Cigreen Gear RDA - 20ga Ti Gr1

Lol, this reminded me to check Saturdays mail. Yes, it’s about 2mm deeper than the troll and obviously larger in diameter. The air ports do eat up a significant amount of that volume though, so prolly about the same capacity.

it’s definitely a lot nicer than the troll. This thing is CNCd like crazy. It was much easier to disassemble, but I really wonder about the single tiny orings and the sharp edges. But, the orings don’tseal anything but the air path . I gave up on the troll drip tip adapter. One other nice thing about it, is it ddoesn’tand cannot spit out the air holes. IIt’s he cleanest atty in terms of use that I’ve used.

3 Likes

10mm on the Troll V2 according to the site. Freaking love that RDA and it sucks because i just started getting into tanks as they have come so far AND my most powerful mod is 75w for like 3 pulls. I want a couple more Troll V2 but i need to figure out a way to do some upgrading on the cheap before i do so.

The Troll V2 made me fall in love with RDAs again… This was actually the RDA that i was trying to show TRW in chat, I used the bot to search Google for the TV2 and the result it returned was a link to a review for this one. Damn fine looking RDA, if i can get something a little more powerful im going to grab one too.

Bigger wire holes in 2.7mm for bigger coil
Deeper deck in 10mm for hold more juice
Two different AFC options for better flavor or better cloud
AFC adjustable in chuff cap set
Just much more better
http://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-the-troll-rda-v2.html
Hehe, i love reading these Chinese websites…

2 Likes

Links to where to buy would be good brother! :wink:

1 Like

Grab one of these Troll V2s to. Fantabulous side airflow RDA. With a dual 24g 316L 3.5mm build and the horizontal airflow im getting some great flavor. And they are inexpensive.

1 Like

I have tried the Troll. It was good, but my Alliance is still the King. And yet to be skewered, poisoned, or made to commit suicide.

Oh, @therabidweasel - Did you mean to put this in the hardware review forum?

Yeah, sorry about thew wrong forum. It would appear that they are labeled incorrectly on the phone interface. Just like when I go into my profile, the buttons are all off by one place. Every single post I have made has been in the wrong dang section. This is a rare post from a computer. Luckily, I now have the super powers to change the topic!

OK, more words on this thing. First, it’s extremely open and you can cough through the thing WFO. However, when you put the coils 2mm off the airvents. it gets much tighter. Like a regular big RDA like the Alliance. I vaped it on the way to work and killed two used 18650s in 45 minutes. The flavor is really nuts. I monitored it in escribe and basically I can pull all 200W out of a LiPo Efusion for about 5 seconds. . .but its like a lung bazooka. (fire for 5s and inhale for about 3 more, this thing don’t stop quick). That’s 200W pulling TC. Average lung hits are 100W, so that is why the nick is hitting so hard. I’m hitting nearly 3x as much vapor. That said, this mod is my oldest DNA and the connector is preventing me from monitoring the temperature of the thing. Ive tried three cables and the connector is just shut. Good thing that not how you charge it, wait, doh! I’m gonna need a new connector soon. The build resistance changes as expected. . .let me see if I can log that.

So I love this RDA, it is insane and vapes mean. Really mean. But I HATE it. The design is near genius. But it must have been a moron that decided on the screws. Like a grade a, dumber-than-stump, not even the sharpest spoon in the drawer, moron. First and worst, they are coarse thread. I literally have to retighten every two or three pulls. I will drill and tap them large asap. I should ask for a refund, but I like the stupid thing. Second, they are Phillips head, so not only do you get to destroy a screwdriver, you get to do it often. I tried sticking in some 30ga just to fill the post chasms and it is working on some, so I might be able to repeat, but I would not buy this again just because of the idiot screws.

Flavor though. . .until now, Alliance if you include ease of use, Mutation xs if you don’t. . .this thing has about 3x the flavor of those two RDAs, which are roughly equivalent to me on flavor.

LV, this wasn’t meant to be a review and I did not want to recommend a seller in case these came up as crap. The screws are crap. If YOU don’t mind drilling and retapping, don’t hesitate, I bought on eBay,

One thing I have not mentioned is that this is labeled as a sample, so its the very first run. The seller is presumably legit, prolly just a dude importing directly. And they are rough like a sample with sharp edges, etc. . .so maybe they will match their enormous post holes with some decent screws by the time it comes out “for real?”

Here’s the only review that I saw when I looked originally, it was pretty good. No time for the others up.

YMMV all, enjoy

3 Likes

OK, well, I tried to monitor live ohms. . .it worked, doubled up to 0.18 on a big 200W pull, ill look tat up in steam engine for this build later, I am up way too late. But this is funny and crazy. In doing this one of the coils popped out of the legs and I got a spike of heat. . .kinda burned my lips. I look down and that huge driptip looks like a zippo lighter. I literally blew out the fire. Man, I think I am ready for my own retarded youtube channel. Nothing was damaged in the slightest, didn’t even burn my wick actually.

Bottom line, the screws on this atomizer are just plain unsafe. Do not buy it until you know it is fixed or can fix yourself, and then do buy it. . .if you are just a little crazy and don’t mind the occasional RDA fire. DO I even need to say by now that I do not recommend using anything but hemp or rayon maybe on this? Don’t wick it with crap, it sucks juice. This build is just wacky.

This is not super interesting and I believe the build was probably headed south pretty quickly during this pull, but I can assure you I now know what 200W of vapor tastes like. Its too much for me, but regulated down to <100W it’s actually very nice.

5 Likes

I’m all for you doing a YT channel. I’d subscribe to it. I’m always on the lookout for good cheap entertainment. Even if it is “hold my beer and watch this”. :smiley:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Really enjoyed that @Bearkat. Ive done more than one of those things.

ok, so I’ve discovered the crappy screws have a thread OD 1.5thou too small. Got some McMaster screws that measured slightly larger and they work great. Get M3x0.5mm 3 or 4mm long SHSS. Click link to page below:

The allen keys help clamp that big wire. I’m confident i can do 18mm. I turned mine too length because I didn’t have any shorter.

I decided with a buddy to take 0.040" out of each wall by the notch. These were clearance for longer screws.

with better electrical connection it is vaping much more tamely. I think it’s still about double the alliance dripper, which is the best I’ve tried. Switching from an Efusion Duo with 25rs to a regular Efusion you notice the LiPos hit noticeably harder. Edit: Idid not notice this with an alliance with 22ga. This thing was kind of a bitch to fix. But iI’llbe damned if it wasn’t worth it. It’s goofy with this build in it, good fun. Very intense flavor.

With better electrical connections and a little more time on my hands I have been able to log a run with TC. The REAL ohms for this build are 0.054 as measured cold in the DNA. I have the punch max at 100W for 1s and I definitely think it could take a little more. You can see how hard this build is on the battery, pulling nearly 30A after the punch. I have not retightened the screw once and I am still vaping the wick and build that had the fire :smile:

So like I said, I really like this thing, but it needs a 200W mod with this build. the VT133s and the 133 Efusion just weren’t doing it. I haven’t tried it on my Reuleaux. What I don’t like is that it was unacceptable with the screws continually backing out. The flavor is gonzo, I am still saying double the Alliance, which is still a great RDA. This thing is more of a specialty sort of thing because it hits so hard and if you don’t have access to a machine shop. . .verify that they have fixed the screw issue before buying. Soon I will take a picture of the innards side-by-side with the Troll.

1 Like

Ok, some more pics and info for @Whiterose0818, @ SthrnMixer and @LordVapor . I shorted the RDA with copper wire and found it to be 0.008 Ohms. I added this in Escribe -> mod -> electrical.

This thing has not had a single drip or leak in over a week of hard daily use. It seems to have about the same capacity as a 22mm Avacado. The vape is very different for some juices like my The Snail Trail. Notes in the recipe for those interested.

Here are pics of the modified screws and top piece. Man is this atty by far the easiest I have used.

Note the top is keyed to the bottom, so it’svery easy to tighten and remove from the mod:

Aside from putting in longer, slightly larger 2thou on the thread OD screws, I machined slots in the top to aaccommodate them. Also, I’ve found it to work better on my 200W DNAs. The 133 works well, but the 200W LiPo and Reuleaux hit a little better. YMMV. I hope this is useful.

2 Likes

Very cool. I will have to order me one and try it out. Anything with better flavor than the Alliance is a must have for sure. Wondering though… why didn’t you just grind those set screws down so they didn’t hang out so much?

1 Like

Yeah, good question. I turned 6 on the lathe without checking the top first. Then when it interfered I just hogged out the top rather than cut all the screws down further. SHSS is the way to go though, the phillips head screws it comes with are just goofy.

Side by side with the Alliance, it’s just different. It’s probably the build making the difference. But I can’t tear it apart, it just works too well already.

1 Like

I was going to say the same thing about the build. You should try that build on the Alliance. I have a clapton Ti build in mine. Holy hell its good.

Yeah, um, no way can I fit this build in an 22mm alliance. But I bet a clapton in an Alliance is amazing.

@therabidweasel

My black Gear arrived. I cannot get over how heavy it is. I can’t stop looking at the machine work inside the deck, the chimney, the logo, etc. Every piece is flawless and beatifully made. The intricate work inside the juice well is just plain ridiculous. The design is very well thought out. But the Engineer obviously didn’t care how hard it was going to be to machine it. I just about bet this was the conversation when the prints hit the shop floor…

Machinist 1 - "Rook at this crazy shit!"
Machinist 2 - "Hory Hell! We can’t make that!"
Machinist 1 - “I know. But when I tord the Engineer that, he tord me to find someone who can. Then find another job… because we’re making it!”

3 Likes

At @therabidweasel recommendation I bought one of these. As many of you may know, my foray into dripping has been brief and fraught with disappointment. There were some that I found decent and somewhat enjoyable over the past years, but non that really made me feel all the drip, drip, drip was worth it. Until @LordVapor recommended the Goon. That changed my attitude, and thus sent me down a new path of vapeventure. Fast forward to yesterday. I built the Gear and went to vaping. First pull on it and I was all like

Having used things like the Boreas, Pharaoh, Ammit Dual Coil, Kylin, heck even the original Aromamizer - these are fairly large RTAs and ones I’ve got in my arsenal, so the size of the Gear was no issue to me. For anyone who thinks the size of the Gear disqualifies it from consideration, let me say you could be missing out on something awesome.

Wife came home and was all like “you got my house looking like a night club with all this smoke. Take that thing outside!” So I did. First puff was all…

1 Like

The issue with the screws not tightening down all the way was addressed in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfbIa-paKWY
Within it an address to obtain the screws : Jason info@ciga-green.com

1 Like

I am still pretty giddy but really want to thk you for this gift and ELR community for all the help ive gotten. I realize iam used only used to 22mm rdas w/ bottom airflow and love my FS v2 but SERIOUSLY something is wrong w/ this thing! I really do think it must be possessed or something! I threw my reg build of 3x twisted 3.5 spaced @ .2 which does look small in there and after getting dizzy will have to decide to build higher or lower my nic.
I did have a prob w/ 1 of the screws not tightening, wanting to back out causing the lead to blow in the wind. I luckily had 1 to replace it but would definitely replace all of them. I have seen may reviews on how easily it will come apart since there are only 2 small o-rings holding her together. I, as always, have the opposite problem and after working it in my spare time may decide to sand the inside of the barrel. Since it is painted black, i suppose that could be the difference between it and the S.S that is too loose.
It certainly earned the respect to sit where it is now, but awaiting a heatsink adapter

Thks again!

2 Likes