Coil Building show offs!

Zippered Claptons? Thinking out of the box. Good looking build @Dan_the_Man!

5 Likes

very nice work man :grin::thumbsup:

2 Likes

@BoyHowdy It is called a zipper coil
@Pro_Vapes and @Pugs1970 thank you very much!

6 Likes

that must have taken some time and patience very impressive

3 Likes

I need to check the zipper coil out , it looks like a flavor maker!

1 Like

@BoyHowdy ya the way i made it most definately. Basically what you do is twist some wire one way, whether it be 2 or 3 strands or even a staple. then take the exact thing and twist it the other way, put them together and coil it.

4 Likes

Kinda like macrameing coil wire :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right off the bat let me say this----- I am not a master builder nor do I think this is worth showing off… BUT!!! I did promise to show @Dan_the_Man how I made out with the Clapton Jig he so kindly sent me for free.

Getting everything ready for my first go at this.

For my first ever attempt using this jig I made a 22g SS 316L core wrapped with 38g SS 316L.

Here is a shot after I got set up and figured out the proper tension.

A wider shot and you can see the first few inches were a disaster but once I got the tension right it just went on at full speed of the drill.

Now the finished product thru a magnifier. My camera would not focus on the wire with enough detail any other way.

I have tried several times in the past to learn how to make claptons by hand and never could get it right. In my opinion for a first ever attempt with this jig I think it turned out pretty good. The magnifier makes it look funny but the nice wrapping you see in the center is what the whole piece looks like.

I am off to practice some more and fine tune the work area I set up.

Thanks Dan I really like this Jig.

14 Likes

@wvsanta Awesome!!! I am so glad you got it working. Nice coil. You are very welcome. I am glad you are getting some use out of it

3 Likes

When it comes to my vaping, I find what I like and I stick with it. Over the last 2 years Ive tried all kinds of crazy builds using a variety of wires. Personally, I love Helix wire, twisted wire and the occasional clapton. Here are some of my recent builds.

From left to right:
Staggered Fused Helix Clapton
Fused Clapton
Tidal Wire
Mirror Wire (Not sure what else to call it)

Staged Heating Clapton

Triple Twisted 28g

And Finally

28/32g Helix wire

Not terribly difficult to make but I love these builds. Great flavor and vapor production.

5 Likes

Throw these nice builds in this thread.

Dear @JoJo when you get a chance please merge this into the coil build thread please…with a cherry on top lol

1 Like

As a matter of fact very much like it. We use some of the same tools. :grinning:

1 Like

Anyone Know?

Is it possible to make spaced coils with the Coilmaster Coil Jig?

Yes you can.

Cut two pieces of wire and put one in each of the holes in the base (near the winding stick) then wind as normal take the duel coil off the stick and unscrew them from each other.

Hard to explain but i can do a few pics if you don’t get what I mean

1 Like

I think i understand, wrap them into themselves so they space eachother out?

yup exactly

Here is one way

Not bad.

Another way is to use the jig without the cap thing. Do hand wind with the spacing more then you aim for. Slide the coil off and slide back on but the other way around. Then with the cap press the coil together. This works for me. Evens up your and wind.

I had a video I learnt that from but can’t find the link. Ill keep looking for a little bit and see if I can find it again. It was from a link in this forum.

1 Like

Oh yeah parallel wraps split open. That’ll do it nice. There’s 3 methods now. I’ll have to try the way the guy does it in the video above too.

Thing is making me angry cant get it to post. oh well looks like there are plenty of examples now anyway

1 Like