Coil Building show offs!

Yep, rayon is the shizznet!

2 Likes

What is the difference in vape and ohms if it is a spaced coil? I just use regular twisted kanthal 24g but I was wondering why people do spaces?

1 Like

I really want to try this as well, when I get some smaller wire.

1 Like

I run tc temp control so spaced coils give less variances in ohms, I run low resistance builds as well, they normally ohm out around .12-.14. With tc contact coils can throw everything off, because the way the mod tells how hot the coils are is by reading the resistance and as the coils heat they can move a small amount and change the resistance which in turn will give you hardly any vape or causing the gates of hell to open.

1 Like

Spaced coils are good to eliminate hotspots. You don’t even need to pulse, fire but it is recommended just for assurance. Once I tried spacing the coils, have never gone back to contact coils. Flavor is arguably better too.

1 Like

Prep for fusing later at some point.

4x.4k1 ribbon frames staggered in 38n80

8x.4n80 centre.

7 Likes

All you need are a bunch of cars and it’d look like the 405! Cool.

i know u love my builds. 28g 6x0.1x0.4 ribbon 28g fused with 40g all ni80 :smiley:

13 Likes

Very nice brother, I’m not that talented.

1 Like

That 40 gauge wrap makes it look so smooth

yeah 40g does make coils looks really nice. tobad it´s a pain in the but to wrap :stuck_out_tongue:

I can only imagine, I had a bout of frustration with 36g ss316L earlier that ended with about 3 ft of it kinked up and in the trash lol that should teach it a lesson

5 Likes

Intricate builds are really a work of art. I spent a lot of time early on building “what was intricate back then”. Some of them performed very good and others were just duds, although they looked good.

Of a lot of these new builds out there, do you find they offer a better vaping experience over certain wire types and a simpler build?

1 Like

you should try 44g

5 Likes

Only speaking for myself, but I don’t think kanthal Clapton’s are worth the work compared to twisted SS316L, although I haven’t tried ss Clapton’s yet. I’ve been playing with 3 and 4 wires in parallel and I think that’s possibly better than twisted, at least with fruits. All the more exotic builds seem like art more than flavor, but idk lol I’m happy with ss and ti In fairly simple configurations

2 Likes

That almost looks like plain round wire lol

2 Likes

most of the fancy builds you find on instagram don’t vape very good. Like you said,they are works of art.
On the other hand, some vape very well.

2 Likes

I love looking at them lol no desire to build them though

2 Likes

I may not make jewerly as such shown here, but I do like looking at it, and admire the skill level.

3 Likes