Coil Building Wire Choices

Excellent idea ! Just PM what ya need or I can make it & send it to ya.

4 Likes

The velocity has great air control. You can take it all the way down to literally nothing so you can switch off between MTL and lung. Best RDA I have IMO.

2 Likes

Nice ! Thank you I pretty much was going to learn to build on it but figured I may never like the draw off of it. Sweet :smile:

1 Like

20% OFF wire at Lightning Vapes

1 Like

Hi, I am a newbie ( 4 months ) trying to learn from this forum and I am very impress with your Clapton wire making. I tried making a few times but the secondary wire is never uniform and have given up but buy ready made Clapton wires. The problem is, I find it difficult to purchase the exact configuration that I require and also most of the Clapton wires that I buy are really filthy with machine oil and cleaning a Clapton wire is never easy.
Some tips from you would help a trying newbie.

1 Like

Only to glad to help.
First of all you need to sorce your wires, i get mine from here:- http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/products/Vaping-Wire.html
I’m in the UK, if your elsewhere, I’m sure someone will jump in with a good wire sorce.
To make a single core clapton, i would suggest a 26g inner core with a 32g outer core.
My advice to you would also be to get hold of some swivels, you can get them from fishing stores or EBay,
Same as these ones :-

There 150lb pull. Then join some together like i have at the bottom there. Fix one end of your swivel’s, i use a screw in a peice of wood and clamp the wood to a table and hook the swivel over the screw.
Get a length of your 26g wire and fix it to the end ring by looping it through and twist it round itself.
Cut your 26g to length , 12-16inches. Fix the end into one of the jaws in your drill, also trap the end of your 32g in there aswell if you can but make sure the 26g is coming straight out the centre of the chuck, then , slowly start your drill, keeping tension on your 26g to keep it straight, and start to wrap.
The wrapping spool needs to be about 12-16 inches away from your core wire, but you need to keep it at 90 degrees to the core wire. Doing this will help you to guide the wire into place and you’ll find the wire actually self guide’s,as long as you keep the wrapping wire at 90 degrees to the core wire.
To do a fused clapton, (2 core wires) you just loop your wire through the ring and fix both ends into your drill along with your wrap wire, again making sure both core wires come out of the centre of the chuck.
Start your wrap slowly to start with and once you get it going you can speed up, theres no rush to do this, speed comes with practice.
However someone on this forum has came up with an idear that might intrest you. @Phill is in the process of making several jigs to do just this very thing and alot more. He’ll pop by and give you a word on it i think. But i hope what ive told you is useful and if you need any help or you got more questions, just ask. Were all here to help. :yum:
Also I’ll add this link and you can follow the whole thread about clapton making.
The Clapton Tool
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you for your response, the method you mentioned above is something like I saw on Youtube presented by Grimm Green and I remember seeing another presentation from someone who uses a ball point pen ( without the inside point refill) in place of the pipettes.

I am already using swivels like you and I got it nailed onto a block of wood and I clamp this piece of wood down to the table with a G clamp. Its just that I cant get it as uniform as you. I sometimes have too wide interval spacing or sometimes it overlaps. OK, will try again.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s just practice practice practice. It all comes together in the end. Hopefully I’ve helped, anything else just gis a shout. :+1:

1 Like

Just thought I’d add, i find it more forgiving, if you can keep the wrapping spool a good bit away from your core wire, so any slight variation on the 90 degree, doesn’t back wrap or run forward. Just a tip. :yum:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, already setting up my work bench to try again.
Cheers

3 Likes

Thank you @BoyHowdy for the care package ! Best birthday gift of the day ! You took such precious time to wrap me coils and to label them so as I don’t blow myself up :wink: I appreciate it to the moon & back they all arrived safe & sound !

8 Likes

Happy birthday? lol
@BoyHowdy is a saint :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you !

@BoyHowdy should get a Badge @JoJo " Giving Heart " he literally wrapped several style coils and labeled them. There must be a dozen tanks here close to it anyhow.

2 Likes

I second that motion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Totally would if I could. But I can’t. :frowning:

EDIT: Meant to add that the badges are fixed. I can give and revoke badges, but only the ones that ‘come with’ the forum. It’s not like titles where I can add custom ones. But that’d be cool! Maybe an update will give that option. :wink:

3 Likes

I understand :frowning: you can only do what ya can and you do more than enough !

2 Likes

Thank you ,I hope you have a great birthday and can use some of the tanks.
I appreciate all the juice you sent @Amy2 , Thank You!

3 Likes

Maybe @daath could… https://meta.discourse.org/t/grant-a-badge-to-individual-users-manually/29426

…if that’s an option in this version :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No need for any badges , countless others on here have given much more than I. I just forwarded things that I no longer used and as far as the coils I am just giving what was given to me .I was lucky and had a person right beside me showing what needed to be done.I just sent extras to help @Amy2 get started in the right direction.
The vast majority of people that think they know me would laugh at that title.Most would say that I am an ass on my good days!:grinning:
I will always be as nice as anyone let’s me or as mean as they make me.This forum and the vibe it has brings out the good in people and I hope it always will.

6 Likes

I know this thread is about coil wire, however what about the coils we build with this wire.

Clapton wire coils I watched how to do on you tube. Great figured that out…cool. What’s next I thought. Browsed around and so many more to try and build kind of went into overload.
In my world I learn best by touching and holding things so went to Fast Tech to check out pre made coils. Not your everyday traditional coils but the ones like the veterans use on here. Here’s what I found…

1. 4152501 Authentic Vapesoon Mix Twisted Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (10-Pack) 26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.2mm*0.8mm flat / 0.45ohm 2
    https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10019690/4152501-authentic-vapesoon-mix-twisted-pre-coiled-wires
  2. 4152502 Authentic Vapesoon Flat Twisted Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (10-Pack) 0.2mm0.8mm2 flat / 0.36ohm 2
    https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10019690/4152502-authentic-vapesoon-flat-twisted-pre-coiled-wires
  3. 4152503 Authentic Vapesoon Twisted Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (10-Pack) 226 AWG / 20.4mm dia. / 0.36ohm 2
    https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10019690/4152503-authentic-vapesoon-twisted-pre-coiled-wires-for
  4. 4152504 Authentic Vapesoon Twisted Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (10-Pack) 224 AWG / 20.5mm dia. / 0.2ohm 2
  5. 4152505 Authentic Vapesoon Quad Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (10-Pack) 284 AWG / 0.32mm4 dia. / 0.36ohm 2
    https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10019690/4152505-authentic-vapesoon-quad-pre-coiled-wires-for
  6. 4152506 Authentic Vapesoon Tiger Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (10-Pack) 26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.2mm*0.8mm flat / 0.36ohm 2
    https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10019690/4152506-authentic-vapesoon-tiger-pre-coiled-wires-for
  7. 4152508 Authentic Vapesoon Clapton Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (10-Pack) 2632 AWG / 0.40.2mm dia. / 0.85ohm 2
  8. 4152509 Authentic Vapesoon Clapton Pre-Coiled Wires for Rebuildable Atomizers (10-Pack) 2432 AWG / 0.50.2mm dia. / 0.5ohm
    https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10019690/4152509-authentic-vapesoon-clapton-pre-coiled-wires-for

Had the coils in my hand for a couple weeks to use as examples to learn how to make myself. Guess what? Some are so labor intensive I’ll just purchase or not use. The rest have been fun and interesting to set up and play with.
Man going thru some wire.

Check a few out pretty cool.

1 Like