Concentrate Storage

Some people say they do, most people including manufacturers are happy to store in plastic.

Fridge won’t hurt. Cupboard is good enough.
Anything that filters UV, is not in excessive heat and as long as the flavours are well capped, I would think, and you are 95% of the way to fine storage.

For example, do not store your flavours on the dashboard of your car in the sun. Or on a windowsill.

2 Likes

Sweet good to here

1 Like

I keep mine in my crafts and 'stuff’™ closet. Dark 100% and relatively cool. All are in the same bottles they came in. I haven’t been at this for long but I trust that this is good enough.

2 Likes

Correct that spelling good to hear :crazy_face: not here

2 Likes

As long as the message comes through. Shouldn’t be sticklers for proper spelling

3 Likes

No they dont , it is the best way to keep them , but using PET is fine ( hard plasric ) instead of soft , i do suggest flaves like MF to be kept in glass but still PET is fine … i keep mine in a refer bc i dont have the ability or room to keep them in a cool dark closet

4 Likes

I’m in the UK and during the recent warmer weather I have been keeping my concentrates in dark plastic boxes in a beer fridge,they are still in there original plastic bottles though,some for nearly a year. I think I will get some small glass bottles with caps to keep them all in…more expense lol.

3 Likes

So was looking to start a new thread about storing my concentrates and what is the best way to store them. At the moment I have them all organised into different makes in plastic tupperware and then have lids on as it is slightly damp in my apartment. I take off the lids once or twice a month and let the concentrates breath. They are also stored in a dark place.

Reading the above what is best and what is the general to store in the fridge or not? I store my base and nic in the fridge.

I understand reading the above some concentrates will not be good in the fridge. If anyone can give a clear answer fridge, no need for fridge or fridge will not harm that would be cool!! excuse the pun!!lol

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Don’t take the lids off your concentrates when not in use; it cause flavor fade.

5 Likes

No I don’t only quick when I am mixing.

I store my concentrates in plastic tubs with a lid on and once or twice a month or more I take the lid off to let them breathe and circulate fresh air in the plastic tubs they are stored in.

4 Likes

I have well over 1500 concentrates and none have ever been harmed in the fridge…Some will crystallize a little bit but its not a problem …There are many people who use fridges …I personally set my fridge at the warmest temp which keeps them between 50 and 55 F…I also store my open Nic as well but not my VG or PG …The Fridge will not harm the flavors…I have only heard one person say they didnt have good results

5 Likes

Hi
Thanks for your message yes I am unsure as I do not want my concentrates to go bad out as in the summer it is hot here in Portugal. At the moment we are in winter I just keep mine at the moment in plastic food tubs with the lid on the tubs and open them up to get fresh air circulating through. Just wanted to know if there was any special way to look after your concentrates in the best way really. Thanks

3 Likes

do you use A/C in your home during the summer ?

3 Likes

No so probably best in my fridge I keep my fridge on minimal setting only so could be okay in there?

3 Likes

I use a dedictaed mini fridge …well I have 2 but that bc I have to have all the flavors lol…If I couldnt have a separate fridge I would probably find another option …Your concentrates can definetely stay in a dark area at room temp …Room temp imo is apprx 64 to 68 f

2 Likes

Yes I get that also about needing and wanting all the flavours. In Europe now the concentrates are getting hard to find as no one has a lot of stock left making importing hard to get them in. Plus they are very expensive and I cannot buy from the UK as this is also difficult to pass the customs. Vaping is becoming harder here to keep going and concentrates/liquids also hard to find as mentioned. Okay well gets hotter than 68 degs f in the summer so best they go in the fridge then.

5 Likes

you will have to decide for yourself. i use the a/c only when it gets over 90deg and my flavors just sit on a shelf here.

3 Likes

Let me just put it this way…If you have the capability to use a fridge it will not hurt and maintaining temp all year and having them in a dark place is a great idea…If yiur using your fridge that you also use for food then i
would try to figure something else out …If the fridge is the inly place you have that is dark and cool then it may be a good idea

2 Likes

I have been storing my flavours by brand in different sized biscuit tins and they are all slotted in like a jigsaw puzzle inside a beer fridge but as I continue to buy new flavours I have now reached the inevitable situation and have run out of space, my beer fridge is completely stuffed to the rafters. This photo was taken before I got to this point .

Not all is lost though because my other half has decided it’s time we bought a new food fridge as the hinge on our old one needs fixing and of course she doesn’t want it fixed but wants a nice new fridge instead. Luckily we have a spare place for the new fridge to go and still keep the old one in situ so I’m going to have that all to my little self for all of my flavours, VG, PG and working nicotine bottle and I will fix the door hinge myself. I have just checked my flavour stash on here and I was shocked to find that I am just a few bottles shy of 600 flavours :scream_cat::rofl: I daren’t tell her indoors that.

5 Likes