix @20-30% per Chef’s Vapour. Will test SF at 20%, seems high, but all their recommended percentages are high so this brand may be on the weaker side? It has had really good reviews though.

Percentage Used: 20% WOW! I know, the percentage given for use by Chefs Flavours was 30%. My hand kept shaking in fear when I tried to go over 20%, so I just gave up.

Steep Time: 31 Days

Aroma: Bright vanilla, cream, cookie, specifically (insert famous maker here) English Tea cookies.

Flavor Description: This is a cookie dominant custard with good body. The body isn’t coming from the cream, more of the slight dryness wafer type texture of the cookie. It tastes very much like a shortbread or butter cookie, served in a bowl with a smooth vanilla pudding. I can swear I am tasting INW Biscuit in this one, or AP? I wouldn’t classify this as a custard as it’s missing that heavy dark vanilla, rich cream, and eggs. Which is not a bad thing at all. It’s very similiar to instant vanilla pudding made with milk. With a very light back note of coconut. I’m sorry, I’m not describing this well. I think it must be past my bedtime. To be honest, this is such a distinct and developed flavor that it’s going to take some creativity to make blends with this one. It will be fun trying though, and it’s an excellent ADV single flavor.

Off Flavors: Coconut

Throat Hit: 3/10

Pairings: Pastries, lemon, pineapple, peaches, pears, berries, banana, coffee, cookies, pies, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos, spices, cinnamon, nutmeg. Avoid melons.

Notes: Again, I was afraid of the recommended percentages. I actually think the 20% is a good strength on this one. For my tastes the 30% would be too much. I’m going to stop beating around the bush here. This is a bite of Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding scooped up with a Mother’s English Tea Cookie sprinkled with a bit of coconut.

The Doughnut King

Mix @20% per Chefs Flavours. Will test SF at 20%, seems high, but all their recommended percentages are high so this brand may be on the weaker side? It has had really good reviews though.

Percentage Used: 20% WOW! I know, just using the percentage given for use by Chefs Flavours, pretty sure this is a One-Shot.

Steep Time: 32 Days

Aroma: Sweetness, vanilla, cream, slight caramel like bavarian cream, light play doh. Smells exactly like their Welsh Custard (very distinctive) with a little added play doh.

Flavor Description: First thing that hits me is, you guessed it, strong play doh. I do get a cakey note/body, and a light sugary glaze flavor. I’m getting a slight malt or chocolate flavor? Just very faint but present. The custard is very well balanced with the play doh, ahem, doughnut. The custard component does taste and smell almost exactly like their Welsh Custard, although the doughnut seems to absorb the super richness and egg aspect of the Welsh, so it’s not as heavy. Nice bakery vanilla extract flavor, and overall a moist full bodied vape.

Off Flavors: Malt or chocolate.

Throat Hit: 2/10

Pairings: This is a pretty complete flavor profile. I would say anything you would consider a good topping for a custard filled doughnut. Any fruit, especially berries or apple, maybe apple pie, chocolate, caramel, maple, white chocolate, coffee, nuts, tobaccos, spices, cinnamon.

Notes: I am probably the wrong person to be reviewing this flavor as I’m sensitive to the doughnut flavors. If you like doughnut flavors, you will probably love this. If you usually taste play doh with doughnut flavorings, avoid this one. I apparently haven’t given up on finding that perfect doughnut
vape as I keep trying even though I say I give up :frowning: If I broke this down, I’d say it tastes exactly like CAP Glazed Donut mixed with their Welsh Custard with a little meringue thrown in to add to the sweet glaze. This seems to have good strength at the 20%, and although it doesn’t seem over flavored, I might consider trying it at 15% to see if it really needs the full 20%. I would definitely drop it to at least 10-12% if adding accent flavors.

11 Likes

I use One Shot Wonders from Chefs but never had Chefs own stuff, looks interesting, thanks

Could you put the Names in Headings please so i can read it easier, like this:

## Welsh Custard

Would be:

Welsh Custard

4 Likes

Thanks for these @MysticRose - haven’t used them before but will be checking them out :+1::blush:

##Have also learned something new!

Thanks Neo :smiley:

5 Likes

Why yes I could, and did. Thank YOU for teaching me something new! I had no idea you could do that, much less how :smiley:

4 Likes

The chefs choice concentrates are cupcake world ones rebranded and the chefsvapour concentrates are there own one shots mixes I believe. I have had a few of both, to summarise:

Chefs Choice:
Clotted Cream Fudge - Excellent, best toffee/fudge type concentrate I have tried
Cookie Dough Ice Cream - Probably the worst concentrate I have ever had, tasted like burnt rubber to me
Devon Cream - An excellent cream, very popular with VHM facebook group. Thick buttery cream that mixes well
Digestive biscuit - I didnt like it at all but it is popular in clones of Isle of Custard Son of a Biscuit Eater mixes…then again I didnt like the original of that either
Fruit Salad - Another horrid one, I got a coughy throat hit from it myself
Jam Roly Poly - Really popular concentrate, personally think its really over rated, but not bad
Jammy Dodgems - Thunk this one is under rated, I dont get a biscuit but a pleasant buttery jam I can vape standalone quite happily, simple and nice
Pear Drops - Really like this one, is spot on pear drops and goes great with flavour art pear for a mix of candy and authentic pear
Rhubarb - Sweet and pleasant enough, but very very weak and many better rhubarb flavours out there

Chefs Vapours Concentrates
Fluffy Nuts - Dry coconut, not my cup of tea at all but I can see other liking this
Spotted Dick & Custard - Similar to Mrs Lords which was very popular. I really liked this one at first but tiredof it after a while

8 Likes

Who in the States is carrying Chefs Flavours?

http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/category-s/183.htm

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was just looking at these two. Is the jam and marshmallow not noticeable on the fluffy nuts?

2 Likes

Is it Chef’s Choice? Because I believe that is rebranded Cupcake World flavorings :slight_smile: Do they have Devon Cream? That’s supposedly excellent!

3 Likes

No, it’s Chef’s Vapour. And yes, they have Devon Cream. There are quite a few I’d like to try!

4 Likes

Hmmm. I dislike buying rebranded concentrates and use google docs “diy flavoring” spreadsheet to avoid potential duplicate flavors and i prefer to order direct for better pricing. Are you 100% Chefs vapours are Cupcake world? And Chefs Choice are merely One shot mixes? Do you have cupcake world flavors on hand? If so which ones do you recommend lol yes, I am a flavors addict lol

1 Like

Why would one stop carry chefs choice flavors and not order from Cupcake world if in fact they are merely rebranded flavorings? I am so confused

2 Likes

Lol WillG i got it backwards :frowning: i meant Chefs choice are cupcake world? Mystic rose thank you for heads up. Daath, they have Devon cream which is a chefs vapour flavor? Or cupcake world? Or a one shot blend? Lmfao

3 Likes

For mersonally the marshmallow was, toasted marshmallow but I didnt notice jam…then again I keep hearign people talking about the jam in FA Wow and wonder where the hell that is in it

2 Likes

Probablt due to VHM facebook group. One Stop DIY was a sponsor or guest on the group for a month and seemed very popular with the American people in the group. Chefs pop into the group regularly so decided to stock One Stop and in turn they heard about chefs flavours being popular on the group also and must have decided to stock some of there flavours

3 Likes

95% sure yes. TBH most of the chefs choice/cupcake world flavours I wouldnt recommend at all as they are mostly really really weak. Devon Cream and clotted cream fudge along with pear drops are the only ones I think are really good (and not super weak). Jam roly poly and jammy dodgems are ok too. I cant personally recommend any of the chefs vapours (there one shots) concentrates as not tried many as its not my thing but I know some of them are popular, much more so than the chefs choice/cupcake world ones.

3 Likes

Perhaps CCW are hesitant to be associated with vaping - so they let Chef’s rebrand and sell them around the world. Who knows :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Could be. But on OSDIY they have the flavors listed under just Chefs Flavours. But I do remember seeing the Devon Cream. So if that is one of the Flavours Choice/possible Cupcake World, then be careful because it’s under the same name with the Welsh Custard and Doughnut King which are One Shots I guess? I’ve been going to read reviews on the flavors that One Stop carries before buying anyway. It will be interesting to see how many end up getting picked up.

I do know they are a bit pricey, and with it not coming in smaller bottles it’s going to be a big waste like the $6 I spent on the Doughnut King. So’s y’all have to all chip in 2-3 reviews each so we can all share the loss…muahahahahaha. Hey, it sounded good to me :innocent:

3 Likes

CCW were very popular with DIY mixers and vendors long before I started mixing in the early days, but people moved on from them as they were weak and most of them not that good. They do have warnings on there site of which flavours are oil based to avoid, so happy to be associated with vending but it not there main market I think.

2 Likes

I felt like that myself with OSDIY ones on chefs when they arrived, until I realised the ÂŁ4 was for 30ml which is pretty cheap. I have purchased lucky shot, RJ4, lotta latte and licorice torpedo and have loads of stuff steeping. What are your opinions of them in the states as they seem to be popular on chefs selling out quick.

1 Like