Confessions From The Nursing Home (Injuries and Old Guy War Stories)

Yesterday a suggestion was made to start an ailments thread. I’m thinking the AA model of communication and community is appropriate for this thread.

My name is Maureenie and I’m an Old Person.I admit I am powerless over the effects of aging and
I agree only a power greater than myself can restore me to… (ok you get the picture)

So 3 days ago I woke up and have no clue whatsoever happened in my sleep but I twanked my neck and lower back so bad I had to go to the urgent care within 2 hours. How does a person injure themselves in their sleep?

11 Likes

I thought that was what was happening to me until i found out it was my wife punching me for snoring.(not saying that is how you did it :grinning:)

16 Likes

My husband snores, I’ve ripped the comforter off of him several times saying something to effect of… “ROLL OVER! GOD STOP PLEASE STOP SNORING GOD GOD GOD STOP STOP stop already!!!”

5 Likes

My name is Spatchka. This is Nadsat for ‘to sleep’, which is all I
want to do lately.

When the old timers would tell me when I was a young’un
"you’re gonna feel that when you get older…" I’d laugh it
off and abuse my body anyway.

What I can tell the younger generation is ‘put down the phone and
pay attention to your teachers in school, go to college and get an
office job’!

Thank You.

Is there coffee and donuts?

7 Likes

Smooth Morning Kick

Ingredient %
Booster (Tiramisu) (FA) 0.4
Cream Fresh (FA) 1.5
Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso) (FA) 0.4
Vanilla Tahity (FA) 0.5
Vienna Cream (FA) 0.5

Flavor total: 3.3%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Lar’s Coffee.

Reloaded Donuts (by VaporAlchemist)

Ingredient %
Almond (FA) 0.6
Butterscotch (FW) 1.8
Cake Batter Dip (FW) 2.5
Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP) 0.6
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 3.2
Honey (Diluted 10%) (FA) 0.3
Joy (FA) 0.3
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 4
Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA) 1.6
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 2
Vanillin 10% (TPA) 0.5

Flavor total: 17.4%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Donuts.
:slight_smile:

Old enough to start drawing Social Security in a few more months and yepp the Body is about plumb wore the fuck out from working construction for most of my adult life.
Few years ago they cut me open and took out some parts and that left even more stuff screwed up so it’s a constant game of what doesn’t work right today. LOL
Between the CRS (Can’t Remember Shit) and the really advanced CRAFT ( Can’t Remember A Fucking Thing) it really doesn’t matter as I can’t remember what hurts from minute to minute anyhow.

7 Likes

You may need Vitamin D3. That’s the deficiency that makes you sleep.

1 Like

I get that on a molecular level.

1 Like

My wife doesn’t know you, but now she likes you…

@Maureeenie I knew you were smart…

3 Likes

There’s a few I know who are beat to absolute crap. I wont go into it but I have a major injury to my neck and woke up Friday morning TWEAKED so I totally feel your pain.

I personally won’t be in the thread tho, I have other forums that I use for that. I feel like on ELR I’d just sound whiney(er?). That said if you’re comfortable with it on here, go right ahead. Maybe it should be vape related injuries, I’ll go first:

Burned through fingernail and into nail bed pushing together a contact coil together on a mech with the safety off…stupidity hurts.

I’ve also kissed a few drippers, mindlessly vaping with the cap off an RDA.

1 Like

We were on another thread and it was suggested we start an “old people ailments” thread.

So I did. It was timely, I had just hurt me neck.

3 Likes

Oh I like her too!

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t mean to derail, just thought I’d add something instead. I can pull the post with apologies if it is seen as derailing.

1 Like

No, no you are fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey I resemble that remark, with the exception of the construction I had my own ways of tearing myself up. Property maintenance manager, tile setter well I guess that one is construction. and a few others. Even after I hurt myself the first time and got retrained to do easier work I ended up being a bull headed male and tearing my bicep tendon loose, completely hosing my rotator cuff and a few other things in my right shoulder. Now although not old enough I’m on SS and I can guarantee it sucks beyond belief.

1 Like

I’m not liking this neck/shoulder injury thing. This is right up there with some of the worst pain I’ve ever had. I have a whole new respect for people with this type of pain.

2 Likes

Try this hon, I can’t lift my right arm higher than shoulder level (my elbow that high) On the odd occasion I try the neighbors are treated to a blood curdling scream and the they get to watch a grown man cry. My arm according to the doctor that operated on it is 90%. Sure sure it is. My current doctor keeps telling me I need to have shoulder replacement surgery. And I just can’t get past this being 90% what’s it gonna be like with foreign objects for the shoulder I just can’t cripple myself any further.

1 Like

Since this is just a bunch of us old farts, here. Hasn’t customer service just gone out the window lately? I just hate being lied to repeatedly about my order. I feel like I’m stuck in the middle of that 3 biggest lies joke, and “the orders in the mail” in place of the check

1 Like

And of course it halfway because I need the stuff soon.

1 Like

Have you talked to anyone who has had this surgery? The reason I’m asking is… it really is a new day in medicine. I have two friends who have had “replacements”. One had a hip replacement and the other a knee. They tell me they are new human beings.

3 Likes

Catch the PM in a minute

1 Like