Coil Building show offs!

I might try that reverse twist.

The Clap Helix is just sitting in my box of bits for now.

I want it to be used on the SMOK M80.

I might even try using some quad twisted 32g to go into the spaces next time.

1 Like

Those wires look great.

But I know you and you’re probably not entirely happy with them yet. Lol.

Correct?

1 Like

I want to see the glow show first.

2 Likes

There’s that OCBD kicking in again. Lol.

CMJ

1 Like

I’m thinking 3 stage heating with this wire. Ni200,Tio2 and Ni80 all firing at a different rate.

2 Likes

Wow that looks great!

2 Likes

They look great guys! The CBD has been working wonders for me and i have much more range of motion in my hand that doesnt have busted fingers. Looks like i might get to try some fancy building as soon as the fingers heal.

2 Likes

I tried that twisted Clapton but I twisted too tight. I did another twisted fused also.

4 Likes

They look great!!!

J

2 Likes

Wow, doesn’t look like you need any other wick :smiley:

1 Like

I think I got it.

4 Likes

Looks even and tight. Nicely done.

Remember the helix I made yesterday that I was waiting for my M80 to come to use it.

Well I lasted all of 24hours.

5 wrap on a 2.4mm screwdriver came in at .30ohms.

Flavour is incredible even in the Mutation X.

CMJ

2 Likes

I love seeing all these coils you guys are making. I haven’t really built any fancy ones lately, mostly just single wire coils for my Subtank, nothing special but I love the way they vape. :smile:

Some day I will have to take a pic of my set up for twisting and wraping coils using my metal lathe. It’s pretty much a hands free setup that works pretty slick.

Keep on sharing those great coils.

3 Likes

Hey guys and gals in coil wrapping land.

Here’s my latest coil.

I firstly used some 26g kanthal and made a spaced fused Clapton using 38g Nichrome 80 as the wrapper.

I then over wrapped the entire fused Clapton with slightly spaced .5mm ribbon kanthal wire.

It ended up coming in a .33ohms on a 2mm ID with 6 wraps.

Here’s a collage of how she looks.

Really quite impressive flavour with this build and the ramp up is really quick, I’m thinking that’s because of the Nichrome.

Hopefully my 24g and 29g NiCr8020 will be here tomorrow along with my .5 and .8mm ribbon kanthal so I can really play around with this build.

When my M80 gets here I think I’ll try this again as a dual coil build on a 2.4mm ID with 5 wraps. Should ohm in around .15ohms then.

Enjoy.

@NewDrip @JoJo @quitter1 @mixedup1 @PIXXIEPUFFS @daath @Ken_O_Where @Shaner

CMJ

6 Likes

I tried one similar to that but I wrapped the flat wire first and then wrapped 32g over it. Very creative, Nice build CMJ!

2 Likes

30 g over 26g Clapton really quick with my new tool

its crazy easy w it took me about 5 mins total @ work can’t wait to spend some time w it

4 Likes

Cheers bud.

The idea was to create a look that was kind of a fusion between the Juggernaut by VapeStation and Transformer Coil by Vapor Hut.

It works really well but vaping it last night made me realise that it ideally needs an ID of at least 2.4mm for the wicking to keep up.

Had a couple of nice cotton only hits last night lol while the juice well still had plenty of juice.

2 Likes

Looking very nice.

Once you have a tool that helps you wrap these types of wire it’s so much easier to get creative.

Nice one @NewDrip for the Clapton tool.

J

2 Likes

Going to get my drill out tonight.

Woohoo.

I’m thinking for starters in going to put a quick tiger build into my Petri using 24g NiCr80 and .8mm ribbon kanthal.

Then once I’ve got a new coil in the Petri I can create something.

Wish me luck. Here’s hoping I don’t waste all my wire trying something that just f*cks up

1 Like

What do you think? My first time building coils in months I’ve been straight up 24g duals or parallel duals or basic claptons and twists tonight I gave this a shot

4 Likes