Coil Building show offs!

Yeah ok then. £100 per coil lol. Joking.

Seriously. I don’t want anything for them.

CMJ

2 Likes

Last night’s coil build…

A little sloppy with the spacing but oh Lord they vape good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

That 50 mm macro is just awesome looking!

2 Likes

She’s Allright… It’s just a cheap Sigma lens… And an old beat up canon eos 400.

I can’t wait to get better at coil building… But it’s going slow but steady. Got to have better photo models :smile:

BTW… Does anyone have some good tutorial links for advanced coil builds?

You can look me up on Instagram… vapingtom75

Got inspired by @Jondamon awesome work last night so I decided to be brave today and up my game a bit, even though I don’t have a drill.

So everything done by hands

4 Likes

You’re gonna get hooked.

3 Likes

Already am @Pro_Vapes :raised_hands:

Those were just for fun… 0.03ohm hehe the zipper one was triple twisted 26g and the parallels were hexa twisted 32g and triple twisted 26g.

But this one is in my mutation… Came in at 0.4 ohm and is chucking it :joy:

2 Likes

I made a few back in the day. I retired and @Jondamon has elevated it far beyond anything I ever made.

Double and Triple twisted…

A couple others…

4 Likes

Awesome brother… It’s just like making flys for fly fishing. Calms you down after a long day :wink:

I did a single coil with the parallel twisted and I’m normally a dual guy and I was thoroughly impressed

3 Likes

@Dave_ward

Throw me a DM with your Address dude.

These should ohm out as a dual coil around .15ohms.

2x26gKa1 cores with 35gNm80 alien wrap.

8 Likes

@Jondamon. Hi mate. Just to let you know i got my christmas card you sent today with those awesome coils in. They look amazing mate. I’ll take my time and fit them properly and post some pic’s when im done.
Thank you once again bud, your a diamond. Very much appreciated Thank you. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Did they make it undamaged?

And you’re very welcome buddy.

They were wrapped on 2.4mm driver 2.5mm for mounting will work without issue.

CMJ

2 Likes

Yes they got here in perfect condition my friend just seen the card in the post box when i woke up today. They were packed well. Can’t wait to get them up and running. :smile:
Thanks again mate. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::dash::dash::dash::dash:

2 Likes

@Jondamon

Done mate and thanks so much honestley cant thank you enough. If i can return the favor somehow please let me know

I have ordered Nichrome wire, some ball bearing swivels and a cordless dril :raised_hands:

Thanks for the inspiration @Jondamon :wink:
Also have been watching a lot of tutorials and even practicing some twisted ones by hands.

Let’s see if I can vape my Christmas juice with some cool coils :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

i use these swivels personally…the handle any speed you put on them, without a single flaw…i mean it. they never bind up, they never kink, you dont have to double them up, they are extremely efficient…they are a few dollars more, but i assure you, completely worth it…usually you can get a box of 10-20 for the price of just one of these, but its worth it…

@Jondamon i meant to share this find with you before, but i forgot…i can use these with my corded electric drill at full speed and they keep right up…these things are pretty sweet…

lemme know if you guys get these…i wanna hear your thoughts…

These are what I use now.

Number 6 110lb snap hook swivels.

2 Likes

did ya take my advice? did you go with the better swivels? cuz those look much nicer than the ones you used to use…
not tryna whore attention, i just like to know what drives people…
when i make wire, which hasnt been very often here lately, i just use one of these swivels…they handle all speeds!

110lb…yeah, i noticed the swivels rated for large fish allows you to really pull on the drill to get more stability

1 Like

I always knew I needed better swivels.

I took a drive to a local fishing tackle shop and managed to find some better ones than I was using but they still weren’t brilliant.

They got the job done don’t get me wrong which were a lot better than the original ones I was using.

These are another level again.

I quite honestly think I could use one single swivel and have at with drill on full speed.

But I like fail safe.

These swivels only arrived yesterday.

CMJ

1 Like