Coil Building show offs!

Firstly as @daath has pointed out, before TC mods were here these types of builds were the best way to achieve great flavour.

The more surface area = more boiled juice = more flavour = more vapour.

Now don’t get me wrong my ADV build is the TF-R2 22gTi spaced coils 6ish wraps 0.06ohms. Flavour/warmth/vapour it ticks all the boxes.

When I first bought my Ti I was struggling to get decent warmth from a build. I had 26gTi and 29gTi.

I saw wiretheory on Instagram post an alien coil Ti build and thought I had to try it.

So I made an alien coil out of 26 and 29 Ti single coil at 0.08ohms and it worked with TC.

Warmth/flavour and vapour were all there in abundance.

When I questioned @Pro_vapes about the lack of warmth he mentioned super sub using 22g.

So I dabbled and I must say he was spot on.

Personally I don’t taste a great amount of metal vaping Nichrome80 which I tend to use the most these days.

I do agree that it’s not the cleanest flavour but I find its more muted than metallic.

I make these builds because I enjoy it.

I’ve made a few intricate builds for RTA tanks too such as the TFV4 and the billow v2.

I have friends that still have wattage only mods so they enjoy the builds too.

It’s more now about artistic vision than about actually using them.

Although I only actually have Ti in my RTA’s all my drippers have intricate builds in them as I still enjoy using a mech almost daily.

Now.

From my own understanding you can use Ti core wires and Nichrome80 wrapping wire to create builds for TC use.

Soon I’m going to delve into s Ti Nichrome80 staggered fused Clapton just to see if it still works with TC.

Hipe this answered some of your QandA session.

CMJ

1 Like

Yes, more than adequate answer. I appreciate the time you took to compose it! And like you right after @Pro_Vapes posted that about the dual 22ga Ti I rushed to gets some and yes, he was right on the money. It kills me to think I may be cheating myself but you’ve settled my mind that I’m not missing out. Even still I do love yours and others coil build pix. They are art for sure.

1 Like

You’re definately not cheating yourself out of anything.

The operative word in my text above was that I still enjoy using a mech “almost” daily. I didn’t say every day. Where as now I don’t think I could go a single day without vaping Ti in one way or another.

The flavour difference with Ti is just phenomenal.

So rest assured with 22gTi around 0.05-0.08ohms you most definately aren’t cheating yourself.

CMJ

1 Like

Put together a build the other night on a dripper…forgot I had pix to share…lets see if I can remember what I did…
24g Ni80 wrapped with 34g Ni80 I think, parallel with 24g 316l SS…on 3mm ID, 6/5, don’t even remember the ohms…I put it in my heavens/hells RDA and put that on my cherry bomber…I’ve been having throat/lung/cough problems and have been avoiding moist/damp/wet Vapor…anyway, here’s some pix:

That last picture is untouched and coulda looked better if I had pulsed/fired properly and edited the saturation, but, I was wanting to hit it, so I rushed through it, lol…

5 Likes

Wow! Nice work!

2 Likes

OK…found an app, did a quick saturation, now I have this:

Looks a little better…

3 Likes

Dang I’m a genius.

D’Addario sells premade clapton coils, 4 to a pack in various sizes, Steel with bronze and each are over 3’ long.

LOL I’m in a rare mood today :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Specs on my instagram: http://www.online-instagram.com/user/stisher.gdo/1742367459

1 Like

Sweet build.

We’re already following each other on IG.

I’m COILBUILDERJ

CMJ

1 Like

Couple of pics from last nights build.

26gNm80/26gNm80/42gNm80 fused Clapton
26gKa1/38gNm80 Clapton

6/5 wrap on a 2.4mm

Not mounted at present.

3 Likes

Couple of pics.

Last nights build fired.
0.09ohms

And tonight a surface area build
10 wraps of 24gNm80
9 wraps of 26gNm80
Dual coil 2.5mm .12ohms

3 Likes

wow…you got some crazy colors out of that firing…good stuff, brother!

2 Likes

Cheers bud.

Had to fire it on my mech.

Build was initially too low to fire on the IPV4

Then cheeky couple of saturation edits and bam beautiful colours.

CMJ

1 Like

Love them mate. Work’s top notch :ok_hand:

1 Like

Here’s some pics from last nights build.

3x26gNm80 cores with 35gNm80 alien wrap.

5 wraps dual coil 2.4mm 0.09ohms.

8 Likes

Works of art mate, works of art👌

2 Likes

That’s gotta be your best looking yet! drool

2 Likes

Last nights build.

2x24gNm80 core 35gNm80 wrapper
Para 24gNm80
Single coil 0.09ohms
2.4mm

5 Likes

Nothing fancy as I’m a newbie so store bought clapton…

Greetz
Tom

6 Likes

Welcome Tom.

Sweet pics.

CMJ

2 Likes