Coil Building show offs!

Dude thats some of the best stuff you’ve put on here. Stunning work man keep it up!

1 Like

Cheers man, been a long road but I’m finally a grip on it all :wink:

1 Like

Few new pics

13 Likes

Nice looking builds bro, well done.

2 Likes

That blue shot rocks :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Cheers man :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers brother :ok_hand: yeah I was pretty chuffed with that one tbh :grin:

3 Likes

How do you like the Druga? I love building on that thing

2 Likes

Yeah it’s OK mate, not my favorite rda but deffo easy for building on for sure :ok_hand:

2 Likes

What’s your go-to?

1 Like

My go to rda is the skill, I think it’s just about perfect tbh, very good flavor and very easy to build on. My second in line is probably the goon 1.5 and then the cheetah v2

2 Likes

I really like the looks of the goon 1.5 and the skill has been getting praise from all over. Thanks for the insight!

1 Like

Have you tried the Druga? Any comparisons to the Skill? The build deck and post setup are very similar.

2 Likes

Yeah I have both, the druga is good but the skill just vapes better :ok_hand:

Sad part with the Goon 1.5 is that you can’t dial down the airflow without it starting to open up again due to a total design error on 528customs part. Could have easily been avoided with some real beta testing done before production.

1 Like

Personally I don’t vape it below half airflow anyway it would be far to restrictive.

From a builders perspective, yes there’s an obvious design flaw, most builders though build coils to fit into here for use with almost full airflow whether it’s dual or single coil setup.

The build I’m rocking in mine is a framed staple alien. 28n80 frames, 6ply .3kanthal ribbon Aliened in 40g Maniak Industries nichrome at 0.11 and its Fire with full airflow.

8 Likes

I built a DRUGA on Monday for a friend with the same build I put in the Goon1.5 and I found it just seemed to take forever to get the coils glowing evenly.

I also think those posts are not going to withstand too much abuse, the skill has some seriously chunky posts to compensate for not having solid posts etc.

The druga looks like a slight too much force and the posts are going to bend.

7 Likes

I can get that but for those who really like a restrictive airflow and the ease of building on the Goon, they are in for some difficulties.

Nice Aliens bro, i bet those are nice to vape on :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Those are clean ass coils man. I haven’t nailed down staple aliens or 40g ones yet… a few more tries and I might a pair I’m happy with :disappointed_relieved: I rock almost all my rda’s full open or close to it all the time as well. The power it takes to ramp up some of the larger builds sure makes a hot vape with tight airflow.

As far as the Druga, I can see what you’re talking about with the thin metal on the posts. So far I haven’t had an issue with it and the posts show little sign of wear since I’m mainly using downward pressure with the caps. I tug on the coils pretty hard, trying to work them into position after the caps are on tight, and I think the caps help hold the shape of the posts. The Skill definitely has beefier posts no doubt! I haven’t tried one yet but looking at getting one soon. Its a beauty

1 Like

Here’s my second attempt at 40g aliens.

Not too bad this time. My spacing was off here and there cause everytime I would breathe I would lose my angle!
3×28g Kan with 40g KD alien, .23 Ω. I managed to clamp both coils under the tiny nubbins of the center grub screws because the Peerless basically leaves no room for cotton if you use those outside post holes. It’s the special edition version I’m testing for review and so far its pissing me off with ridiculously tight o-rings. I tried changing them out with spares but its still tight as hell.

All Kan 3×28g, 36g alien. I haven’t made 36’s in a while. They vape just fine but I like 38g better. Why? I have no idea :laughing:

8 Likes