Cigar Concentrates and Mixes

Good to know mine still has the regular cap on the glass bottle. Do you think we should be storing flavorā€™s in the fridge ?

1 Like

Fridge? Couldnā€™t hurt and might help! Problem isā€¦finding a place in the fridge for my 300 bottles of flavoring. :rage:

2 Likes

Wait wait waitā€¦thereā€™s ANOTHER Seven Leaves? OMGā€¦ *dies*

Link?

2 Likes

Oh, you! :wink:ā€¦donā€™t get too excited just yet! :smirk:

Just made it tonight. Iā€™ll know in a couple of weeks if the FLV Pralines was a good sub for the TPA Pralines and Cream. I left the percentages the same between the 2 flavors. Hopefully, itā€™ll translate just fine!

2 Likes

I anxiously await your conclusions! I havenā€™t tried the pralines yet but it smells really good and was pretty good in a latte. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Kinnikinnick I just got some Tuscan Reserve and Iā€™m thinking about something like a (Nutty Rum Reserve) any thoughts ?

1 Like

Itā€™s been a while since I mixed with the Tuscan, but I do remember that it was a nice cigar type flavor. I had bookmarked a recipe to make using that flavor recently.

What I do remember about the Tuscan is that the steep time of about 3 or 4 weeks was important. :wink:

But, ā€œnutty rumā€ sounds good! :grinning: I might have to experiment with the Tuscan, rum and SC Island tobacco (coconut based tobacco); seems like coconut and rum with a cigar kick would be tasty!

4 Likes

Sounds good so what is a good rum flavor ? coconut flavor ? and what % for them ?

1 Like

My choice would be INW Rum (plain, not Jamaican) and INW Cocopilada. Some favor the TPA Coconut Extra and FA Jamaican Rum.

INW Rum 1% to 3.5%
INW Cocopilada 2% to 4%

The INW Cocopilada has a bit of a pineapple note to it as well; just thought Iā€™d throw that out there, in case you hate pineapple. Itā€™s supposed to be a coconut cookie type flavor, but if your looking for the cookie, you might want to add some INW biscuit or FA cookie to the mix. :wink:

3 Likes

That looks :yum: Just have to sub the two apples with some other apple or maybe two apples :grinning:

2 Likes

The EF Two Apples Plus is a very nice, almost sweet-ish licorice/anise flavor. So, if you have that type flavor(s) in your stash, give it a go! :grinning:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so, Iā€™ve got Fuji FA, Apple (Tart Granny Smith) TPA and Capā€™s Double Apple.
Iā€™ve never used the Double Apple :blush: so Iā€™ve no idea about the flavour profile and if it has that same licorice/anise effect. I do of course have anise and licorice in my stash, which was probably what you meant with your comment, DUH :sleeping:

1 Like

Yup :wink:

My Two Apples is almost like a 2:1 licorice/anise combo; a bit heavier on the licorice than anise.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œKinnikinnick, post:68, topic:14770ā€]
a 2:1 licorice/anise combo
[/quote]I will work that in with some Fuji I think. Notes on the Double Apple are sparse but it seems to be more of a green apple and not very ripe.

1 Like

Check this one out

http://tjek.nu/r/5JTn

3 Likes

Nice, simple, donā€™t hide the tobacco recipe! :grinning:

Saw your 45 day steep note. :wink: Yup, the FA Tuscan is one for a good long steep. I found with most FA tobaccosā€¦mixā€™em and forget about them for at least a month or more. :smirk:

1 Like

Thank You ā€¦ this is the first Recipe I posted it came out pretty good. I tried it after 3 weeks but the coconut was a little strong . Let it set for 45 days and it mellowed out nicely :+1:

1 Like

Do you have INW Cocopilada or INW Rum (just plain rum)? If not, these two are very nice additives to tobacco flavors. I found it very hard to find a coconut or Rum concentrate which I enjoyed; for me, these finally foot the bill. YMMV

1 Like

No ā€¦ I will have to try them

1 Like

Cross post of @Ohm_Sweet_Ohm cigar recipe. :grinning:

2 Likes