Confessions

I haven’t bought a bottle of retail juice in almost a year. Seems like I’ll try one every now and then mainly for inspiration and sometimes it’s just plain desperation to get out of the store I decided to walk into I end up liking the owner chatting w/ them and I find the only max vg they have and buy it and I am always disappointed every time. The last 2 retail juices we both gross. One I still have half the bottle and the other I threw away which I am almost 100% sure it was 99-% FW yellow cake. The other was a Donut juice that I felt was 90% CCGC TFA these are far from luxurious flavors subpar at their very best imho.

Even if I could walk into any vape store and grab any bottle I wouldn’t it’s loaded w/ surculose and pg both things don’t agree w/ me.

The fun part is , is when they ask to try mine of course I pull off my drip tip immediately :wink: And then their eyes light up and say that is the best juice I’ve ever tasted ! And I say it’s Taro or whatever craziness I feel like vaping and I proudly say it’s pretty good for homemade juice eh :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

I admit to buying a couple of bottles here or there but I always go the cheap route, Let’s just say that I was very happy when they went from 18 bucks for a 120ml to 11.99. I have since started to spend money on buying flavorings so I will be concentrating on DIY for now.

3 Likes

It’s crossed my mind to wonder if I’m missing out, but then I’m like “actually there are mixers on here whose recipes I love and continue to go back to” followed by “yikes, no way I’m paying that for 30ml of juice, I can buy a ton of flavourings instead” :blush:

7 Likes

I received a free bottle with an RDA purchase. I liked it quite a bit but not enough to buy more of it even at 80% off.

Every once in a while I want to splurge on some Element Watermelon Chill, $28 for 60ml but I resist the urge.

2 Likes

I’ll never buy juice

5 Likes

I just started a Poll over here… thought it may be interesting…

2 Likes

I do once in a while. My local shop has a juice bar where you can try them so I never buy duff stuff. Shop bought juices have come along way in the last couple of years, not like the old days where nearly all of them were crap. They are far too expensive though so I think the gravy train is coming to an end for the makers now.

2 Likes

@CallMeTut Nothing to warrant a “religious” response by any means from my POV. lol

Seriously? I think if you have the means or desire to buy store bought (be it a ‘house blend’ or the most expensive ‘top shelf’ concoction du juer… then more power to you.

Whether it’s just for inspiration, or a break/treat for the palate. If it makes you happy, then cool!

Personally, I’ve only bought retail twice in the last eight months. One 30ml each time (two different vendors). One was a “treat”, the other was a comparison of one I started out trying to clone (to see how close/far I’d come). Other than that, I only vape what I mix. Long since weened off the sucralose, so last time I sat down for a “test session” at a respectable vendor’s shop, I found that the majority of ‘major brands’ are just too full of it. (Both in price, and sucralose!) :laughing:

7 Likes

I haven’t bought anything but flavors since I started diy. I do still have one left in my drawer and tried it a few weeks back, bleeech :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It used to be my favourite commercial juice, but now it was a horrific artificial taste to it. I’ll stick to my own.

8 Likes

First is Element’s Pink Grapefruit. I don’t enjoy citrus enough to try my own clone but this is so good it’s addictive! There’s a clone on here I have faved because it looks really good even if it’s not dead on. I’ll try it when I get a few of my other projects settled. As it is, since my sense of taste has returned I have to add about 1/3 unflavored to the tank and still it’s only an occasional desert type thing.

Second is called Darkside from a local company Just Add Heat. This is a glorious mix of Raspberry, Blueberry and Dragon fruit but it’s also very strong and sweet. I dilute this one as well now, sometimes with a light cream flavor. Usually I split a bottle with my kids.

3 Likes

What SthrnMixer said

3 Likes

I will not spend the money on store stuff. I have too much invested in DIY.

5 Likes

I stopped going to the vape shop long ago. I have fallen in love with my strawberry lemonade, orange zest and banana milkshake

1 Like

OoooOOOoooo that sounds delicious!! That’s a combo I’ll have to play with!!! Thanks for sharing!
/inspired

1 Like

It really is! One of the juice guys I spoke with at the local shop told me VG is so sweet on it’s own, that if you need to add sweetener it’s because the recipe isn’t properly balanced. I’m not certain it was the Just Add Heat guy but I think it might have been. I’m pretty sure this mix is 70/30 and not horribly or artificially sweet, just a pleasant prominently sweet if that makes sense. Let me know how this works out for you! I’l love to try the results. :smiley:

1 Like

I haven’t bought juice in a couple years either. Not that long ago, a guy at my work was telling me how good a particular juice was (can’t remember what it was called, had an octopus on the bottle). It was a lemon desert flavor and I tried it. It was good but not spectacular. It wasn’t better than anything that I made at home. Actually a bit too much AP. I went home that day and duplicated the recipe from memory and brought it to work the next day for that guy to try. He said mine was better and asked to buy some (he buys juice from me sometimes). I’m by no means a great mixer or anything either. I guess my point is that store-bought juices aren’t as impressive to me now. I’ve tried a couple more since then and I can pick out every flavor and can usually duplicate it.
I’m sure there are some great juices in the store but the price is too much. I can spend $50 in the store and get a few bottles of good juice or I can spend the $50 at Wizard Labs or TPA and get a ton of sample sizes and a few larger sizes. I get so much more enjoyment that way. I get to vape exactly what I want.

7 Likes

To me, it is like music. Just because I can play an instrument doesn’t mean I have stopped listening to music. In order to improve, I not only practise but listen to others. Also if the only music I listened to is the local radio station I would stop listening to music too.
I seek out juices I haven’t tried before of different flavours than I normally vape and also of flavours that I mix just to see how someone else has made it. There are so many brands, there has to be some out there that I will like in addition to what I mix.

1 Like

True but I don’t necessarily like the concept of kissing a lot of frogs to find a prince concept of things. I know some kissing has to be done, but decided long ago that I’d rather listen to others talk about things prior to puckering up… basically like the flavor list, while everyone’s tastes are different, I’d much rather get a opinion from a group that such and such is good and such and such isn’t that good, then go about deciding if I want to try it as opposed to just buying a premade juice and hope it is okay. While the radio analogy is good… and is cost effective, most people wouldn’t shell out a lot of hard earned money to go to a concert unless it was a band they knew they liked. Sure you may find a band you liked doing it that way, but you might go broke before you found it lol

3 Likes

I did grab a couple of bottles when they were on sale at 50% with two free as my tanks are set up for specific flavours and I’m still waiting for some concentrates from FA Italy, so I can’t make the juices I really wanna try, like @Amy2 Cronuts & Ruperts Doughnuts, so my arm was forced.

Here’s my list of what goes in my tanks, why? I hear you ask. Example my TFV4 S6 Coil has been going solid for up to 3 months with a good hammering sometimes up to just below 90w & I find if I use the same of similar flavour profiles, even my RBA’s last up to 10 times as long :wink:

Baby Beast with RBA 68-72w
Bronuts.

Big Baby Beast with Coils (AFC stuck open) 45w - 90w depending on Coil
Currently Little Havana, or any sweet tobacco or cinnamon type flavour.

TFV4 Mini S6 (or RBA) 84w -90w
Chocolate Biscuit, Caramel, Cappuccino, need to add this it’s delicious see below, nightshift etc

Cleito with RBA
Strawberry Cheesecake Remix

Cleito 120 with RBA 76w
Doughnuts Sweet Jam?, currently Glory Glaze, want to try Amy’s Cronuts, Ruperts, Drizzle

Anyvape Furytank 2
Mint Flavour Profiles (mint Choc Chip, Tic Tacs etc.

IJoy RDTA (need RBA Base to try different flavours) 72w
Muffin Man Clone

Big Baby Beast with RBA
New Tank with working AFC yah :slight_smile:

Smok RDTA
New Tank

Rita Aspire Triton 2 & Rita Aspire K2
Strawberry Milkshake

Currently in my TFV4 Mini I mixed this up and cannot stop vaping it, I was just messing about although well pleased with the results.

Biscuit Vapable 1
Caramel Cappuccino VM 10
Milk Chocolate VM 3
Joy FA 0.25
Sweetener TPA 0.75

So yeah I went to the dark side although am still mixing, come on FA IT, hurry up :slight_smile:

I posted my recipe on ELR http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1210477/Hint+of+coco+capookie+v1 :+1:

2 Likes

I have been mixing my own juice for the last three years. I have some that are very good and others that are just mediocre. I have twenty juices I mix on a regular basis. I couldn’t afford store bought juice but I have struggled to make a consistently good juice from each recipe I use. Sometimes I find my taste wants one type of juice and at other times I want something different. That makes it difficult to decide if a juice is really good or if it just meets the need at the moment.

I think for the most part I’m comfortable with the juices I have and don’t really worry about finding something different. Almost all of the recipes I have I found here. I’m sure there are some great juice recipes I haven’t discovered yet but there are such a variety not to mention the thousands on this site alone that it’s not possible to try them all. I just know what I like and go with that.

One of the great discoveries I’ve made is finding a mixing friend I can talk to and share recipes with.and talk about juices I like. That has been one of the best parts of vaping I’ve found. I’m not interested in whether my juice is the best and I’m certainly not going to rave about a certain juice I’ve discovered. That’s not whats important to me. Just having some juice that tastes good and meets the need is all I care about. If your wanting to sell your juice or market it in some way that’s fine but for me I just like that I have some good flavors I enjoy and that’s good enough for me.

4 Likes