Coil Master vs Geek Vape 521 Tab

I’ve been thinking of getting the Coil Master 521 Tab, but would like to know if others like the Geek Vape 521 is better (“better” isn’t really the proper word of course).
Just curious on if anyone uses one of these products, if they like them, or wish they had the other one. To me I am leaning towards the Coil Master, it being a taller building platform, appears to be a smaller “footprint”, I believe it’s usb rechargeable, and it not being glossy black but matte.

2 Likes

Been looking myself so I’ll follow this thread. Be interesting to see what transpires.

Got the coil master521 for a Christmas present. Wonderful present. Been using it ever since. Having a platform to build on is very nice. Dry burn to set the coils… Check resistance… Wick…juice then test rda is much more pleasurable to do. Have not used the separate attachments or the usb charger. I would highly recommend the coil master 521. Have no experience with the Geek Vape 521.

I’ll be watching this thread too as I’m looking at getting into building myself and when I get into something new I like to research and gather all the “needed” gear so I can start off right.

2 Likes

Have been using SS for TC. It is a big advantage to use a separate device to clean coils ( for me a coil master) you need wattage mode to clean coils. This way don’t have to change settings on your tc mod. Clean coils … Rewick and put back on tc mod. Keep it simple works for me.

I haven’t used the GeekVape, but I have two CM v2’s since they came out last year. The v2 is just an upgrade from the original, and maybe the only change is the rubber feet, I don’t remember.
I build on it [just single .7ohm and 1.2ohm]. One I use as a desk mod, the other has a KP long barrel to test flavors.
You can’t adjust the wattage, but it works [whatever it’s set at] and the battery lasts for weeks without re-charging.
The CM’s were $39,99 when I bought them, and I see the GeekVape is $29. I like the fire button near the edge and it’s elevated [easy to grip-fire-vape] and I like the rocker switch on the side. I guess either would be fine…I can’t imagine not having the CM to build on now that I’ve used it so much. The unit is about 1 7/8" tall x 2 3/4"wide x 3 5/16long and the round build deck is about 5/16" above the housing.

2 Likes

Mini USB charge port is on the front, rocker switch is on the right side towards the front.
I have never charged it with a cable, just switch out the 18650 that I charge on a i4 Intellicharger.

1 Like

I went on and purchased the Coil Master Tab ($41.99 via Amazon including Prime shipping). Thought if nothing else I can cuss out my window when I travel back thru Nashville in a couple of weeks on my way back home lol.
I do have a question concerning something you’ve written though @ozo are you saying that you fire the CM with your atty attached and vape it to test your mixes?

if anyone else is looking into the geek vape 521…I just watched this. Thanks again to @Whiterose0818 for the heads up on djlsb reviews/channel.

Been thinking of getting one myself. I like the Coil Master better than the Geek. The Geek is sleek and shiny, but I like the layout and other options of the CM. Just waiting for the price to drop a bit first.

1 Like

I recieved the coil master 521 tab V2 about a month ago and I can’t believe i went this long without having one to build on. There are two main reasons why I would buy the CM 521tab over the GV 521tab
#1 being the GV has a shiny finger print magnet finish and #2 is that the CM has attachments to check voltage drop from your device to your atomizer. As well as alligator clips to check the resistants of whatever you want. All and all I personally think that the CM 521tab V2 is definitely the way to go.

2 Likes

Yes, you can use it as a desk mod.
I don’t know what wattage it is, not very high, but it works.
These were like hens teeth last year, I’m glad you found one, I waited 5 months.
Here is a clear description of the box:

1 Like

I use the CM 521 to test my flavors, not my mods, until I am ready to put the juice in tanks.
I don’t know how it would work on a monster 8 coil build FOR A DESK MOD, but a single or dual coil works fine
because that is all I have tried/use. Building, testing flavors, and 20-25 hits a day as a desk mod [because I mainly use my Kanger’s] the battery lasts for weeks somehow. Not sure what it would do with bigger builds, different wire, for battery life.
One difference between the two [CM vs GV], not that it matters to most, the CM has a 4 digit display, the GV has 3.
If the CM 521 didn’t exist, I would buy the GV 521 just for the ease of build platform. I can’t even imagine not building on the CM 521 [I’ve had them since about last September]
Here is a list of videos from CM’s website: (click on ‘video review’ in the red/black toolbar)

Edit: This is off-topic, but since we are talking about CM…
I can’t remember where someone was discussing the Coil-Master Jig. The v1-v2-v3 can be a bit confusing, and pertains to each product individually. I may have mis-spoke saying the latest CM Jig was v2 with the longer mandrels…
IT IS THE V3…and the v3 coil jig comes in the V2 TOOL KIT…make sense?

1 Like

If it can help, I’ve reviewed the Geekvape Tab not too long ago.

3 Likes

Great review, well done Brother.
Looking at the specs on the box, it doesn’t ‘state’ whether it can be used as a ‘desk MOD’, can it?

It can be vaped, if that’s what you mean. The firing functionality will fire down to 0.1ohm and give you around 33W.

2 Likes

Here’s the Coil Master for $30.95

2 Likes

Yes, it was my question.[for the GV521]
I think it is great to know…for comparison between the two.

Thanks @SirRisc

1 Like

Awesome !!