Coil Building show offs!

@Pro_vapes tool is a great one.

Once you get it all to hold together effectively you can anchor the wire using swivels etc and allow the tool to do the work for you, allowing it to hang below the wire and it will pretty much wrap the wire the whole distance by itself.

@Pro_vapes had perfected it that much he was pretty much able to create spools of Clapton wire!!!

Another thing I find helpful using swivels is to use more than just one.

Sometimes you can get a snag if you only use a single swivel this gives you no fail safe.

I actually use around 10 swivels.

Mainly due to the finer gauges of wire are a lot easier to twist even using swivels so the more swivels used with the finer gauges helps to stop them twisting up as you wrap them.

Itā€™s such good fun making these wires and builds and Iā€™m glad you have started to create these wires yourself.

My only worry is that this week Iā€™m ordering an IPV4/s and some 24g Ti and i pretty much know that my building days will be over if @Pro_vapes and everyone else is correct about the flavour achievable from a good TC mod.

But just to keep my building head on Iā€™m also buying a Dimitri clone Parallel Mech Box and a load more 25Rā€™s. Lol.

CMJ

2 Likes

That is sick !!!

1 Like

My boss buildā€¦ 22g Ti Grade 1, 8 wraps on a 2.5mm coil jig @ .14 ohm. Itā€™s crazy, but it stands up to and out perform any clapton build I ever made. Ti is simplicity magnified.

3 Likes

Also wanted to add:
I went to a very large sporting good store to find my fishing lure swivelā€¦they had several brands to choose from and many sizes in each brandā€¦there were several different quality brands to choose from and the higher quality (more expensive) brands were of obvious better quality as the swivel had a very nice barrel type swivel that spun very much more freely than the lower quality swivelsā€¦I just wanted to share that in case other people had options and werenā€™t sure which to getā€¦
Definitely go with the higher quality! Itā€™s worth the extra $4-6 dollars!

1 Like

AND:
I know what you mean about the SS and Ti coils out performing the claptons and other various builds and that the desire to create these magnificent builds may waneā€¦but! Alas. I have just begun! I still very much want to create with my hands and funny you should say you ordered a parallel mech modā€¦so did i, just 2 days agoā€¦I ordered a cherry bomber v2 mech modā€¦2 x 18650 and a switch to go from series to parallelā€¦
Rock on, brother!

2 Likes

Just a warning about the cherry bomber.

If metal touches the casing (if youā€™ve chosen a metal cased bomber) then it will fire.

So be careful of keys/coins etc in pockets.

Iā€™m kind of thinking that my coil building will still remain even after jumping on the Ti wagon.

I just enjoy it immensely.

The worrying thing for me is if the taste of the coil builds becomes too metallic due to the Ti that it might put me off building.

Unless I can find some fine grade Ti too. Lol.

As for the swivels, I only bought the cheap shit on Amazon, Ā£1.50 for like 40 or so swivels.

CMJ

1 Like

Well, I will heed your warning on the cherry bomber, I plan on leaving it at home and using it for building and drippingā€¦
And I am with you on the buildingā€¦I completely and thoroughly enjoy the build and will continue to do so!
As for the swivels: take your ass down to a large sporting good store and go straight for the fishing department. ā€¦locate the swivels and immediately set your eyes on the nice swivelsā€¦find a helper if need beā€¦they spin so much more freelyā€¦
Gotta question: in spinning claptons, is it definitely worth my time to choose and make and use one of the methods out there to simplify the process? For example, Pro_Vapes clapton tool?

1 Like

If you can get the tool to do the work for you during wrapping so that you donā€™t have to hold it in place then this would help you to not have to squint to see where you are wrapping.

If you have some pippettes lying around itā€™s worthwhile trying to knock one up just to see.

Takes about 10 mins.

I used to use one but since doing the 90 angle wrapping I donā€™t bother any more.

90 degree wrapping?? Not sure I followā€¦
Then how do you wrap?

And yeah, Iā€™ll be putting one together just to.see what itā€™s about

Prestine Builds on YouTube.

Is M.Terk from Instagram.

Wrapping fused claptons on the videos on the channel he uses the swivels and holds the spool in his hands at a 90 degree angle or just under and the wire naturally falls in place as the wire turns in the drill/swivel.

The same can be done for single core claptons too.

You are halfway there already with your setup.

The only thing you need to do is get the wrapping started and then hold the spool close to your body and follow it down the core as it wraps itself.

CMJ

Ima head on over to YouTube and get that in my life, brbā€¦
Also:
Gotta new prescription for my glasses. After confirming what I already knew, that my close-up, near, detail vision is considerably worseā€¦so ive been given a prescription for bifocalsā€¦
Woo hoo!! Glasses will be in this weekā€¦Cant waitā€¦
Iā€™m headed over to YouTube

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a kind of picture.

You can see the spool in my hand.

On the right of the pic you can see the chuck of my drill.

My swivels are attached to the frame on the dry wipe board.

CMJ

2 Likes

Yeah, I just completely absorbed both videos on that channelā€¦I am strickenā€¦I must do thisā€¦MUST.do.this.
Total thanks for the shareā€¦and it works?? No problems?? Just hold it at 90Ā° angle or less and roll with it??? Wow, Iā€™m fuckin on it!! Corded or cordless?? I have a cordless now, but you can bet your assume ill have a corded one tomorrow!

1 Like

I use a cordless 18V on setting 1.

Initially as long as you stay just ahead of where itā€™s wrapping you wonā€™t get any over lap.

Then as you gain more confidence doing it this way youā€™ll remain just slightly behind the wrap to keep the wraps as close as possible.

I just made about 18" of 24gNm80 wrapped in 38gNm80 and stopped to take that picture above for you.

Hereā€™s some of what Iā€™ve just created using it.

5 wrap on a 3mm before dry firing was 0.09ohms.

After firing itā€™s still 0.09ohms.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m impressedā€¦
So Iā€™m sitting here thinking at those speeds with thinner core wires you might just very well need an additional swivel, even as free spinning as mine areā€¦But my swivels donā€™t come apartā€¦ill have to attach bring to themā€¦
Iā€™m gething ready to do thisā€¦brb

1 Like

Good luck buddy.

Iā€™ll be heading off to bed soon as its 1250am here and I got work at 8am.

Keep me posted.

CMJ

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna preface this by saying FUCK!!!
THE BATTERY IN MY DRILL DIED!!! FUCK!!!
I got 3 inches done of 2x26g K wrapped in 38g Nm80 perfectly in like 4 secondsā€¦wowā€¦and the FUCKING battery died!!!
OK, Iā€™m goodā€¦just gonna charge upā€¦
But, I got dis, wow, that was most excellent!!!

3 Likes

I just got say one more: that was AWESOME!!!

3 Likes

Actually youā€™re forgetting your Vaperā€™s Etiquette. The term is now officially Vuck, Iā€™m gonna preface this by saying Vuckā€¦lol. That Vucking Vrillā€™s Vattery Vied On Meā€¦

5 Likes

Hah! I actually chuckled at, out loud even

3 Likes