Cole-Bishop Amendment....dead

Thought of you @MisterSinner when I saw that.

3 Likes

Got this in an email just now from directvapor.com. Just copied the email to post as there wasn’t a web link provided. Anybody know of this extension they speak of?

THIS IS IT! WE NEED EVERYONE TO FOCUS!

easy as 1-2-3

The Vapor Technology Association (VTA) has met with senior leadership at the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and presented a strong case for why vape shops and manufacturers need relief from the current deeming regulations.

Congress has now extended the continuing resolution by 1 week, which means you have a few more days to let Congress hear from you! The Cole-Bishop Amendment is only a few inches away from the finish line, and it needs your help to make the strongest final push.

Make Your Voices Heard!

Your representatives in the House and Senate need to hear from you. Every Vaper, Vape Shop Owner & Manufacturer, please take a few minutes TODAY to help save vapor!

Vapor Technology Association

VTA is offering you 3 ways that you can make your voice heard

Email your Congressmen and senators
Tweet your Congressmen and senators
Call your Congressmen and senators

YOU CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN! Share with everyone!

1 Like

Was there a date on the email?

no. just the vendor logo and the usual facebook twitter logos. my mailbox received it today at 3:07 PST. Think they may have sent it a week late?

In related news:

3 Likes

It’s possible it was a late email.

I don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer… but, the guys and gals on both sides of the isle care about vaping as much as the price of pickles on the third shelf down at the grocery store. It’s a sad reality… but, we can always keep knocking on their door and reminding them, their constituents would like for them to address the future of harm reduction via vaping. :wink: Never give up!

6 Likes

im a little confused , what does this cole bishop amendment have to do with the budget bill ??? and why would have it been on the table , they have nothing to do with one another , the budget bill is about government spending on things like the wall , planned parenthood , defense this is very confusing

1 Like

In the grand scheme of things, there are almost always Attached Bills or whatever to other things for consideration OR appropriation that they, the GOV, play with All the time. They negotiate on all sorts of things and its usually a tit for tat thing, meaning, You do this for me, I’ll do this for you and then they tie it in on the bigger things so as to go thru and be approved or disapproved. I was with A.B.A.T.E. of Georgia State for the Bill to Repeal the current helmet laws back in the 1990’s and it got attached to a Bill that went to the capital and took 11 years of arguments to finally get passed but was attached to a bunch of other things that the officials either knew Would or Would Not pass. Its a game that unfortunately we don’t have alot of pull or play in. Yes, petitions are a good thing, sometimes they listen but mostly only when there will be an election and they see what the majority to elect then wants. This is all called Bureaucracy and simple Politics here in the US. Not sure how else to put it but I suppose the short answer would just be BS that We The People have to deal with. I hope I shed a little light on your question.

6 Likes

It’s called, PORK all politicians have their PORK in this case, Our Guys PORK was just plain Pinto Loaf I guess!

So we don’t rate!

1 Like