Coil Building show offs!

Thank you very much.

It’s like I keep saying though I can’t get enough of coil building right now.

Especially since I have 24/26/28/32 gauge kanthal in my stock.

I just like tinkering though.

Now I can’t wait until next month when I get to dedicate some £’s to my regulated box mod I just don’t know for definate which way I’m going to go though! Lol.

J

1 Like

Just had to rewrap the twisted Clapton as at 3mm ID is was too big to fit without shorting in the Mutation X lol.

J

2 Likes

What are the advantages of building these fancy coils over regular ones - other than sub - sub ohm? Faster ramp up time? Better flavor? Last longer? Fun and interesting?

You should get some 36g and ease up on the tension a bit. Also don’t clip it in 2 claptons, just bend and fold so both claptons are side by side and put the open end in the drill chuck. That way they twist a lot less. You can also untwist them while they are in the drill by holding the end with pliers and spin in the opposite direction that you wrap them. But do it slowly.

2 Likes

The 3 you mentioned and a lot more surface area to heat more juice a once. Juice get trapped in all those little grooves and you get a flavor/vapor explosion. You also have a few different temperatures going on at the same time bringing out several different flavors all once. They are just better coils.

5 Likes

@NewDrip

So I can get the twisted to fire

But initial fire sees a leg heat up first.

Problem or not?

J

1 Like

@NewDrip

Don’t worry I found the problem.

I’ve snapped the fucking leg from working it too much I think. Lol.

Aw well back to the drill I go lol.

J

2 Likes

I usually loosen the post screw and readjust until it straightens out. You shouldn’t clip your leads until you get coils just right.

1 Like

So I unwrapped a little and it’s firing lovely!

I’m about to wick it.

I left my legs on this time.

I got it firing fine before but I had to manipulate it to get it to fit once the rda cap went on and in the process worked it too hard and snapped a leg.

All good now.

.24ohms!

J

2 Likes

@NewDrip
@Joya

See the juice explosions that @NewDrip was talking about.

2 Likes

Right now im using a clapton that ND sent me, titanium wrapped with 36g Kanthal. The flavor is amazing and the ramp up is very quick. Im tasting notes i never noticed before with even twisted 316L. Love it!

4 Likes

I was telling @MixedUp1 about the Titanium just now.

2 Likes

I absolutely love it so far. VERY clean flavor. Cant wait for my roll to get here.

1 Like

I wonder if it increase flavor or just the fact that you don’t taste metal at all.

1 Like

Little cloud picture of the twisted 24/32 clap.

So I wrapped the fused with parallel 24/32 and it came out reading 0.03ohms and I was like WTF so I cut it out of my deck.

Then after cutting it out I tried testing some of my other decks an they were reading really screwed up.

So I figured something was off.

After investigating I noticed the silicon insulator from the centre pin on my ohm reader was off.

I’ve since reattached the silicon insulator but I can’t believe I took out the fused parallel build before I actually knew what it read lol.

Lesson learned lol.

New ohm meter for me soon.

J

2 Likes

That is a question i cannot answer tho you are right, even with 316/317 there is some metal taste. But there is a lot more surface area here too, perhaps that is an illusion but it seems so to me. This is an 8/7 wrap @ .2ohms single coil. As you know, im a custard connoisseur but even i havent tasted noticed flavor like this before.

I was at a vape shop called Vape Scene in Fiblanida today and they had just gotten some titanium wire in this week. Sadly they hadnt played with it yet as i wanted to discuss it. I had two setups, both Plumes, one with this clapton and one with a twisted 26g 316L build at the same resistance. The owner and i sat and vaped my blueberry custard and both preferred the titanium clapton build. MUCH cleaner flavor.

2 Likes

Regardless either way, Titanium is the way to go. I have 150 ft minus about 20 ft. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hehe. 20ft!! Damn man, i so wish i could wrap coils without the pain. I have to agree, i love the titanium so far. Im going to install this in all my RDA’s tomorrow. Mine should be here Tuesday or Wednesday but there is enough to build at least 3 more coils. Might even try to put this in my Subtank Mini.

2 Likes

I mounted stags in my Mutation X v2 today. GLOWSHOTS!!!

16 Likes

Now i dont get most art, i consider much art to be crap. But that there is art, ND. Beautiful!

6 Likes