Chef's Flavours Tasting Notes

@MysticRose because Welsh is so rich and thick and velvety smooth, I think I’ll try adding Bourbon (FLV) to it and try some type of bourbon custard recipe. I’ve been researching flavor pairings with bourbon and haven’t decided yet.

4 Likes

That sounds like a good paring. I haven’t tried the FLV Bourban, but I also think the RF Aged Bourbon Cream would be really good as well. It has a nice smokiness to it that would compliment it well.

I was thinking something with cinnamon would be good as well. I was also thinking of FLV Milk & Honey. I think your bourbon idea is great, please keep me posted :smiley:

5 Likes

FLV Bourbon is real boozy. Should cut right through the thickness of Welsh Custard for a sharp contrast (if that’s what you want).

2 Likes

Yeah, if you like bourbon that’s good for you. I can’t stand the flavor of bourbon, so that won’t work for me unfortunately.

3 Likes

Well, not in RL. Lol, I’m a lightweight.

3 Likes

Okay, it’s been awhile. A long while. I can not decide what I want to do with the Welsh. I have some Milk&Honey but not sure what that will accomplish because I’ve never tried it. Can you give me your thoughts? Being so rich I didn’t want to add something to weigh it down more. Maybe a cookie or biscuit to soak it up? :laughing: Oo, maybe Popcorn (FLV)? A lot of people say that Popcorn is a staple in their custards. Hmm, popcorn is light and airy. :thinking:

2 Likes

For me Milk&Honey always brings up this Boss Reserve clone, which I like:

Maybe that could be some inspiration.

2 Likes