Coil Building show offs!

I’m gonna preface this by saying FUCK!!!
THE BATTERY IN MY DRILL DIED!!! FUCK!!!
I got 3 inches done of 2x26g K wrapped in 38g Nm80 perfectly in like 4 seconds…wow…and the FUCKING battery died!!!
OK, I’m good…just gonna charge up…
But, I got dis, wow, that was most excellent!!!

3 Likes

I just got say one more: that was AWESOME!!!

3 Likes

Actually you’re forgetting your Vaper’s Etiquette. The term is now officially Vuck, I’m gonna preface this by saying Vuck…lol. That Vucking Vrill’s Vattery Vied On Me…

5 Likes

Hah! I actually chuckled at, out loud even

3 Likes

Once you get this technique down its just as simple to wrap things like framed Staple Coils, Multicore framed coils, fused claptons, claptons.

Anything that needs an over wrap can be done this way.

It takes a little while to learn exactly how and where to hold the spool, how much tension to apply to the spool and how much speed to have your drill set at.

But once you find your way you can fly through fusing in seconds.

CMJ

2 Likes

I forgot how much fun it was building coils.

3 Likes

Ah the left over wire builds.

Gotta love em.

Ordered my IPV4/S today along with 26gTi and 4x25R’s.

But also ordered 44, 42, 35, 26 and .5mm ribbon Nichrome 80.

Also ordered a Phenotype-L clone and a Silicon case for the IPV

In about 7 days I’ll be rebuilding the Billow with 26gTi for use on the IPV.

CMJ

1 Like

gotta question about the billow:
when i get to the bottom 1-2mls of juice on my billow, it all just leaks out…not when i fill it and vape on it, just when it gets low…ever heard of that?

1 Like

Actually I have experienced it. The Aspire Viva Nova does this. What is happening is you are losing pressure in the tank once your level hits the fill holes in the coil. Once your level is at the fill holes it will drop your juice.The only solution I know of is to keep the tank filled above the fill holes in the coil. If this is a RBA then maybe more cotton could help. Watch it real close and see if it starts leaking at fill hole level. I would be interested in knowing if this is happening since I have only seen this once before with Viva Nova Tanks…

3 Likes

I can’t say I’ve ever experienced it with mine.

I can run mine almost dry.

Maybe try a bit more cotton in the juice channel lip.

I think @ringling is onto the pressure dropping and it’s probably bubbling back up the juice channel as the air pressure pushes itself out the Airflow.

More cotton in the channel lip should help.

CMJ

2 Likes

it must be the wicking method I have a billow v1 and had this happen a couple times… you need to almost build a wall so juice doesn’t get to the air holes and I’ve never had it happen again… just my method?? ?

1 Like

Quite true.

I done a wicking tutorial for this tank.

Let me find it.

2 Likes

While I have your attention…you own an m80, how do you set the resistance in TC mode?

Oh that’s easy.

You don’t.

The TC function on the M80 is horseshit, it’s not actually TC. It’s an algorithm that mimics temperature control by fluctuating the wattage.

It kind of works but I would never rely on it using Ti or Ni200.

You can still get burnt hits but it does cool the vape when using Kanthal or Nichrome in temp mode.

I didn’t actually buy the M80 for TC.

I bought it for the 80w, the ability to run down to .1ohm, the mech mode that bypasses the chip to fire a build based on ohms law and the 4000mah battery life.

If you’re looking for a TC mod DO NOT BUY THE M80.

CMJ

2 Likes

Ok, gotcha…I too bought it for the huge battery and the 80w…it’s my “carry piece”…
I have plenty of other TC mods, I just dont usually carry them…guess that’s gonna change, seeing how I’m gonna try the dual rebuild on that TFV4…
And I’ll rewick that billow and see what’s up. …
And of course: good lookin out

3 Likes

Here’s a build I’ve just wrapped and put into my TWISTED MESSES 1:1 RDA.

It’s utilising
24gNm80 fused Clapton wrapped in 38Nm80 5 wrap 3mm
25gSS317L 8 wrap 3mm

Single coil .15ohms.

Enjoy folks.

4 Likes

i just put this build in my atty cube:
24gNm80 fused clapton wrapped in 34gNm80 5 wrap 2.5mm
dual coil .08ohms…absolutely amazing…warm, luscious, flavor heaven…

5 Likes

Very nice.

How did you over wrap?

The M.Terk 90 degree way?

CMJ

yes sir…i actually did a bunch of them…i went and bought an electric drill and i use that primarily to wrap…i do single and double cores, various gauges and various gauges in the wrap…some of the finer gauges can be a little tricky, but it only takes a few seconds to wrap…
i made a bunch of them, now i’m just gonna try them all and figure out where my preferences are and take lots of notes…
i really really enjoy doing it!
i have SS, Kanthal and Nichrome ranging from 22g all the way up to 42g…so if you have any recommendations, spill em, i’m listening…

1 Like

Tonight I’m hopefully going to get time to make

26gNm80 fused claps wrapped in 44gNm80

Then over the weekend I’m going to try my hand at MultiCore Framed Claptons.

30x42gNm80 lightly twisted, framed with 26gNm80 and wrapped in 44gNm80.

Basically the same build on “Prestine Builds”

Parallel wrapping some different spec creations is a good way to go.

I’m especially liking the 5 wrap fused 24/38 above paralleled with 8 wraps of 25gSS single coil was .15ohms. Dual should ohm in around 0.08.

One of my favourite builds though is
32gNm80 or 32gKa1 (the Kanthal is easier to fuse) fused with 38g then wrapped in parallel with 29gNm80 on a 2.4mm 6/5 wrap for the billow v2.

Works great on a mech or reg mod too.

You could also try your hand at an Alien Wire build (eye sight dependant) where you Clapton some 26g in 32g then stretch it out.

Then you reverse wrap that around 3x26g in parallel.

CMJ